Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    A brain damaged chimp slamming its face into a keyboard would result in a system better than abyssea VW NMs. But FFXI is still a great game, yeah?
    COP/ZM missions were challenging, and often times fun, coupled with a great story. ToAU was a fun expansion as well.

    I formed a 6 man static for Nyzul Isle before level cap was increased. We had no idea what we were doing or what to expect, but we steadily made the climb to floor 100 with limited failures.

    You'll notice all my crafts are in the 70s and my alchemy on the mule I use for forums is over 80.

    Obviously I've enjoyed myself with these aspects of the game. Quoting me regarding my discontent with the unbalanced trials due to overcrowding does nothing to further your point. Also, I stand by that post, even though I've since completed the trial, and have my Ochain.



    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Forum reps are a tool. They mindlessly defend the devs who hide behind the forum reps for all the bad decisions they make.
    Won't argue with you on that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    They tried "hard", but SoA is a failure. (they tried hard to make us all quit the game and move to 14).
    I don't think SoA was to make us quit and move to 14, but I think that will be the result of their lack of support.



    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    14 is the future, 11 was dead before it was born!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Don't play 11, play 14! It has shinies!
    It has team based gameplay, an innovative crafting system, and interesting additional content such as Fates and Leves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Seriously, you have yet to extol... anything about FFXI. You have only negative things to say. You even used this opportunity to say you've cancelled your accounts. "But don't worry, y'all, FFXI is still a great game even though I've had nothing but negative things to say about it and I've cancelled all my accounts."

    Edit: I will admit though, revealing your account information was a class act. Well played, sir.
    The fact I have played XI for so long speaks for itself. I've played it this long because I had hopes for the game, and the content was fun. Even grabbing a group of friends and going to do Campaign Battles.

    I feel at this stage of the game, it has just lost too much spark for me to enjoy playing it further. That does not speak for others.
    (3)

  2. #32
    Player Damane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    715
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    You're the one who is delusional if you don't think the quality of service and updates on FFXI has not gone down in the recent months.

    thats the biggest bullshit I have read. The quality of the updates has gone significantly up the last few months. I dont have to remind people about version updates at lvl 75 cap (few months pre lvl cap raise) and during VW legion... now that was not so quality updates, but the last few months had very great updates.
    (3)

  3. #33
    Player Alerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282
    Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    thats the biggest bullshit I have read. The quality of the updates has gone significantly up the last few months. I dont have to remind people about version updates at lvl 75 cap (few months pre lvl cap raise) and during VW legion... now that was not so quality updates, but the last few months had very great updates.
    This is a joke, right?

    I'd love to hear some examples and comparisons. Not to mention the multitude of things that were said to be coming yet have not been released years later.
    (6)

  4. #34
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    thats the biggest bullshit I have read. The quality of the updates has gone significantly up the last few months. I dont have to remind people about version updates at lvl 75 cap (few months pre lvl cap raise) and during VW legion... now that was not so quality updates, but the last few months had very great updates.
    Quality has gone down, how many updates before caused such a large amount of lost subs, such an outrage of players, or changed the direction of the game so radically as to flip the entire design on its head? Sure, they amount of things they pack into an update has gone up, the quantity has gone up, the quality is not nearly as high as it should be though, it is sorely lacking!
    (6)

  5. #35
    Player Quixote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lakshmi
    Posts
    14
    Character
    Quixote
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is all good FFXI future has severely bad luck coming from FFXIV.
    (0)

  6. #36
    Player Splinters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok, Sandy Rank 10
    Posts
    17
    Character
    Splinters
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I never thought I would jump to 14 as long as I still had unfinished goals in 11. That's all changed for me when 11's focus changed. I don't mean SE, I mean the player base. With all the content in game everything now boils down to one thing, plasm. Before SoA I had to scroll through 4 pages of people in my linkshell to see who all was on. Some days I log in and find I'm alone in there.

    Now I will go to 14 because I want to level jobs again and do quests with friends, old and new. I want that feeling of exploring a new world. I miss the fear I felt exploring Caedarva Mire for the first time or the wonder of finally getting to Sea, or seeing the flying dragon near the waterfall in Misareaux Coast. Now long time friends are asking me to join them on 14 and I have finally agreed because of something one told me. He said, I can't wait to take you exploring, you will never believe how beautiful this place is. Is this something a new player coming to 11 will ever hear from any of their friends?
    (3)

  7. #37
    Player RyujinSephy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    30
    Character
    Sephina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I was at the launch of FFXIV as well. I'll admit it was refreshing to be able to design our characters and for once not look like 60% of the other female Elvaan on my server like I do now. (Wish I'd have known it was a popular model when I started.) The crafting system was the most refreshing, being able to help control more of what the outcome will be rather than face a direction, gear up, eat a food, and pray for skill ups. From a DD in FFXI who hated crafting, to a main crafter in FFXIV that would rather craft than fight a lot of days I logged in.

    I think we all agree both games have their ups and downs. Their own quirks we like and things we look at and say, "Why did they bother even putting that in the game?" But that's about every game. You're not going to agree with everything being done.

    These games are made by humans and like humans have their flaws and stages of things they go through. Their longevity is uncertain like ours. Some people want to share the game with others and find enjoyment. Others want to find ways around not having to play with other people or relying on them. Living life the way you enjoy but eventually it will end.

    One truth is FFXIV does have more going for it than FFXI in terms of graphics and new concepts. Reasons can be that SE has more technology, more resources, than they probably had when FFXI was being created. Yes, they are using what they have learned over the years from fans about what they wanted from FFXI because they don't want to repeat as many mistakes. There are years of difference between the titles.

    But think of these games like houses. We grow to love our familiar homes and after time spend lots of money to maintain, fix things, and re-do parts we aren't happy with. The new house is all pretty and depending on construction will probably have less design flaws over the long run because people have learned more. It doesn't mean we don't love our old homes and won't stay with them as long as we can. Some of us might choose to live in the old home (FFXI) and vacation in a new home (FFXIV) or the other way around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splinters View Post
    He said, I can't wait to take you exploring, you will never believe how beautiful this place is. Is this something a new player coming to 11 will ever hear from any of their friends?
    When I started FFXIV with some friends from FFXI I felt the same way. Walking through the areas thinking, "I wonder what is true sight/sound..." with no wiki for reference because it was day 1. It was exciting.

    Also, your statement rings true. I find people inviting friends and family to FFXI only to say, "Okay now get to 10-12 and go to Gusgen Mines, get to 30+. Now I'll FC you to 70 (or get someone else to) getting your LBs done along the way. Than go skill up and kill Maat. Than back to FC or Dom Ops, and LBs, skill up some more, than at 99 we can get together cause that's where the real game starts."

    To be honest when I started playing pre-Abyssea I got the same thing, "Now take a few months and get to 75, than you can do things with us."
    (0)

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Splinters View Post
    I miss the fear I felt exploring Caedarva Mire for the first time or the wonder of finally getting to Sea, or seeing the flying dragon near the waterfall in Misareaux Coast. He said, I can't wait to take you exploring, you will never believe how beautiful this place is. Is this something a new player coming to 11 will ever hear from any of their friends?
    When I first started this game, I was a hume RDM from bastok. The only other MMOs I had played were MU Online
    and Runescape. I stood stunned at this amazing, bustling city before me.

    I ventured out and was enthralled by the music of Gustaberg as I rapidly defeated saplings. The excitement of gathering my first stack of seeds to sell on the Auction House for 10k. Suddenly I was rich! Able to purchase all this amazing equipment the various NPCs had to offer.

    I ended up soloing RDM to 18 before I even figured out how to turn on my party flag...

    Fast forward to the present...

    Sound volume turned down to a bare minimum. Music volume turned off.

    I got to Adoulin to explore the new areas. Long story short... /ma "Warp" <me>

    I do not speak for anyone but myself when I say, I feel it's time to move on.

    Maybe some time in the future, IF XIV loses it's allure, and XI gets the critical updates required to return it to its once enchanting experience, I'll come back if it's still around.

    But until then, my subscription lapses on the 4th of July, and I'm not even all that bothered by it.
    (4)

  9. #39
    Player Trisscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dynamis - Al'Taieu [S]
    Posts
    539
    Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    You're the one who is delusional if you don't think the quality of service and updates on FFXI has not gone down in the recent months.
    That's ignoring the fact that the quality of services and updates have been less than stellar over the course of FFxi's lifetime.

    Square has spent the past ten plus years completely ignoring the player base and it shows.
    (3)

  10. #40
    Player svengalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    872
    Character
    Jakarai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    On a serious note though...

    I'm curious about the Future of FFXI. With the current state, the game is still under the limitations of PS2. What will happen when the PS4 is released and PS2 becomes discontinued? Will the game move over to PC only? I don't own an Xbox 360 as I've never had faith in Microsoft because of the history with Windows.

    Many are saying or assuming that FFXI will eventually come to an end. This is bothersome because I know many of us have dedicated endless amounts of our precious time doing quests, missions, things like REM.

    I guess what I really want to know is it worth it to keep paying subscription to a game that's coming to an end? With FFXIV around the corner I'm sure a huge portion of FFXI crowd is going to move over. Which is why I'm questioning about the future of 11.

    With no signs of the 11 roadmap, how long will this game last if the PS2 becomes discontinued?

    I am aware of some of the upcoming updates such as Elemental Magic adjustments, REM updates, AF for Geomancer and Rune however it's hard to have faith relying on word because many of the promises of future updates have yet to be made.
    Even so these updates are only current and does not give us any answers to what the future lies past PS2 era.
    If SE had any intention of shutting this game down soon, they wouldn't have released a new expansion.
    (1)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast