Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Were Fracture Enemies Adjusted?

To start, let me say the roles I usually perform on PLD in Morimar Fracture (typically Tojil runs). All these are done with little to no healing support (emergency Stona every once in a while):
    • I solo prep the Volatile Matamata for a physical kill using Holy and Banish spells. Using Mondaha Cudgel (Type B), I can usually get Banish I (that's right, ONE) to deal damage and safely put the matamata into the 128x multiplier. I do this while holding all adds and the NM not being engaged. (Typically, the parties I go with do the Perduable Raptor first and then the Shimmering Tarichuk, leaving me holding Shimmering Tarichuk.) Typically, the first area of the Fracture leaves me holding no more than eight adds at time (assuming I make a decent pull and don't have to look for any given NM). I have adds purged before passing beyond the Tier I~III wall and again before pulling Tojil.
    • During the termination of Tutewehiwehi and Kurma, I continue to hold all adds while clearing a path to the next NM and from there to Tojil. While the alliance engages one of these two NM's, I generally pick off adds to reduce what the party needs to kill later. If adds are few, then I move close to the melees (not so close that Geist Wall and Demoralizing Roar can hit people) and assist in curing.
    • During the engagement with Tojil, I make the pull, sac myself in the corner of the boss chamber, and return to the party to assist with curing. (If you sac in the corner, the enemies will need to travel a fair distance, allowing you time to rejoin the party.)
    As of late, I've been having very good success with Tojil and the run leading up to him. However, as of the November 4th version update, things have been going terribly and I never used to suck this badly. To expound:
    • I cannot get normal (Fugacious) enemies to line up like they used to anymore. They constantly fidget around and move out of blocking angle. Even if the number of enemies I'm holding is low, they still move away.
    • I count far more adds than I used to count.
    • Enemies seem to pop out of nowhere or, in the case of NM's, wander fair distances to reach me. In a recent run, Tutewehiwehi left the room he was in and came down a corridor and began to attack me from behind. At the time, I had eight adds and then shortly after, two more spawned behind me and started interrupting my cures. After getting Tutewehiwehi into my blocking angle, he proceeded to use Grim Glower, resulting in fairly swift annihilation. (Ten adds and an NM while petrified is not a good combo.)
    • The straw that broke the camel's back and resulted in me feeling so horrible about failing the alliance I was in (I actually dropped the party seeing as I was simply serving to humiliate my linkshell and myself) was with the matamata. As I said, I usually get low-end Banish spells to put him into the 128x physical damage state. Tonight, I had every spell get resisted and do zero damage with a total of +23 MAB on me. (Divine magic skill is capped and has maxed merits. MND when nuking is 186.)
    I like to think I do my job acceptably but since the last update, my performance has just taken a nosedive. I've resigned from leading LS Tojil runs because I don't want that attention anymore. Before the update, I would rarely ever die, and when I did it was always due to something like forgetting to put Phalanx up or being afflicted with Baleful Gaze for an extended period of time (that usually wears off after about 15 seconds).

Has anyone else noticed that things in Fracture just seem different or am I just starting to suck? I know the latter is probably the case, but at the same time, I don't think I'd go from nailing my job each run to doing beyond terribly. Can I get a dev team response on whether anything in Delve was adjusted (aside from displaying content levels before entry, putting RME-119 upgrade items in spoils pool, and allowing BLU to learn the Fracture bosses' state-shifting moves)?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 11-13-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Let's see Banish 1 with 186 mnd and 23 mab should probably deal about 123 dmg to a null enemy with 100 mnd. Matamatas take additional 50% magic dmg normally. So that would put you at 2 dmg after the 6th move. So sounds like a somewhat frequent resists. Probably be better off using bura and banish II or just use Divine Emblem for the last nuke
    (1)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The matamata was but a minor focus of this. However, after using Holy and getting Banish zero'd twice in row...and totally failing the alliance, I am indeed wondering if something's been changed.
    (0)

Player
    I personally have noticed no difference, however, they may be, or it may be simply bad luck.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I personally have noticed no difference, however, they may be, or it may be simply bad luck.
    Five times in row is a bit hard to call bad luck, don't you think?

Addendum: Make that six times if you include the attempt the alliance made after I withdrew with my tail between my legs.
    (0)

Player
    True, I am not sure why it would be happening like that, the only thing I can say is perhaps something was changed, but if it was, it was in such a way that it would be perhaps only slight magical DMG can not trigger it any longer for Mata, as for the other issues, I am not sure. For Mata, something I do not know for sure works, but could possibly, is you could try using elemental WSs, such as Seraph Blade to do the damage needed. Just TP off the adds your holding, target the NM your party is fighting or one of the adds, and use the TP you get from blocks to WS Mata with an elemental WS. It may work, or may not, I do not know, but it is worth a shot I figure.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    True, I am not sure why it would be happening like that, the only thing I can say is perhaps something was changed, but if it was, it was in such a way that it would be perhaps only slight magical DMG can not trigger it any longer for Mata, as for the other issues, I am not sure. For Mata, something I do not know for sure works, but could possibly, is you could try using elemental WSs, such as Seraph Blade to do the damage needed. Just TP off the adds your holding, target the NM your party is fighting or one of the adds, and use the TP you get from blocks to WS Mata with an elemental WS. It may work, or may not, I do not know, but it is worth a shot I figure.
    That's what I do. However, best WS's for that are Flash Nova (enmity bomb) and Sanguine Blade (good modifiers, high damage). There are circumstances when that is not optimal, such as when the majority of adds are comprised of lizards (don't want them to use Baleful Gaze).

As you can likely tell, I've done this A LOT, and so I'm upset because excelling in my role in Fracture is something I pride myself on--and recently, it's all gone down the toilet.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to say, the only thing I can think of is that they raised the minimum DMG required to make the multiplier since I have heard before anyways if you did to little it wouldn't raise either, that's about my only guess because otherwise I think the difference would be more noticeable and there would be a lot more people talking about it, but MNKs deal the DMG so easily with powerful WS, while your attacks I am sure do quite a bit less, which could be why you may not be hitting the theoretically raised minimum needed. Either way, I wish you the best of luck with finding the source of the issue, if I do Tojil again soon, I will try to watch for that which you have mentioned, normally I just focus on my duties, but this does sound weird.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The minimum amount of damage is one point to push the matamata into its next damage phase. As far as looking at the adds though, you kinda need to be the person holding them or actually count them off each time they are purged. Most groups purge before each engagement. With me in the party, I eliminate this need. If I can't do that anymore, I have no reason to be brought along and am effectively rendered worthless. I nearly quit the game over this because it more or less means my spot is gone in the main endgame event. If I had a PLD in my alliance pulling this crap, I'd throw him out of my alliance in a heartbeat. And now I'M that PLD.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    If you don't believe me, here's an older video of a Tojil run. (Obviously, this isn't mine.) Look how line friendly and fewer the mobs are in this video.

http://youtu.be/AeJ1vyUfHpg

Addendum: While I haven't watched all 40 minutes of the video, I believe it is safe for work.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 11-17-2013 at 07:26 AM.