Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Is people not getting xp/bayld/items in new Wildskeeper Reives fixed?
    (0)

Character
    Datsik
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Nope, GM just said they can't return any key items since there policy is against it
    (0)

So I got home from work this evening and thought to myself "Hmmm FFXI or FFXIV: ARR Beta"

As I made dinner I pondered which game I would pass my time with.

Having recently completed the latest series of missions, accompanied with the fact that I only still play this game because I want all the story line, I decided I would jump into beta and do some more testing. As I said good bye to my friends after a night of dungeon running, zone exploration and chocobo fights, and all around fun, I jumped onto the ffxi forums to find disaster had struck in my absence....

now to go to bed, another day closer to Aug. 27th ^_~
    (0)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralos View Post
    So I got home from work this evening and thought to myself "Hmmm FFXI or FFXIV: ARR Beta"

As I made dinner I pondered which game I would pass my time with.

Having recently completed the latest series of missions, accompanied with the fact that I only still play this game because I want all the story line, I decided I would jump into beta and do some more testing. As I said good bye to my friends after a night of dungeon running, zone exploration and chocobo fights, and all around fun, I jumped onto the ffxi forums to find disaster had struck in my absence....

now to go to bed, another day closer to Aug. 27th ^_~
    I also decided to login in to the beta. Played a bit, realized how much more I prefer FFXI, logged out, did some housework, went to bed.
    (1)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    They better have a good explanation ready for this.

Maint during a weekend is a lot of pissed off players.
    Be glad they are a company that takes care of there game, and is willing to work on it in such short notice. Better then a company saying to hell with it while it breaks down.
    (1)

Character
    Alegra
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Am I just really unlucky or did they remove the capes from the new Reives?
    Made 60K Bayld, over like 10 hour's, got lotsa statue parts, crafting materials, a Staff-1, but not seen any capes at all.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Almantia View Post
    Is the server room on fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    They better have a good explanation ready for this.

Maint during a weekend is a lot of pissed off players.
    It's nice to see that they are actually doing EMERGENCY maint rather than the "emergency" maint that's such an emergency that it can wait until 17:00 GMT to only piss off the EU players.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    It's nice to see that they are actually doing EMERGENCY maint rather than the "emergency" maint that's such an emergency that it can wait until 17:00 GMT to only piss off the EU players.
    That, or they just chose not to announce it till then so it would seem more like an emergency, because I don't know about anyone else but to me, this seems fairly minor and I think it could have waited, or only been a few areas down, not the entire game for 9 hours.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have to agree that this was not handled well. While I don't know the specific facts, and while the problem could have potentially appeared more severe than it actually was, my group entered a Wildskeeper rieve minutes before the emergency announcement. Many had never done a wildskeeper before and were very excited about it, when everyone came back not only were tags gone, they were not refunded either the bayld or key item. I'm gonna jump on the "wth is going on with ffxi" train.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That, or they just chose not to announce it till then so it would seem more like an emergency, because I don't know about anyone else but to me, this seems fairly minor and I think it could have waited, or only been a few areas down, not the entire game for 9 hours.
    As I understand it, from what was commented on, The whole server had to be shut down in case other areas were experiencing the same problem (probably took 8 hours to wait until the maint team came into work, then 1 hour to do the job).

I can only hope with all my heart that the 'unimplemented items' that people got were Judge's Armour or weapons. Or that it's new delve boss gear and if you hold onto your '.' item until it becomes implemented, you have it sat there ready to use

Of course, I do feel bad for those that wasted bayld to do a wildskeeper reive just before this maint started.
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13