Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    As a player who has played since 2004. Allow me to say the following things about this game.

You go through the game, you make friends, and you achieve pieces of equipment that end up being those trophy items you will cherish. You know they have become useless, but if you ever wanted to put those old dusty pieces on you just for old time sake, you can take them out of your slip and show your friends how cool you used to look.

Guaranteed though, these pieces of equipment may have taken a little bit of effort, but nothing like the effort you put into getting a R/M/E.

I remember being part of Dynamis Linkshells where full alliances of players across the world would unite to slay the evil beastmen and nightmare mobs in order to achieve their relic equipment, and even Relic weapons. I know a number of players who achieved Relic weapons by sponsoring runs and having their fellow adventurers give them the Dynamis Currency that they all earned as a team.

Now if you multiply the amount of linkshells that did that, across all servers, you can see already the amount of pure effort that some players put into making their Relics.

And then we get onto Mythics! Oh my lord! These beasty weapons are the demonspawn of Vana'Diel, only given to those absolute Aht Urhgan fanatics who just love to spam Salvage everyday. Then there's all the other extremely tedious tasks you have to do, that result in you achieving a weapon that make all other players look at you and think ... You are a God!

Oh, and then we get to those Empyreans. Just think of how many players died to that damn Glavoid hmm? What about those players who spanked Ig-Alima so many times that he should have a red bottom by now?

Empyreans are somewhat .. easy, if you dual box or can manage to trick some friends into wasting their time to get you a weapon you might use on the odd occasion. (Yes, I forced my father into helping me make a Redemption while he made Ukon.)

Even so, I remember getting my first ever Ultimate Weapon. It was a Redemption, shaped like a Colibri beak, but the effort I put into it, gave me such a lovely weapon skill that many other DRKs don't have. I felt a little ashamed of its damage, but I still love it all the same. Even after I made a Fulgurante (OAT GS), I still loved my little Empyrean weapon... because I earned it!

And then you know, after spending eight years on this game, I finally decided to build a Relic. I couldn't tell you how many times people would ask me if I had made a Relic yet, and I just never had the time to get round to it. I was determined this time, and with Dynamis the way it is in the modern era, I set out on the task to make as much gil as I could.

It took me a few months, on and off, but I scrimped and scraped like a snake. I found anyway possible to make gil in the short term so I could fund my relic. Then I even forced my dad and other LS members to come and get me the attestation and fragment. And then I did it! The day was here, I finally achieved my first ever Relic Weapon, the Ragnarok.

I loved it right away, I made it a mission to upgrade it, and before I knew it, it was at level 95! I was so happy, I felt like I had finally reached the top!

Then it happened ...

The following day, I came across the breaking news. I came across the rage. I came across the mountains of burning rubble that FFXI players had created in the horror of this breaking news. Delve Weapons were being introduced!

So.. that dream I followed, ever since I first stepped into a Dynamis zone, all the deaths, all the hours, all the jealousy over other dedicated players who sported relics. It was for nothing? It was just to make me feel special for a day?? So I could just take my freshly made Ragnarok and play with it a tiny bit? Til I get Bereaver?

Well that is what happened. Now I feel super special.. because that Ragnarok helped me to reach level 15 Bereaver in barely any time at all. You got to admit though ... the weapon looks very boring All of them do really, they look like something you would get at level 30 from the shop for 10k.

I guess I shall continue swinging this Bereaver, just hoping that the day will come. Maybe one day I will no longer hear cries from my freshly made Relic Weapon. It cries out to me every time I use my Bereaver. It doesn't want to gather dust, and I don't want it to gather dust ... but it's just sooo ... useless.

I am all for waiting. I can have patience. I just hope SE does the right thing in the end, after Seekers of Adoulins endgame has come to a stop ... they can finally get to rewarding those players who earned the respect by creating an R/M/E. Do not let all that hard work go down the drain. The players will respect that you respected their accomplished dreams in the end.
    (12)
    Last edited by Kylos; 07-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My issue is delve weapons are nice. But they have no specific weapon skill. Why unlock a weapon skill and not being able to use always. With that weapon or any other. This is what I hated about WoTG campaign weapon skills. I feel you worked hard for it but you couldn't use it in all type campaign events or everywhere.

I do feel 99 REM's should unlock that weapon skill. And in most cases that weapon skill should be best for that weapon. But usable by the player with any weapon. The 99's can have a 40% bonus weapon skill on them like relics. WOE, fine they unlock the weapon skill as well, but its not upgraded 40% Similar to a 75 relic.

They can't just forget these and keep all the worked weapon skills locked. And by no means should a bought weapon with plasm be able to out do a 99 REM weapon skill itself. "Plasm "myrkr" staff vs Empy 99. same for whm club.

Lastly I don't how their is any verity of use. Take a look at Upheavel weapon skill. Drk could get it but not use any great axe from 87+. SE has done this with many jobs. Or like the new club, Geo cant use it with hexa strike.

What's the point of saying your job can use many weapons but SE only adding one job per weapon. War is an example of this. They can use most weapons but SE only gives them GA/Axe

More variety please.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kimjongil; 07-04-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    to sum up, we all think se should keep r/e/m on top, unlock weapon skills with WOE weapons, and we all hate anyone that doesn't agree. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!!!!!!
    (5)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by pretre View Post
    to sum up, we all think se should keep r/e/m on top, unlock weapon skills with WOE weapons, and we all hate anyone that doesn't agree. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!!!!!!
    We don't ALL think R/M/E should be on top... they shouldn't be gold-plated trash like they are now either, but newer weapons should be able to surpass them if they are sufficiently difficult to obtain.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Rem should be the top of the chain right now, the 30k plasm delve weapons are a joke to make and you can farm one in a day, most good ls are now downing Tojil etc and are even selling the wins which you can get the new weapons from.

So how are these harder to get than a empyrean 99 again ?
    (8)

Character
    Petezag
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

R/E/M

If you read that statement about R/E/M weapons not being the best, it was more of a statement to explain their decision to boost levels by gear, not increase the level cap. They have changed their decision because R/E/M was never gonna be updated at first, until massive number of players quit. So just maybe ppl are getting uptight over nothing and it probably wasn't the best translation possable
    (0)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    We don't ALL think R/M/E should be on top... they shouldn't be gold-plated trash like they are now either, but newer weapons should be able to surpass them if they are sufficiently difficult to obtain.
    I agree that new weapons should be equal to rem if there as time consuming as a rem to obtain, no one would have an issue with them introducing a 4th super weapon. and I really hope pete is right, an I will apologise to dev team for all my threads an posts if he is
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Producer Akihiko Matsui
    Below is an example of the things we have been discussing:
    Addition of battle content that can be undertaken by low-man parties or solo (+NPC)
    The idea is something like an Adoulin version of Meeble Burrows.
    Expansion of synthesis and other non-battle content
    Continued adjustments to reives
    Addition of solo-content that focuses on exploration instead of battle
    Adjustments so that players’ efforts are more naturally tied to colonization
    Revamps and enhancements to equipment
    RMEC weapons, job specific equipment, etc.
    They're still deciding if they're important enough updates.
    (1)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    personally I still think there holding off hoping we all jst get into delve weapons enough that we don't really care about rem weapons.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by pretre View Post
    personally I still think there holding off hoping we all jst get into delve weapons enough that we don't really care about rem weapons.
    Dang... I was thinking that too... Word for word...
    (1)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast