Character
    Archades
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Avatar still affecting player in Port Jueno

Ive already submitted to GM through a call thought id put it here too.

Was in port Jueno and decided to rest to activate swift shoes kupopower, when i was given message "You cannot rest with an avatar summoned."

I was on Summoner and had just left West Adoulin after running Courier Tasks with Garuda out. I never released avatar before going into town because its never been an issue before.

Happened about 11:30 am -ish. Eastern time.
    (1)

Character
    Meowitzer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I was able to reproduce the issue myself today (7-16-13).

Logged into Buburimu Penninsula, and summoned Garuda. I then used a Federation Earring (which warps you to Windurst) without releasing Garuda first.

After zoning into Windurst Waters, I tried to heal in order to gain the "Swift Shoes" moogle Kupower we currently have active on Asura.. and received the message: "You cannot rest with an avatar summoned."

I then zoned to Windurst Woods, using the Warp NPC- "Tonana". Tried to heal again, and the same results occured:

"You cannot rest with an avatar summoned."

After changing jobs in my mog house, I was finally able to rest again.
    (1)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yup, happened to many others as well as myself. I find it ridiculous that SE can take entire servers down for half a day to "resolve" an issue in Horlais Peak, but they don't even draw any attention to this avatar glitch while healing in town.
    (0)

Redproduced bug as well, bug also prevents you from shutting down or log out.
    (0)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Teiei
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another detail about this, the bug also prevents you from changing your automaton's attachments if you enter a town without deactivating your automaton in the field.

It seems like this applies to any pet that isn't automatically dismissed upon entering a city (or similar area that does not allow active pets.) It acts as if the pet is still active and thus won't let you do things that are normally forbidden with an active pet.
    (2)
    Last edited by Teiei; 07-18-2013 at 06:43 AM.

The development team is aware of this issue and they are currently investigating. We apologize for any inconveniences.
    (2)

Okipuit - Community Team