Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    1. This is SE were talking about.

2. COR needs 'luck' to get that.

3. RDM can become a competitive DD if you put in the work to make it work. The only things RDM DDing does not work on right now are Delve Bosses, T4~5 NMs, and Yumcax/Hurkan. Anything else in Adoulin you can melee as a RDM & do fine, in Delve Plasm farms a RDM can get a DPS of around 1k with normal buffs(your own buffs as well as Chaos/Fighters & March x2) which is not all to far behind normal DDs, meaning, it can be viable, as I said though, most people ignore it. You even proved my point a little with what you said... which is normally true, but last night my RDM did more DMG than both the DRK & MNK in my party in the deep tunnels of a Morimar Plasm Farm, so to say they could have brought something to DD better, I don't know, really, I think I did quite well. That is not to say all RDMs do, but, at the same time, it can do it, and Temper is one of our best things, I only wish Temper to stay as it is because I believe that SE would nerf it if they let us use it on others, which as a RDM who actually very much values his melee aspect to his job, I refuse to support that.
    1. True I have no faith in there ability to care about rdm.

2. Not that much luck with jas and any cor worth his salt should be able to hit lucky or 11 and lucky is pretty close and then they can do another buff that is much better than any rdm can do AND they can do it for 2 pts while rdm will be stuck only doing it for 1 pt if it was reduced to single target party only. So given what cor can do either cor is waaaaaaaaaaaay OP or making temper pt only isn't. As is rdm buffing basically has no use in a pt.

3. The thing is with those same buffs other DDS can get MUCH higher dps. Now sure if you compare a pimped out rdm DD to a abyssea burned garbage mnk sure that rdm will win. Compare it to like geared/skilled DDs and it will go down everytime. Even more so in fights where you need hybrid sets. I mean I've beaten several 2hd DDs and mnks on bst while they were getting buffs and I wasn't but I know that doesn't mean bst is a better DD (though it is one of the better 1hders) so much as I was much better player/geared
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-15-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not that much luck with jas and any cor worth his salt should be able to hit lucky or 11 and lucky is pretty close and then they can do another buff that is much better than any rdm can do AND they can do it for 2 pts while rdm will be stuck only doing it for 1 pt if it was reduced to single target party only. So given what cor can do either cor is waaaaaaaaaaaay OP or making temper pt only isn't. As is rdm buffing basically has no use in a pt.
    I know, just I assume if SE looked at it they would say 'COR has a chance of giving you really bad buffs though and only a little chance at being the same as or higher than Temper, as such, we feel it must be reduced to 10% before being cast on others' or something such as that.

The thing is with those same buffs other DDS can get MUCH higher dps. Now sure if you compare a pimped out rdm DD to a abyssea burned garbage mnk sure that rdm will win. Compare it to like geared/skilled DDs and it will go down everytime. Even more so in fights where you need hybrid sets. I mean I've beaten several 2hd DDs and mnks on bst while they were getting buffs and I wasn't but I know that doesn't mean bst is a better DD (though it is one of the better 1hders) so much as I was much better player/geared
    I know if equal geared & everything that a normal DD will win, that's obvious by the fact RDM misses out on so much in melee with no real attack buff on itself, which hurts Req a lot, and the forced sub NIN for Dual Wield. But my point was is that on anything besides the hardest NMs right now RDM may not be the best, but it can hold its own on DD power if you do it well enough. By well enough, I mean, you need a Buramenk'ah & Halachuinic Sword to do it as well as at least a decent TP & WS set with capped Enhancing Magic so your getting the most out of STR/Temper. But in the end all I was saying is that I feel like people restrict it a little to much when they don't bring it to higher stuff and leave it back at level 75 content and such, and as someone who does melee, I feel I can not trust SE to make Temper extend to others without also making it weaker, which would hurt my melee horribly.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Even at 10% I'd take it though it's completely unjustified. Especially with cor rotations

I think we have a different defintions of hold it's own. Yours seems to be basically outdoing really bad players. But most people are comparing to similarly geared/played characters which is why they don't bring it to higher stuff. Sure could you do 1k dps with super buffs? Yeah maybe but the blu is doing 1.5k so that's why it gets brought instead. It needs something that really sets it apart from other jobs (and is useful lol) which right now it doesn't really have
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-15-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Player
    But BLU doesn't, that I have seen. I don't know, I am going by the DPS sheets, that is all, besides personal experience. And I agree, 10% would be stupid, but again, its SE.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That was probably a slight exageration but you plug both optimal DD sets for both jobs into spreadsheets with same external buffs/debuffs on same mob and blu will should out ahead. Of course it doesn't account for spell casting time to keep self buffs up
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Would be boss if Enspell III actually turned your physical hits into magic damage completely. So your 130DMG sword would be considered a 130 base DMG Fire Spell with every swing so it could overcome PDT/Invincible etc.
    Agreed, RDM would have a great use if their melee prowess was in magical damage.
    (0)

Character
    Pertalee
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't understand where you guys are getting your information. RDM has been debuffing mobs in Delve since it came out. That is its purpose, it is used like that as well as to support the mage party. 90% of successful Delve Boss runs bring a RDM for get this "DEBUFFING". So to say that it isn't used for debuffs is COMPLETELY WRONG.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The problem is with this new amounts of macc almost anyone can debuff. In fact sch right now would have more macc then rdm... while still being able to do plenty of other stuff rdm can't
    (1)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Ok let's get one thing straight red mage and debuffing are still relevant you are just an idiot or the people you play with are. Square enix even fixed the enfeebling system which was very much needed.

I honestly can't get over the ignorance of this thread purely because if you arent enfeebling specially in newer content your doing it wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jamesy; 08-17-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Character
    Schrute
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The problem is with this new amounts of macc almost anyone can debuff. In fact sch right now would have more macc then rdm... while still being able to do plenty of other stuff rdm can't
    rdm main >> made all the ToM mag acc staves then upadate to items came out and now a well geared sch can land all debuffs like rdm. The one thing rdm had going for it before the update came out was if u took the time to get the right gear for enfeebs u could debuff anything in delve.

I like the idea of paralyze paralyzing tp moves, even if it wears off after a tp move it would be a ALMOST reason enough to bring a rdm. For the record I despise rdm melle, just not my cup of tea. But debuffing and completely controlling a mob and casting nukes, love it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast