Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [NEW]
    Reduce the HP of obstacles in Yahse Hunting Grounds/Ceizak Battlegrounds
    Please don't do this. They're too short as it is.
    (1)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm not sure if it's a case of System working as intended but something seems wrong about the JSE back peice drop rate lately:

Three weeks ago about, I did a wildskeeper reive in Marjami Ravine and got a Mauler's Mantle (WAR). Then after, I did colonization reives there, which I had gotten a Weard Manlte (PLD) and Updraft Mantle (DRG).

Since then, I have done colonization and lair reives in Marjami Ravine and Yorcia Weald. I have done them solo, low man(6-10) and mega group (36+). Killed the reives in anywhere from 60 seconds to 60 minutes. Did them as DD, healer and support. I have made well over 180k bayld. And have NOT gotten a single cape since 3 weeks ago.

Do the capes even drop anymore?
    (4)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Sorry, cupcake, that was fixed because people were using third party software to constantly recast songs while you're afk. These people are just sitting afk, not cheating in any way.
    I think he talk about the 1st fix on fortification when you could just afk engage the fortification and get decent XP
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    I think he talk about the 1st fix on fortification when you could just afk engage the fortification and get decent XP
    Meh, that's not the same either. That person had to be there to engage the fort.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    After spending 2 hours getting to the Wildskeeper Reive in Yorcia Weald, I am not sure how I feel about Colonation reives anymore. There is a part of me thinking they shouldn't be to easy, then there's another part of me thinking these things are nothing more then a hindrance and the mobs should be made easier on all of them.

I guess when I am trying to get to a Wildskeeper I just want to get there and want everyone else to get there to. Without having to spend 2 hours to get there. Really wish more people would do the colonation reives in Yorcia but even I don't go there because the area is really hard to navigate and the biouvacs are never up.
    (3)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    After spending 2 hours getting to the Wildskeeper Reive in Yorcia Weald, I am not sure how I feel about Colonation reives anymore. There is a part of me thinking they shouldn't be to easy, then there's another part of me thinking these things are nothing more then a hindrance and the mobs should be made easier on all of them.

I guess when I am trying to get to a Wildskeeper I just want to get there and want everyone else to get there to. Without having to spend 2 hours to get there. Really wish more people would do the colonation reives in Yorcia but even I don't go there because the area is really hard to navigate and the biouvacs are never up.
    900 people online atm. Most probably afk. Colonization level 24%. I'll be lucky if I even get to do that one lol.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    First of all, it is still MPK. Second, why do you care? Is that guy lowering the price of orvail gear on the auction house? Are RMTs making billions selling Reive weapons to NPCs? How does this affect you at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by http://support.na.square-enix.com
    Definition of "MPK"

MPK is defined as an action taken by a player or players who purposely cause monsters to attack or incapacitate other players. This interferes with other people's game play and is strictly forbidden according to the PlayOnline Guidelines.

An action may be construed as harrassment in nature even if a monster does not directly attack, but still takes an action that impedes another player's gameplay.

The use of monsters with the sole purpose to steal monster(s) or drops from other players who are fighting a certain monster is forbidden. Rights to a monster belong to the player or group fighting that monster. Any acts designed to gain rights forcibly from other player(s) are not permitted. However, if a player or group is defeated, or loses right through their own actions, then this does not apply.
    An AFK player has no gameplay, and therefore cannot be MPK'd because they are not considered a player at this point.

Furthermore, they willingly entered a battlefield knowing that the actions of other players can result in their character going KO, either through unavoidable AOE, the other player being defeated near them, the other player being knocked out of bounds, walking out of bounds due to lag, being overwhelmed (fleeing combat) or is leaving the battlefield because a real life situation or an emergency maintenance would not allow completion of the reive within the given timeframe. If the MPK'ed character would have been AFK outside the reive, existing gameplay mechanics would prevent MPK'ing in almost all cases, so it's their own fault.

If you go AFK in a reive, you are at the mercy of the actual players, and in the worst case you lose a negligable amount of experience. Some players don't mind leechers, others do.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    An AFK player has no gameplay, and therefore cannot be MPK'd because they are not considered a player at this point.

Furthermore, they willingly entered a battlefield knowing that the actions of other players can result in their character going KO, either through unavoidable AOE, the other player being defeated near them, the other player being knocked out of bounds, walking out of bounds due to lag, being overwhelmed (fleeing combat) or is leaving the battlefield because a real life situation or an emergency maintenance would not allow completion of the reive within the given timeframe. If the MPK'ed character would have been AFK outside the reive, existing gameplay mechanics would prevent MPK'ing in almost all cases, so it's their own fault.

If you go AFK in a reive, you are at the mercy of the actual players, and in the worst case you lose a negligable amount of experience. Some players don't mind leechers, others do.
    Nice rationalization there. Try telling that to the few people who got in trouble mpking rolanmarkets back in the day. Or the ones mpking people at campaign. Or camping nms etc. Granted getting caught isn't easy since hard to prove it was on purpose most the time.

You are only semi right here. Yes you go somewhere under the risk something will happen. This is why people generally try to afk out of the way. And if things just happen they happen. But people aren't just being killed by unavoidable AOE, or people just happening to die or leave the battlefield near you. It's about people going out of there way and actually sometimes running into a corner (clearly not trying to escape death) or just running to people and dieing on them for the purpose of killing said afk players. And purposefully killing someone is against the rules and overall childish behaviour. And actually you can still mpk people outside the reives pretty easy to pull non reive mobs too.

While that is technically true if you mpk afk people you are at the mercy of those afk people when they get back. Lucky for the assholes thinking it's funny to mpk people on purpose most wont make reports. But I will. Stay classy and have fun with those bans fellas
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 07-31-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    By you. Not by the management staff.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You are only semi right here. Yes you go somewhere under the risk something will happen. This is why people generally try to afk out of the way. And if things just happen they happen. But people aren't just being killed by unavoidable AOE, or people just happening to die or leave the battlefield near you. It's about people going out of there way and actually sometimes running into a corner (clearly not trying to escape death) or just running to people and dieing on them for the purpose of killing said afk players. And purposefully killing someone is against the rules and overall childish behaviour. And actually you can still mpk people outside the reives pretty easy to pull non reive mobs too.
    The only way you can be MPKed outside reives is if you are in the area the mobs roam, which means you were eventually going to die to it anyway. Pick a better spot next time, as other players are not required to die to avoid bruising your AFK tushy.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    While that is technically true if you mpk afk people you are at the mercy of those afk people when they get back. Lucky for the assholes thinking it's funny to mpk people on purpose most wont make reports. But I will. Stay classy and have fun with those bans fellas
    Problem being that AFK people can't report on anything because they aren't witnesses. And there has to be proof of intent, which can only be witnessed first-hand by a GM, who can only do so much as check the chat logs to see you were in a reive and apparently got too close to the action and got agrod by a reive mob.

I don't go around reives to see if there are AFKers I can buzz, but I'm not going out of my way to protect them either. If aoe knocks you out of bounds, so much the better, but if it knocks you into the other mobs, I'm not helping you. Don't AFK in reives.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast