Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    So many players have RMES though.
    Even if "so many" were a meaningful amount (I'm not convinced they're much more than a noisy minority), this "Screw you, I got mine" approach does nothing for drawing in and keeping new players. As it stands, Square-Enix is at least pretending to want new players, or else they wouldn't be selling the Ultimate Collection to begin with*.

* Unless we're talking about Japanese Xbox 360 players, then yeah: they don't want new players.
    (5)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    So many players have RMES though. An even greater number of players have Delve weapons. The ship has sailed on that one.
    It feels like I'm yelling at a brick. Do people really miss the point this much?
    (3)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    I've already said. Stop making all the content focused around RMED being mandatory weapons. Why is this so hard to grasp? They should be unique tools and extra "punch" not required in all circumstances for every single thing.
    I think this might be the disconnect we're having with one another. I don't see RMED as mandatory for anything except delve megabosses. They're nice to have, certainly, but I'm not going to demand that people have delve weapons to join my dynamis LS. I'm not going to demand a person have relic weapons for Morta. I wouldn't even demand RMED for farming little stuff in the fracture. Am I the exception to the rule? Do most people make these absurd demands?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I think this might be the disconnect we're having with one another. I don't see RMED as mandatory for anything except delve megabosses. They're nice to have, certainly, but I'm not going to demand that people have delve weapons to join my dynamis LS. I'm not going to demand a person have relic weapons for Morta. I wouldn't even demand RMED for farming little stuff in the fracture. Am I the exception to the rule? Do most people make these absurd demands?
    You must be an exception to the rule, as you would want "gimp" players in your events making them take longer. Have you ever seen any shouts lately? You don't see it as mandatory because you are doing mostly old content. The new content however... On the side, the guys who scummed out Delve boss wins before they patched it and made them on short timers won't give two shits about the players who haven't done it yet.
    (4)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Might be a server thing too. Sure, there are people who make those demands, but the vast majority of events that happen on this server, no one shouts specifically for those. The exception to that is when people are attempting to do something difficult like a 5-NM kill run, but even then, it's only DDs who have delve weapons requested of them.

And I agree with you there, that's how it should be. Though I get the feeling that skirmish updates will help to bridge the gap between the haves and have-nots, as well as give players who missed the boat a chance to work their way up to delve.
    (1)

Or they could have just had it the good ol Level 75 way and had it so AH gear was at least decent and on par with the top of the line stuff. Also make the mats easy to come by so they aren't all selling for the amount of a 75 relic weapon. Hagun ring any bells? How about Predu weapons? These were pretty easy to get, and you actually had fun doing stuff to get it, you know, like Assaults.

You might be lucky on your server. That's all this game has boiled down to as of late.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    You must be an exception to the rule, as you would want "gimp" players in your events making them take longer. Have you ever seen any shouts lately? You don't see it as mandatory because you are doing mostly old content. The new content however... On the side, the guys who scummed out Delve boss wins before they patched it and made them on short timers won't give two shits about the players who haven't done it yet.
    My major beef with the game is that everything is such a chore that once you've jumped through the hoop you are loathe to do it again for others. This is the cause of why no one tries to make runs regularly to help newer players, that and with the flux of players unwilling to learn, etc. w/e excuse to undermine players with less time and devotion on their hands, and thus you have a large majority of players who are in limbo. Sure they could climb SE's gear ladder, but the satisfaction for getting gear that takes lots of time to obtain tend to demoralize those who aren't fervent about the game when its easily dismissed and ridiculed when trying to reach the next tier of content.
    (5)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    My major beef with the game is that everything is such a chore that once you've jumped through the hoop you are loathe to do it again for others. This is the cause of why no one tries to make runs regularly to help newer players, that and with the flux of players unwilling to learn, etc. w/e excuse to undermine players with less time and devotion on their hands, and thus you have a large majority of players who are in limbo. Sure they could climb SE's gear ladder, but the satisfaction for getting gear that takes lots of time to obtain tend to demoralize those who aren't fervent about the game when its easily dismissed and ridiculed when trying to reach the next tier of content.
    Another point I forgot to get at. You nailed it. Thank you for this.
    (1)

I mean no one wants something on a silver platter for them but why even bother getting the lower content gear if it means NOTHING AT ALL to others when attempting to reach the next? Also lets address another t-rex in the room. Why keep older content which the devs have probably recognized at this point are rarely done.(inb4 someone's personal anecdotes) yet keep severe restrictions in place?
    (7)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekin View Post
    I mean no one wants something on a silver platter for them but why even bother getting the lower content gear if it means NOTHING AT ALL to others when attempting to reach the next? Also lets address another t-rex in the room. Why keep older content which the devs have probably recognized at this point are rarely done.(inb4 someone's personal anecdotes) yet keep severe restrictions in place?
    Possibly because it wouldn't make the guys on top feel as special anymore that people can catch up to them so easily.

The "You just want it all with no effort" mindset is a joke. We want it and try at it, but to jump through a million hoops to get it, just for it to be outdated later, while the guys who already have it can grab the next tier easier because they already have it is ridiculous. There's no way to really catch up unless you push even harder than those who already have it. It makes the game feel like work and very boring.
    (7)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast