Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    We've been left with no reasonable options, big linkshells died for a reason. They needed to stay dead. Not be resurrected.

Their are no longer the caliber players capable (at least here) to make big content work. Maybe if you merged EVERY server together, there might one or two worthwhile groups of people that are getting things done, but it completely fails right now.
    They didn't die. A lot of them weathered through, and I see more now than I ever did before. Every day on forums there are posts recruiting for them. I'm honestly glad to see content that can't be blazed through by some melee and his pocket WHM mule. And they are adding new stuff next patch for lowmanning.
    (2)

Player
    Actually, it literally is. Seen the colonization rates lately? Seen the Campaign map lately?
    How long has it been since your server lost the candy in besieged?

I know I'm going to get banned again for saying this, but a few people will see it.

The disconnect isn't between the good and bad players, it's between douchebags and the not good enough to play with douchebags, then there's the good enough but unwilling to play with douchebags.

There's 2 groups and only two that are doing delve on my server, they're populated with really good players and like 3-4 complete scum.

I might be the only one with integrity left, but people used to dislike people, and they didn't talk about it, then grit their teeth and go with them anyway just because.

We've been left with no reasonable options, big linkshells died for a reason. They needed to stay dead. Not be resurrected.

Their are no longer the caliber players capable (at least here) to make big content work. Maybe if you merged EVERY server together, there might one or two worthwhile groups of people that are getting things done, but it completely fails right now.

There are more gimps/noobs/clueless people with Oatixur in 1 month, than there ever was with verethragna over the 3 years it has been available.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...086#post449086
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    They didn't die. A lot of them weathered through, and I see more now than I ever did before. Every day on forums there are posts recruiting for them. I'm honestly glad to see content that can't be blazed through by some melee and his pocket WHM mule. And they are adding new stuff next patch for lowmanning.
    I used to be able to pick from several different shells for dynamis, sky, sea, einherjar, znm, the list goes on in my time zone and go with the ones that had the rules / people that I liked based on just having red mage. No especially good gear. Just a willingness to show up and do my best until I got that gear. How many shells do you suppose are doing delve bosses on cerberus right now at all? I'll take a stab based on the shouts and say maybe 4 or 5 and all they want are R/E bards.

Let's just go crazy and say there are 40 of them though. What are the odds that
    A) they want anything that most people have
    B) they are in the correct time zone
    C) they speak the right language
    D) aren't going to be complete a-holes
    ?

Think about that and then ask yourself how that is good for a dying community.

There is an really well geared player on my server who has been shouting for an invite to tojil for 2 days now. For hours at a time. It's really friggin lame.
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 06-30-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Player
    They didn't die. A lot of them weathered through, and I see more now than I ever did before. Every day on forums there are posts recruiting for them.
    Social linkshell =/= event linkshell, 99% of all event linkshells died, good riddance, social linkshells who cares.

I'm honestly glad to see content that can't be blazed through by some melee and his pocket WHM mule. And they are adding new stuff next patch for lowmanning.
    In case you didn't notice, this content is being BLAZED through faster than abyssea ever was. It's only taken a couple weeks and Tojil is beaten 100 times per day. it took about a year to make most people soloing with pocket whms everywhere.

I literally had not seen this, thank you for pointing it out, I had no interest in reading that thread, and it had gone unnoticed. However, it being a great post, it's a few months too late. It's all irrelevant now that Delve wins are being bought and sold daily. It will inevitably fail even harder to make any dent.
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    They're shy, their stupid, their morally opposed, they just don't have time? I don't know why people work at Walmart or McDonald's instead of being brain surgeons and movie stars. They just do.

It doesn't matter why. You can't change them. You can only change the game. They need to find a middle ground to keep the movers and shakers happy as well as the hapless layabouts and everyone in between. They are far from that right now.
    Because everyone can be a brain surgeon or movie star.... rolls eyes.... isn't it obvious? because everyone is not the same, we all have our reasons for not wanting to do any event or thing. Maybe they don't find it fun? Maybe they can't lead an alliance to do it? Maybe it's because they don't have the right jobs to do delve bosses? Maybe it's because they don't want to be locked into a job they don't enjoy just to get equipment for the job they do enjoy?

It's like I like PUP, but I can't do any of the fun stuff I want on PUP, I am constantly gearing PUP by using other jobs. Why can't I use PUP to gear PUP? There could be any number of reasons.
    (2)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Honestly I've seen so many negative comments from people talking as if they know Delve like the back of their hand yet they are complaining that the can't get invited because they didn't even have AF3 +2 yet? Is it me or am I the only one here that's not on drugs?

Then I see players complaining they waited all day to get invited but didn't have enough people so they are pissed and now rage quitting because they say its SE's Fault that Delve destroyed the game? Am I the only person not on drugs?

I lead parties all the time. I've made groups for Reives, Seal hunts, VW, WoE, Exp parties and yet I've had no problems so I'm not understanding what other people are talking about?

