Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Its not my "precious FFXIV" I care about right now, its FFXI. At the same time I have said a few times in the last week that I think this game will die. The first FFXIV failed badly because of poor leadership which ignored the players, the game itself was a massive failure, now they are on the right track, game looks great, and if it is great and does not fail then what will happen to FFXI? Many people are quitting right now because of things like RMEs being so outdone, Delve being the primary content almost no one does much else it seems, and the fact that future updates do not seem to be fixing some of the largest problems.

For years we have been preached to about balance, yet where is that now? All balance was thrown out, everything, 10 years worth of content was completely obliterated in terms of difficulty thanks to a single expansion, no a single event! In all honesty, with the amount of people jumping ship for their new game, the amount of people jumping ship period, and the amount of things we have been promised without any sign of getting it, I think this game is going to crumble soon. If you disagree, so be it, its not like were idiots with unfounded reasons, just throwing things out there, were not like people who based ideas off a calendar made by people hundreds of years ago, we are going by simple facts, and what we see around us.

If you want to think FFXI will stay around and stay strong, so be it, but I am sure myself and those like me who base our thoughts on fact understand why it might not. The best argument for why it wont die it seems is, it didn't die the other 10 times people said it, well yes, I agree, it did not die then, but just because it didn't last time, does not mean it wont this time. Signs right now point to this game going badly, the list of things coming in the next 2 months look nice, but whats missing? New 2-hours, Avatars, Magic Adjustments, RME updates, the new UI, and a ton of smaller things which have been long since talked about but never really messed with. This list is 2 months of what we are getting, it looks nice, but all of those people who thought the RME updates were around the corner, all of the people who thought magic might matter more, or hoped to pop out their new SP abilities, the SMNs who thought after the last 2~3 years they would finally have Cait Sith, all of those people just got royally disappointed, and are now closer to quitting I am sure.

Maybe its more that you need to learn what is going on in your precious FFXI, and figure out if its worth staying, or why all of these people are talking about the game dying, rather than just telling us were a bunch of idiots. FFXIV failed once, they are doing well to make sure it does not happen again, FFXI on the other hand is not going so well. Perhaps the reason FFXI did not die 2 years ago is because this game was not in as bad of shape, and FFXIV flopped, what do you think happens if FFXIV does not fail again?
    If you guys keep talking about it then that's exactly what will happen. Just enjoy the game for what it is right now and don't worry about it not being around. If anything before this game "would die" they would probably just make it F2P.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Quality has gone down, how many updates before caused such a large amount of lost subs, such an outrage of players, or changed the direction of the game so radically as to flip the entire design on its head? Sure, they amount of things they pack into an update has gone up, the quantity has gone up, the quality is not nearly as high as it should be though, it is sorely lacking!
    I disagree with this, the updates have gotten better, it's why I resubscribed in May. They are adding new areas, armor, fixes and events for us to do? What exactly do guys expect from an update? We are getting alot more content then we did last year. Now, if you don't have the expansion or choose to not partake in events in the expansion I can see where your complaints are coming from.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    I disagree with this, the updates have gotten better, it's why I resubscribed in May. They are adding new areas, armor, fixes and events for us to do? What exactly do guys expect from an update? We are getting alot more content then we did last year. Now, if you don't have the expansion or choose to not partake in events in the expansion I can see where your complaints are coming from.
    Quantity of content does not equal quality of content. Yes, they've added new areas, which aren't too bad. They've added new gear, which is a huge issue right now due to the strength of said gear. They've also released new events, which they've either swiftly invalidated or have completely erased the desire to do any content previous.

And what fixes have they released? SMN is still at the bottom of the pool, only Aegischain PLDs are feasible, the merit options for RUN and GEO are both laughable at best and we're still waiting for Avatars that were mentioned years ago in addition to new 1hr abilities completely falling off the map.

Yes, they've released a lot in recent updates. A lot of crap.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    They are adding new areas, armor, fixes and events for us to do?
    This is quantity, not quality, most of the areas are nice, armor is ok, fixes where, and events of which for the most part completely eclipsed most of the other events in the game from over the last decade. Now that last part to me is a deal breaker with calling it a good thing, or high quality, areas are fine, fixes for anything involving me at least seem non-existent, I main RDM, I need some. Armor is mostly just slight side-grades as per usual taking up more space in my inventory, and outdating things which were much harder to get.

What exactly do guys expect from an update?
    Cait Sigh, UI, Inventory, a Full Expansion rather than 1/4th of what I paid for, RDM fixes, SMN fixes, new SPs, and basically anything else I can not think of right now that was announced, talked about, and not introduced as of yet.

We are getting alot more content then we did last year.
    Because while they did the 1/4th of the expansion were playing now they were starving us of new content, so yeah, of course we are getting more now.

Now, if you don't have the expansion or choose to not partake in events in the expansion I can see where your complaints are coming from.
    I do, I am, I wish I weren't, because this expansion has brought so many problems with it that they are ignoring. It feels like they are just pushing everything forward, taking no time to fix things, they don't have the man power to do both at the same time from how it looks sitting where I am, if I'm wrong, please let me know. To me, it seems like they are trying to do everything they had plans to do, except the plans they talked about once and never again or past promises, and then maybe, possibly, in the far future, come back and fix the problems they created along the way.
    (2)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5