Results -9 to 0 of 476

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    Not only did they eliminate it, they managed to eliminate most of the reasons the zones said levels existed for in the process. And the reasons people even hung around in the starting cities.

I mean, I regularly have to explain to newbie people capped at level 50 why fame matters or how to get to anywhere save Gusgen Mines and Crawler's Nest. The incentives to explore, to actually be in the game world were obliterated with Abyssea. Because little blue boxes and a L30 entry limit.
    And the way I see why these areas were eliminated was because people complained they weren't getting invites to 6 man parties and failing to exp was killing the game so in order to keep leveling interested was to expand the limit to 18 man alliances which would make certain areas popular and full bringing the majority of the player base to certain areas.

Just the same as I mentioned before the rope has 2 sides, if the adjustment is made for a good cause a sacrifice is always made.

Speeding the leveling phase to less than half a day made most auction house gear irrelevant.

Allowing 18 man alliances and GOV pages sacrificed leveling at old maps and 6 man Skillchain groups.

Adjustments are made based on a general view of what can benefit the majority.

Most events today is based on keeping big groups and the majority of the playerbase together than fall apart.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-28-2013 at 04:16 AM.