Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 316
  1. #111
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    My major beef with the game is that everything is such a chore that once you've jumped through the hoop you are loathe to do it again for others. This is the cause of why no one tries to make runs regularly to help newer players, that and with the flux of players unwilling to learn, etc. w/e excuse to undermine players with less time and devotion on their hands, and thus you have a large majority of players who are in limbo. Sure they could climb SE's gear ladder, but the satisfaction for getting gear that takes lots of time to obtain tend to demoralize those who aren't fervent about the game when its easily dismissed and ridiculed when trying to reach the next tier of content.
    I'm curious... pretend for a second you're completely abyssea-level on your gear. Full AF3+2, no empy weapon, but some level 99 magian weapons at your disposal. Would you rather:

    1. have a group of 17 people who already have full delve boss gear roflstomp everything in delve for you so you get full delve gear as well, but are incapable of providing any help at all until you attain said gear.

    2. find a group of people in the same boat as you and work together to more slowly upgrade gear (first skirmish, then start some delve runs and NM kills with a few pickup members to fill the gaps).


    If you prefer number 1, perhaps I should consider convincing my friends to go back and help other players once we finally start managing boss kills reliably.
    (0)

  2. #112
    Player Alerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282
    Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I'm curious... pretend for a second you're completely abyssea-level on your gear. Full AF3+2, no empy weapon, but some level 99 magian weapons at your disposal. Would you rather:

    1. have a group of 17 people who already have full delve boss gear roflstomp everything in delve for you so you get full delve gear as well, but are incapable of providing any help at all until you attain said gear.

    2. find a group of people in the same boat as you and work together to more slowly upgrade gear (first skirmish, then start some delve runs and NM kills with a few pickup members to fill the gaps).


    If you prefer number 1, perhaps I should consider convincing my friends to go back and help other players once we finally start managing boss kills reliably.
    The answer is certainly up to the individual, but I would be willing to bet my last Gil that a majority of people, if not under scrutinizing eyes who would judge them instantly, would pick option number one.
    (4)

  3. #113
    Player Rekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I'm curious... pretend for a second you're completely abyssea-level on your gear. Full AF3+2, no empy weapon, but some level 99 magian weapons at your disposal. Would you rather:

    1. have a group of 17 people who already have full delve boss gear roflstomp everything in delve for you so you get full delve gear as well, but are incapable of providing any help at all until you attain said gear.

    2. find a group of people in the same boat as you and work together to more slowly upgrade gear (first skirmish, then start some delve runs and NM kills with a few pickup members to fill the gaps).


    If you prefer number 1, perhaps I should consider convincing my friends to go back and help other players once we finally start managing boss kills reliably.
    Is this a real question? I'll answer that with another. If you and your ls have ample time on your hands and have come across a reasonably geared individual with a high level of knowledge of the game and its mechanics yet lack the means to get to your level, would you assist this individual if it meant going through frustrating to boring at best fights? How about if you don't have your ls on hand and its just you and that guy?
    (5)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

  4. #114
    Player Riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Carbuncle - Windurst
    Posts
    143
    Character
    Riggs
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    there is no way se is about to introduce delve type equipment on to the ah, they made this super gear to force people in to buying an expansion that was about 15% complete, if they allowed it on the ah then many people would not have bought it
    (2)

  5. #115
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    It feels like I'm yelling at a brick. Do people really miss the point this much?
    The point is, if RMED weapons become common enough, they are the new status quo. If they are so common that Delve PT leaders can afford to be picky about who they invite, then your beef about them being "unique tools" that "provide extra punch" is no longer valid.
    (0)

  6. #116
    Player Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The point is, if RMED weapons become common enough, they are the new status quo. If they are so common that Delve PT leaders can afford to be picky about who they invite, then your beef about them being "unique tools" that "provide extra punch" is no longer valid.
    So again, it comes back to what I posted the first time. They become a requirement, and are a long tedious grind to get just to play the game normally. Good. Now that player will just stop wasting his time and move on to something else while the community stagnates in it's own circle jerk and SE loses another customer.

    They aren't supposed to be common, there are only so many these days because people have been playing this game non stop for years. Are you telling me that a person without one should play for years just to even have the chance to catch up to today's content, which will be outdated by the time they catch up and they have to do it some more? Do you get it now?
    (6)

  7. #117
    Player Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    there is no way se is about to introduce delve type equipment on to the ah, they made this super gear to force people in to buying an expansion that was about 15% complete, if they allowed it on the ah then many people would not have bought it
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Senbaak_Nagan Example. Only way to get this gear is to get some of the items off the delve nms. This is AHable, but guess what? You won't see these for a long time. Oh, people are bazaaring these for around 50 mil on average. Good luck!

    It was a swindle on SE's part, but hey. It worked.
    (0)
    Last edited by Radd; 06-26-2013 at 07:48 AM.

  8. #118
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    So again, it comes back to what I posted the first time. They become a requirement, and are a long tedious grind to get just to play the game normally. Good. Now that player will just stop wasting his time and move on to something else while the community stagnates in it's own circle jerk and SE loses another customer.

    They aren't supposed to be common, there are only so many these days because people have been playing this game non stop for years. Are you telling me that a person without one should play for years just to even have the chance to catch up to today's content, which will be outdated by the time they catch up and they have to do it some more? Do you get it now?
    They are probably not supposed to be common, but you were around for Abyssea, Dynamis revamp, and Salvage revamp right? SE has introduced content that centered around building these weapons. And now a lot of people have them. You can argue about whether PT standards all you want, but the fact remains that enough people have RMED weapons that you can fill your Plasm farming DD spots with a single shout. I have not argued that it's right, but that's how it is right now.

    Also, you don't have to play for years. You need an NM kill and 30k plasm and you're caught up, weapon-wise. You may not get in as a DD while you're first farming plasm, but that's because there are so many other players who are better geared than you. If you have a problem leveling and playing a support job in order to gear your DD job then this may not be the game for you.
    (1)

  9. #119
    Player Asymptotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    656
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    My entire linkshell is having a blast going after Delve bosses.
    (2)

  10. #120
    Player PeaceWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    39
    Character
    Peacewalker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is what they wanted all along, right? To get people out of XI and into XIV.
    Too bad they're so out of touch that they don't realize that XI players don't want XIV.
    Good job, SE.
    (2)

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast