Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marked for Life

Player

Marked for Life

No not Zimmerman =p

Out of all Final Fantasy Games, which version got you hooked and why?

For me, FF3 for Nintendo was the game that started my addiction. Although at the time, only JP version existed, I had to play it through without understanding the entire game. The one that got me truely hooked was FFVI with the Magitech armor and my all time favorite Villian Kefka.

What about you?
    (2)

Player
    FFX, while others will disagree, I loved the story, characters, world, and while it was not the hardest, it also wasn't so easy as to bore me, it was the first FF game I played that I really got into. I still replay FFX to this day, and plan to get HD when its released.
    (2)

Player
    The original on NES. Spent a month on and off with a friend slowly figuring out our way through it. Even drew maps because the simplicity of its visuals made for a lot of confusion in some of the larger dungeons.

Kept playing every series' entry from there on in.
    (2)

Player
    FF1

I got it when it first came out and immediately fell in love with it (hell I still have it on 3 different systems I'm currently running as well as my original copy of the NES version).

I didn't play another FF until i picked up a used SNES in the late 90s and one of the 2 games I got with it was FF6 (labeled 3 in the US SNES version). A couple of my friends and I spent a summer in college playing through it and found just about everything in the game. To this day it is still my unquestioned favorite in the series.

I came to the real FF3 when the first US version came out on the Nintendo DS and sadly it was just too dated by the time I got to it. I played through it but it took 2 tries, I just couldn't summon up that sense of nostalgia for it that I was able to find when I picked up all the other early FF games that I missed on there original release. Sadly even for a game that had been so totally remade for it's DS release it didn't update so many of the clunky interface issues that had been streamlined in other games from that time (not just FFs) that have gotten a face lift.

FFX was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the hell out of it (but I am an unapologetic fanboy of the FF series) and I can't wait to get my hands on the HD remake with the International Version bonus content we never got to see here.
    (2)

FFVIII not the actual game but the demo version on the ps1.

It was beautiful and had very appealing music. I loved watching Leviathan sweep away monsters. Then I got the game itself and being a kid at the time I couldn't fully comprehend the game and thus struggled through it. Then I played it again recently and completely demolished by finally making full use of the game's junction system and item/spell conversion options becoming nearly invincible by the end of disc one. Also a strong point I found about the story was that it was very subtle in some regards.
    (0)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    FF4 for me. I was allowed to pick one SNES game for my birthday when I was a kid, and the game I wanted wasn't in the store (which I can't even remember anymore). So after carefully inspecting all of the boxes, and having played a few PC games like King's Quest, Final Fantasy appealed quite a bit to me.

As it turned out, I was drawn into the storyline, gameplay and music. With no internet or strategy guide to follow it took me a very long time to complete (I think 80 hours total), but it totally had me hooked. I played 6, 7 and 10 when those came out, and years later I decided I wanted to play all of the main titles in order. Haven't made it to 12 yet
    (1)

Player
    Final fantasy 7 here

guess why
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    FF4 on SNES for me. I remember being so moved by the story, I couldn't put it down. I was around 10yrs old when it was released here in the US. Like someone mentioned above, there was no internet or guides to properly show a playthrough, so it took me and my sister quite a bit to get through it. But get through it we did, and we kept playing new games just to see all the old characters again.
    (1)

Final Fantasy 5. On an emulator, because i never had a SNES, much less a super famicom! And the PS1 version sucked.
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Final Fantasy 5. On an emulator, because i never had a SNES, much less a super famicom! And the PS1 version sucked.
    The loading times on those PSX releases were atrocious anyway xD
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast