Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM & Haste 2

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Give Resfreshga 1 and 2, hastega 1 and 2 to rdm and the job is fixed.
    Well Scholar sub allows refreshga. That's really sad that Refresh is a RDM spell and we don't even have the power to cast it on our entire party.

Also a Refresh III would be nice.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    How about En-Enfeeble spells? Such as En-Blind, En-Slow etc. It would make melee RDM happy since its applied on weapon hit, and it would recover some of RDM's usefulness as an enfeebler similiar to a GEO.

Or if people prefer back line they could introduce the Dark elemental nukes such as Dark-Fire and Dark-Lightning? Like they had in crisis core? If i remember correctly they applied random enfeebs on enemies when used.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    How about En-Enfeeble spells? Such as En-Blind, En-Slow etc. It would make melee RDM happy since its applied on weapon hit
    This would do nothing. Why would I waste potential damage on an En-Spell for an Enfeeble I can already cast, which would likely be less potent, when I can throw on a ton of MND gear or INT gear and use the same Enfeeble but with more potency? I like the idea of coming up with ideas, but the problem is its hard to come up with good ones which would be of use, sadly, this is one of the ideas which fall into the category of those which would be better left undone.

So far as En-Spells go they really just need to make them scale to higher damage at faster rate, that's it, it would make RDM more powerful on the front lines if the En-Spell damage on En-Is was simply Enhancing Magic/5=En-Spell DMG. En-IIs simply need the same type of thing, but with it having the additional effect it has, and maybe a little more damage.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Well Scholar sub allows refreshga. That's really sad that Refresh is a RDM spell and we don't even have the power to cast it on our entire party.

Also a Refresh III would be nice.
    SCH has to blow a strategem in order to use it..

and expend triple the mana cost to cast it alongside double cast time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Umichi; 08-07-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    How about En-Enfeeble spells? Such as En-Blind, En-Slow etc. It would make melee RDM happy since its applied on weapon hit, and it would recover some of RDM's usefulness as an enfeebler similiar to a GEO.

Or if people prefer back line they could introduce the Dark elemental nukes such as Dark-Fire and Dark-Lightning? Like they had in crisis core? If i remember correctly they applied random enfeebs on enemies when used.
    Enspell III would be better (Could be a mergence of tier I and II - Scales + All Hits), but we all know nothing is likely to happen with RDM.

En-Enfeeble would be mostly useless.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Really if they just made all the self only spells party only it would go a long way. Even if you had to use a short delay ja like brds do to do it. I mean really wtf is the point of being able to boost your chr and only yours.... or agi or str or dex as a rdm? But whm automatically gets to AOE it wtf? Same goes for temper which would be awesome on DDs. Enspell/barspell wouldn't be horrible either.

Also making more enhancing spells somewhat based on skill would be nice. Ie rdm would be a better haster then a cor/whm <.<.

And make our enfeebles more potent for craps sake. Seriously why is my fully merited fully geared saboteur slow II still weaker than a lvl 75 naked brds elegy they don't even have to merit. Yes I know they stack but still... and ungimp saboteur. It needs to work with dia and this half potency on nms is BS
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Really if they just made all the self only spells party only it would go a long way. Even if you had to use a short delay ja like brds do to do it. I mean really wtf is the point of being able to boost your chr and only yours.... or agi or str or dex as a rdm? But whm automatically gets to AOE it wtf? Same goes for temper which would be awesome on DDs. Enspell/barspell wouldn't be horrible either.
    People do melee with RDM, it is a part of the job like it or not, one which is under utilized and mostly ignored, Temper helped fix it a little, but as a spell to cast on others would be 'overpowered' and surely if it were made possible to cast on others, would be nerfed accordingly. By that same token, there are a ton of worthless spells we are given of no use, but, we get single targets while WHM gets AoEs, its how its always been.

Also making more enhancing spells somewhat based on skill would be nice. Ie rdm would be a better haster then a cor/whm <.<.
    That I can easily agree with, not only that, but if they wanted they could just add a Haste II to RDM as is the idea of this post and Haste would become a special spell for RDM of actual use. Not that it would matter, WHM would get it too, which would make our special power to use Haste II just another thing another job has.

And make our enfeebles more potent for craps sake. Seriously why is my fully merited fully geared saboteur slow II still weaker than a lvl 75 naked brds elegy they don't even have to merit. Yes I know they stack but still... and ungimp saboteur. It needs to work with dia and this half potency on nms is BS
    Enfeebling in general still needs some work, I mean honestly if Paralyze worked on NMs TP moves, who wouldn't use a RDM in their Alliance? We are forced to rely on stuns far to often like with Tojil & such, to allow Enfeebling to do more would only make RDM better really.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I agree people do melee however the reason it is often ignore is because outside of something like lvl 75 content you are either contributing less than if you weren't meleeing or you didn't really need rdm and could've just brought something else to DD better. That said I don't see temper being overpowered if you could cast it on others. Fully capped out it gives the same DA as fighters can and without having to cast it once per person lol
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I agree people do melee however the reason it is often ignore is because outside of something like lvl 75 content you are either contributing less than if you weren't meleeing or you didn't really need rdm and could've just brought something else to DD better. That said I don't see temper being overpowered if you could cast it on others. Fully capped out it gives the same DA as fighters can and without having to cast it once per person lol
    1. This is SE were talking about.

2. COR needs 'luck' to get that.

3. RDM can become a competitive DD if you put in the work to make it work. The only things RDM DDing does not work on right now are Delve Bosses, T4~5 NMs, and Yumcax/Hurkan. Anything else in Adoulin you can melee as a RDM & do fine, in Delve Plasm farms a RDM can get a DPS of around 1k with normal buffs(your own buffs as well as Chaos/Fighters & March x2) which is not all to far behind normal DDs, meaning, it can be viable, as I said though, most people ignore it. You even proved my point a little with what you said...
    you are either contributing less than if you weren't meleeing or you didn't really need rdm and could've just brought something else to DD better
    which is normally true, but last night my RDM did more DMG than both the DRK & MNK in my party in the deep tunnels of a Morimar Plasm Farm, so to say they could have brought something to DD better, I don't know, really, I think I did quite well. That is not to say all RDMs do, but, at the same time, it can do it, and Temper is one of our best things, I only wish Temper to stay as it is because I believe that SE would nerf it if they let us use it on others, which as a RDM who actually very much values his melee aspect to his job, I refuse to support that.
    (0)

Player
    Would be boss if Enspell III actually turned your physical hits into magic damage completely. So your 130DMG sword would be considered a 130 base DMG Fire Spell with every swing so it could overcome PDT/Invincible etc.
    (3)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast