Character
    Zegorath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Forefront weapons

Why does rdm didn´t get forefront dagger or blade? only wand which is useless because it only have melee stats....
    (2)

Player
    I honestly have to agree, not only did we not get a new dagger that was worth using since Aluh, when we were promised we would get some new daggers sometimes soon in another thread, but also we now got ripped off on our swords too!?
    (1)

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I really don't know why didn't add us RDM's onto the Forefront Blade... But I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's because of the sword model. It's not a model RDM isn't generally on, from what I can tell. As for the dagger... Who knows.

I'm really hoping they release a sword that is like the other WKR weapons with +188 skill on it and RDM can USE IT.

As it stands, Adoulin has given RDM MAINLY mage gear and not a lot to boost our combat powers. Not saying there aren't a few pieces here and there to boost our combat prowess. There's just been nothing concrete, IMO, to give us more leverage on the front lines.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.
    If this is true, then why does every mage enfeeble the same as RDM?

Player
    Well, so far as weapons go, were ok, Bura & Hala will have skill on them soon enough, provided you can obtain them. I would like a WKR weapon as it would be a bit more powerful than Hala, and would also be a great deal easier than Bura. In either case, I am always up for something new to enhance my RDM's ability for combat.
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    But I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's because of the sword model. It's not a model RDM isn't generally on, from what I can tell.
    Yeah, I see that it's a scimitar, and RDM is not on Scimitars. That still sucks and they should still have given us an alternative.

As it stands, Adoulin has given RDM MAINLY mage gear and not a lot to boost our combat powers. Not saying there aren't a few pieces here and there to boost our combat prowess. There's just been nothing concrete, IMO, to give us more leverage on the front lines.
    This.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    i've noticed this too, it seems like a side effect of almost everything being part of a set now. this is the heavy melee set, this is the light melee set, and this is the mage set. these are the jobs that can use it, fuck off if they don't line up.

blue mage is starting to get pigeonholed to, they do get 2 bayld sets, but NOT 2 delve sets. honestly i think blu have worse mage gear than rdm has melee gear, at least all the mage gear has haste on it now, and bokwus can be augmented with melee stats if you see fit.

is it possible for a blu to get 50% cure potency yet? and you can't put magic attack or blue magic skill on manibozho gear.

i mentioned here that it seems like hybrid jobs are just being forgotten in general.
    (1)

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    ...and bokwus can be augmented with melee stats if you see fit...
    Did they just recently change this? I only ask because when I turned in my Bokwus gloves it only gave me MAGE options. IE: MAB, MACC, MP paths

If this is true, I might need to relook into them as possible melee gear.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.
    If this is true, then why does every mage enfeeble the same as RDM?

bokwus have MACC, MATT, and ACC paths. so you could get 15 acc, 10 att, and 10 dex on any bokwus gear.

now whether or not that's a good idea would probably vary wildly by the job in question, what other gear you have access to, and what you really care about.

for example, bokwus legs can make an excellent enfeebling or nuking piece, melee augmenting them would probably be a bad idea. but bokwus hands won't beat yaoyotl hands for macc or matt regardless of the augment you give them, and they make a solid cure piece without any augment at all. take that with the 3% haste and 10 dex already on them and you could see some potential as a TP piece.
    (2)