I barely play delve as I've been having so much fun in WoE earning the gil to buy all of my Airelixers+1 to upgrade my gear because Im so bored of spending 2 hours plus waiting to get a Delve group party made (Lack of Bards/Cor). then we gotta walk to Morier Basalt Fields yay it's just so much fun I could just die... and all because no one reives so we gotta spend about 30-45 Minutes killing each reive in our path, I think I afkd once and ran to burgerking ordered my meal and came back and the group was still going at it... Which is about 2-3 in our way before our group can reach the place where leader enters us in. Then of course waiting 5 minutes trying to get the entire group to pay attention so the leader can take another 5 minutes to run us through on which groups goes which way...

Seriously? Delve is not all that some of you so overwhelmingly make it out to be. Our LS only does it 1-2 times a week as an event. And SE doesn't play the game for you. It's the players who play the game. You don't need Delve weapons to make friends. You don't need a delve weapon to make a party. You don't need a delve weapon to make a VW event nor do you need a delve weapon to do other stuff in game.

Because that's exactly how I'm observing some people's attitudes. Should I just add /befriend delveweapon on my Friendslist?

For those of you who are so misguided and clueless.. Stop being so negative and lazy and make up your own events, there's way more fun things to do than Delve. Go work on your Magian trials, Emp, mythic, NNI climbs and salvage, WOE is way too fun. And atleast not only do I have 15 different bosses to choose from, I can make so much gil to help me work on buying those azdaja pops and offer for free the +2s and seals.

We only had a couple of people with EMP, and like 2 people with Relic 99 in our first delve party. So to say "only delve weapon" can do it is either drug abuse or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
    You do know that you only need to be in zone to enter a Delve fracture right? and that only the leader needs to be at the enter point?
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    You do know that you only need to be in zone to enter a Delve fracture right? and that only the leader needs to be at the enter point?
    Yeah did you read carefully? Morier basalt field, since no one barely does reives, there is no waypoint therefore we had fight our way through to get there. 1 leader can't kill entire relieve solo.
    (0)

Player
    Ulti, you either took a route that was very poorly planed out, or something was wrong there. There is a path from Adoulin to the entrance to Morimar's Fracture zone, so you can get there from Adoulin without a single Reive.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Because everyone can be a brain surgeon or movie star.... rolls eyes.... isn't it obvious? because everyone is not the same, we all have our reasons for not wanting to do any event or thing. Maybe they don't find it fun? Maybe they can't lead an alliance to do it? Maybe it's because they don't have the right jobs to do delve bosses? Maybe it's because they don't want to be locked into a job they don't enjoy just to get equipment for the job they do enjoy?

It's like I like PUP, but I can't do any of the fun stuff I want on PUP, I am constantly gearing PUP by using other jobs. Why can't I use PUP to gear PUP? There could be any number of reasons.
    You misunderstood the context.
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I used to be able to pick from several different shells for dynamis, sky, sea, einherjar, znm, the list goes on in my time zone and go with the ones that had the rules / people that I liked based on just having red mage. No especially good gear. Just a willingness to show up and do my best until I got that gear. How many shells do you suppose are doing delve bosses on cerberus right now at all? I'll take a stab based on the shouts and say maybe 4 or 5 and all they want are R/E bards.

Let's just go crazy and say there are 40 of them though. What are the odds that
    A) they want anything that most people have
    B) they are in the correct time zone
    C) they speak the right language
    D) aren't going to be complete a-holes
    ?

Think about that and then ask yourself how that is good for a dying community.

There is an really well geared player on my server who has been shouting for an invite to tojil for 2 days now. For hours at a time. It's really friggin lame.
    I agree that it may not be the best approach for a dwindling playerbase, but we ARE just talking about three fights in an entire expansion. The fault doesn't lie with creating these particular fights, which are refreshingly challenging. The fault lies with SE for not introducing enough content at varying levels and playstyle, which they are apparently going to rectify in the next two patches according to their dev notes.

On Lakshmi right now there are at least 4 or 5 NA LS's working on Fracture Bosses and likely 5+ JP LS's as well (probably more on the JP end). Collectively, that's probably around 200-300+ players, which is not an insignificant percentage of the server population.

Social linkshell =/= event linkshell, 99% of all event linkshells died, good riddance, social linkshells who cares.
    I didn't mean social linkshells, I meant event linkshells. Your 99% number is supremely exaggerated. Even in Abyssea's heyday, there were many LS's who went in as an ally, broke up in groups, and farmed zones efficiently. I will agree that some shells likely disintegrated, and the overall number probably dipped shortly after RR/Minikin was released. But many survived and many sprang up anew from 2011-2013 as events such as Voidwatch, Legion, Odin v.2, and ADL popped up. From the way you recount history, people insta-dropped their pearls as soon as one or two single add-ons came out. But a lot of shells adapted and focused on the mobs that were actually somewhat challenging up until the third and final add-on + Shinryu. Voidwatch began shortly thereafter, and that began a stream of 18+ player events.

In case you didn't notice, this content is being BLAZED through faster than abyssea ever was. It's only taken a couple weeks and Tojil is beaten 100 times per day. it took about a year to make most people soloing with pocket whms everywhere.
    We are talking about two different things. Three 45-minute fights versus nine zones full of NM's and quests. Obviously the new fights can be blazed through, but I just meant can't be dual-boxed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 06-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast