Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceWalker View Post
    This is what they wanted all along, right? To get people out of XI and into XIV.
    Too bad they're so out of touch that they don't realize that XI players don't want XIV.
    Good job, SE.
    I don't recall you being made the official spokesperson for all XI players. But to each their own opinion.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    I don't recall you being made the official spokesperson for all XI players. But to each their own opinion.
    Agreed, I am very interested in FFXIV, as are many others.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    They are probably not supposed to be common, but you were around for Abyssea, Dynamis revamp, and Salvage revamp right? SE has introduced content that centered around building these weapons. And now a lot of people have them. You can argue about whether PT standards all you want, but the fact remains that enough people have RMED weapons that you can fill your Plasm farming DD spots with a single shout. I have not argued that it's right, but that's how it is right now.

Also, you don't have to play for years. You need an NM kill and 30k plasm and you're caught up, weapon-wise. You may not get in as a DD while you're first farming plasm, but that's because there are so many other players who are better geared than you. If you have a problem leveling and playing a support job in order to gear your DD job then this may not be the game for you.
    This mindset is the reason most of my friends quit.

First off, the content should have never been designed specificially for these weapons alone. We've been over this. Working on it should have been an a-side thing, not the major core game aspect. It's a goal over time, not a mandatory factor.

Secondly, enough people have them? Good for them. What about the people that don't? You haven't solved this problem, yet you are still defending the "I got mine so deal with it." mindset.

Third. Leveling a job you never had an intention to play, just to play the game? Sodd right off with that right now. Seriously. Leveling other jobs has always been optional as well, not mandatory. Now I have to level a WHM to get my great axe weapon for my warrior? What sense does this make? I already went over this point in my first post.

Fourth. This game was the game for me, but I see that it's not anymore because of people backing up ludicrous ideas. I hated HNMs back in the day, but guess what? I still respected the people that did them, and wanted to eventually get that gear. But there was alternates to catch up with. Now? It's just a straight line in tiers. I get my delve weapon by leveling a support class, now what? My other gear in this case would still be all gimpy because I couldn't get into invites for other events because I didn't have a RMED at the time. Time to back-track.

It's fine though, the dwindling numbers are speaking for themselves.
    (9)

It was the same for HNM days... There was always a need to level support if your DD was shit, or else you were carried by a good group. You make me laugh, go quit for XIV and have to do the same shit there when your gear sucks because your mentality in these games is me me me.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It was the same for HNM days... There was always a need to level support if your DD was shit, or else you were carried by a good group. You make me laugh, go quit for XIV and have to do the same shit there when your gear sucks because your mentality in these games is me me me.
    So glad you read the post properly and completely missed what I said. Good job.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The point is, if RMED weapons become common enough, they are the new status quo. If they are so common that Delve PT leaders can afford to be picky about who they invite, then your beef about them being "unique tools" that "provide extra punch" is no longer valid.
    It's fine if they become the status quo. As long as the AH / easily obtainable options aren't light years behind them like they are now.

They have grossly misunderstood the mentality of the player base. People were already excluding "Gimps" back when they killed things 10% slower than pimped out players. Now they just flat out can't kill it.
    (7)

Sorry, I don't know any MMO where everyone can go meathead DD to an event and win the hardest content. You always need a healer and things like that. Someone has to play that role, and the majority dislike doing it. So yes, you have to play things you dislike sometimes to get what you want.
    (0)

Sorry, I don't know any MMO where everyone can go meathead DD to an event and win the hardest content. You always need a healer and things like that. Someone has to play that role, and the majority dislike doing it. So yes, you have to play things you dislike sometimes to get what you want.
    Name a few. Most MMOs these days have classes that can spec into 2 of the 3 in the holy trifecta. You always need a healer. Okay, so what? Other people that have it leveled, and properly geared will always be the better pick than your undergeared healing "I had to level this because" job. Why wouldn't I want to play the job I invested the most time into?

By the way, I find FF14 to be meh so far. I'd rather not bother unless I was coaxed into it or someone bought/paid for it for me.
    (2)

So your excuse is that other people should always be forced onto a job so you can go meathead DD which sucks compared to most? COR or GEO aren't hard to gear or use, it isn't asking much for someone to play those jobs to gear up their DD so it can be actually useful and not carried. If you invested "so much time" then it should be good enough to compete as a DD in current content.
    (1)

So your excuse is that other people should always be forced onto a job so you can go meathead DD which sucks compared to most? COR or GEO aren't hard to gear or use, it isn't asking much for someone to play those jobs to gear up their DD so it can be actually useful and not carried. If you invested "so much time" then it should be good enough to compete as a DD in current content.
    Funny how you think I'm referring to just myself in this situation, when I'm trying to base this on the whole of the game. Get your head out of your ass.

Regardless, why should players have to level these jobs, when they already started and worked on others they wanted too? What about the players that have leveled stuff like Paladin? Where do they fit into all this if they don't have shit like Ochain or Aegis?
    (4)

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast