Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The job you want to play is not always going to be the one that gets the job done. This has been true for over a decade. The difference is that unlike way back when, leveling additional jobs and gearing them to an acceptable baseline is a straightforward process that doesn't take months. Leveling additional jobs to help you gear your favorite job is something that people have been doing since Sky days.

What if you want to play WAR and your friend also wants to play WAR? If you want to accomplish something, one of you is going to have to compromise.
    (2)

Those players were not serious about Paladin then. It was already stated that Delve was meant for the top tier of players, they are adding content for casual players who refuse to devote time into jobs they "main". I fail to see how this only pertains to FFXI, in what MMO do they let subpar players tank the hardest bosses?
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    It's fine if they become the status quo. As long as the AH / easily obtainable options aren't light years behind them like they are now.

They have grossly misunderstood the mentality of the player base. People were already excluding "Gimps" back when they killed things 10% slower than pimped out players. Now they just flat out can't kill it.
    At the same time, if they made Bayld weapons (as an example) as good as RMEs, people would riot. I do not envy SE, as they are caught between a rock and hard place.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Those players were not serious about Paladin then. It was already stated that Delve was meant for the top tier of players, they are adding content for casual players who refuse to devote time into jobs they "main". I fail to see how this only pertains to FFXI, in what MMO do they let subpar players tank the hardest bosses?
    Here's one. WoW. Looking for Raid. Lets you tank/fight/heal against bosses and learn their moves, as well as get some decent gear off them. After which you can attempt in 10 or 25 man raids for the actual high level tier pieces, and these are progressively harder. It's better than nothing.

Also, if Delve was supposed to be for the top players, that means you are again telling me that RME is a requirement, making me go in circles. Enough.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The job you want to play is not always going to be the one that gets the job done. This has been true for over a decade. The difference is that unlike way back when, leveling additional jobs and gearing them to an acceptable baseline is a straightforward process that doesn't take months. Leveling additional jobs to help you gear your favorite job is something that people have been doing since Sky days.

What if you want to play WAR and your friend also wants to play WAR? If you want to accomplish something, one of you is going to have to compromise.
    In most cases, I asked my friends what they would like to main before we seriously tried at anything, and we always had a nice balanced group. No one was on the same job unless it was an absolute requirement. Most of us had 3-4 jobs leveled anyway, but we put those who were the best at their specific jobs, on that job.

SE's caught themselves in a rock in a hard place by raising the damage values so high up without a real specific reason other than "because" from what I can tell.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The highest tier of Delve is absolutely for higher tier players and RMED is a requirement if you're on a DD job.

For lower tiers, you do not require RMED to win, but you can easily get all the RMED DDs you want off the street with minimal effort.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    Here's one. WoW. Looking for Raid. Lets you tank/fight/heal against bosses and learn their moves, as well as get some decent gear off them. After which you can attempt in 10 or 25 man raids for the actual high level tier pieces, and these are progressively harder. It's better than nothing.

Also, if Delve was supposed to be for the top players, that means you are again telling me that RME is a requirement, making me go in circles. Enough.
    FFXI has the same thing with Wildskeeper Reives. You fight a lesser version of Delve mega boss, and get gear off them. Then you can attempt the next level content to prepare for the final content which is the delve mega boss... RME isn't a requirement for plasm farming, but the Skirmish weapon is a start (which isn't hard to get or do.)
    (2)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It feels that there is no longer such a thing as a 2nd best (or acceptable) weapon anymore. It didn't seem that long ago that if somebody didn't have an r/m/e, having certain magian weapons was still viable. Sure, I may not have had an almace, but I do have a str shikagar that can get the job done. With delve, we lost this option so if you don't have the best, you may as well not have anything at all.

Now that I think about it and regarding posts I've seen about people not eating food, I wonder if I could join a plasm farming party by offering to bring either drg or pld/blu/rdm and wield the evasion down weapons I made just for @#$% and giggles. My dmg won't be good but it might help others actually connect their hits.
    (4)
    Last edited by Xantavia; 06-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    At the same time, if they made Bayld weapons (as an example) as good as RMEs, people would riot. I do not envy SE, as they are caught between a rock and hard place.
    Why? They could have made RME's slightly better. They could have made content that didn't require the absolute best to beat as well. It's fine for amazing players to beat things at an amazing pace. It's not fine for them to be the only ones who can do it at all.

Nobody likes paying for a game that they can't enjoy as much as the next guy.
    (4)

There are things I don't like about Adoulin and it's distribution, but it is all due to bad presentation. Matsui clearly said this expansion is gear towards those who have cleared previous content. This would've gotten across better if it would've been written on the box, on the log in screen, if people's moogles would say it to them, and maybe have the intro Cut scenes mention "it's a bit rough here, I hope you've at least visited 'insert content name here.'". Here are some things that would've made this expansion work a bit better.

1. Explain first.
    2. Build upon, do not kill off.
    3. Expand.

For point number 1, alot of anguish would've never existed if they would've given this sort of roadmap that they have, at the beginning. I know that ruins the surprise or whatever, but at this point in the game, after that stale year we had with vw and the updates to old content, it seems like a necessity to me. Instead they release things with very little info when alot of people are RELYING on the success of this expansion to determine their future... or lack thereof, with FFXI.

2. Build upon, do not kill off. Delve has become literally a black hole where are all your time and progress are void and null as this gear completely renders most everything else, useless. Some will like this, but they should know better and know that nostalgia is too big a part of the game for that thinking to be successful. Square Enix caused the mandatory need for upgrading mythics and relics by upgrading them when level 75 cap was released. Once you do it, you can't stop. It is then no longer level 75 content. It is then, "i worked hard for this and it deserves infinite updates to match content."

3. Expand. I liked the expansion at the beginning. Delve came and related very little to colonization and rendered skirmish pointless and reive are done at 20% of the frequency as the were prior to delve. The worst part is that they don't seem to even see that and aren't even making any changes to it. Anyroad, the game expanded for me by giving me multiple things to do until delve. Now they have plans to "bring back reive and skirmish" by adding more content to them. If you would've stated this from the beginning, maybe it would've been received better and sought after more. Reive and skirmish should've never been killed off by a single event so soon.
    (3)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 07-05-2013 at 02:14 AM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast