Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60

Fairness (Warning: rant ahead)

So I've been playing since '08, but I have NEVER seen such a thing as these leaders for "Even Linkshells" who are unreasonable, impolite, egotistical ***holes. My anger stems from how poorly I've seen good, honest people get talked like trash by a person with a big flashy shell and they were only linkpearls. I can name off quite a few from my trips across Phoenix and Ragnarok, Demon will know a few of them.

My point is: why do people allow these jerks to behave this way? Just on my time on Ragnarok I've dismantled a linkshell by getting the lower members to leave (truly they should have, because the sack holders and the shell were never contributing to helping the lower players catch up, and I've been booted several times before my friend daringly gave me a new pearl to encourage them to leave the linkshell. Needless to say I might be leaving Ragnarok once my world transfer becomes available again (Oh wait I'm just going to XIV^.^)

So we come down to the prime question: Would you rather be in a linkshell that does events time to time and has a friendly atmosphere but not as active as an event shell, OR join one that is more dedicated to events -but- you have to play a job you don't want to play, deal with someone talking down to you for not making it to an event based on real life commitments (I've ran into many people like this)
    (5)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Sadly, there are servers that are more "hardcore" than others. As such, they are filled with players the like you have experienced.

Ragnarok is one of those servers. Asura is another.
    (0)

Character
    Raxe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    theres a MASSIVE difference between being 'hardcore' and being a complete and total ASS
    (3)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've dealt with this situation before. A lot of times, the lower tier members fear leaving because they don't want to be alone in this game that you have to rely on people so much to get things done. Being in a linkshell facilitates getting parties done faster, getting content done faster, and is generally more reliable than shout parties. So, a lot of them take all the shit that's flung their way to assure their own progression.

Back in my heyday (I sound like an old gal here XD), a lot of this kind of downtalk was rampant, but people kept shut because they wanted to play, do endgame events, get gear. For the most part, it was fun as long as you ignored the elitist crap-talkin' guy foaming at the mouth because you didn't WS Tiamat fast enough.

Now that the game dynamic has changed, its hard to justify this kind of talk anymore. The community needs each other now more than ever. The last thing leaders need to be doing is putting their linkshell members down and causing needless drama.
    (4)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I can relate, some shells won't even take you unless you already have awesome gear to begin with or you don't play on PC or whatever. Hello?!? I don't do things because I have good gear, I do them because I don't have good gear!
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    I can relate, some shells won't even take you unless you already have awesome gear to begin with or you don't play on PC or whatever. Hello?!? I don't do things because I have good gear, I do them because I don't have good gear!
    What are you talking about. Don't you know you cannot do delve without delve gear??? I mean come on you are going to show up in af3+2 or nni or salvage 2 gear with a 90-99 empy and whats that......an Epona ring? What are you thinking?

ok sarcasm aside lol I can feel your pain, I have a all the gear I mentioned above and I STILL do not have any adoulin KI because I'm not geared well enough to participate. Even my whm and rdm with top notch pre-SoA gear sets and capped skill is being lol'd out of seekers pts. Even pugs are getting fickle. Really good timing on a shiney new game to play
    (3)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    I have a all the gear I mentioned above and I STILL do not have any adoulin KI because I'm not geared well enough to participate. Even my whm and rdm with top notch pre-SoA gear sets and capped skill is being lol'd out of seekers pts. Even pugs are getting fickle. Really good timing on a shiney new game to play
    That's not acceptable behavior. It be one thing if one showed up in level 1 racial gear, no sub-job unlocked, and a runic gear but come on! I just returned from a three month absence I didn't even want to take to do a new event, wearing gear that's considered acceptable by most standards, in a new expansion, neither of which of been out for that long. I think it would be more unusual to have the gear than not have it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    What are you talking about. Don't you know you cannot do delve without delve gear??? I mean come on you are going to show up in af3+2 or nni or salvage 2 gear with a 90-99 empy and whats that......an Epona ring? What are you thinking?

ok sarcasm aside lol I can feel your pain, I have a all the gear I mentioned above and I STILL do not have any adoulin KI because I'm not geared well enough to participate. Even my whm and rdm with top notch pre-SoA gear sets and capped skill is being lol'd out of seekers pts. Even pugs are getting fickle. Really good timing on a shiney new game to play

In my opinion, networking is the key. Getting to know people during exp parties etc. asking friends if you can join their delve party works. On our server though I've joined a delve Linkshell and what we usually do is get LS friends invited first. After that left over room is for anyone, but most of the time one of the LS mates will suggest a friend. There's absolutely no reason you can't join a Ki party if you have REM.

Our LS Leaders are so nice, they even announce in party before we start and after the run that anyone wanting to join our LS is free to do so.

Check out my guide "Invitation to Plasm Farming"
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-28-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctrine View Post
    theres a MASSIVE difference between being 'hardcore' and being a complete and total ASS
    Your name.. It seems familiar, I think I remember you from Quetzal's LS(Can't remember LS name)!
    (0)
    Last edited by BST; 06-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.

"(Oh wait I'm just going to XIV^.^)"

Then why do you care, sounds like bad player.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast