Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Sooner or later the landlord will die though and you enter the agreement knowing that all you do will be one day lost. If you went in expecting anything more then you're gonna be disappointed. I had a relic so I know what it feels like but at the end of the day I did get good times from owning a relic and I do not think of it as a waste of time, only of good memories. I'm sorry that people should feel let down but there's nothing anyone can do about that, we all knew it was gonna happen some day. Like I said, best thing is to just move on. If you wanna kick and scream about it then go ahead but unfortunately it wont change that this is a dying game and to a lot of people has already died.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaall View Post
    Sooner or later the landlord will die though and you enter the agreement knowing that all you do will be one day lost. If you went in expecting anything more then you're gonna be disappointed. I had a relic so I know what it feels like but at the end of the day I did get good times from owning a relic and I do not think of it as a waste of time, only of good memories. I'm sorry that people should feel let down but there's nothing anyone can do about that, we all knew it was gonna happen some day. Like I said, best thing is to just move on. If you wanna kick and scream about it then go ahead but unfortunately it wont change that this is a dying game and to a lot of people has already died.
    Lol I'm getting ready to move over to 14 myself so I'm with you. Just saying that others might not.
    (0)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yea nah didn't mean you kicking and screaming lol. There are a few on here though like the people who say XIV is terrible and will definitely fail. Yea... right lol.
    (0)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    1.0 failed because it was a magnificent disaster and neither Tanaka nor the Dev team bothered to listen to player/beta concerns.

The exact opposite can be said about 2.0. Yoshida and the new Dev team actually listen to the Feedback section (And thank god not the General Discussion) and are fairly transparent in many aspects of development. For this reason alone, I'm fairly certain ARR is going to have the opposite outcome of launch-1.0 and end up being a critical success.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    You forget that real life musketeers were ALL about ranged combat and had the sword as a last resort if they found themselves in melee. The way archers had knives/axes as a means of self defense.

Musketeer should be designed around ranged DPS through firearms (guns, muskets). RDM should stem from Fencer because, well, it makes sense (fanmade pics, but get the point across).
    I just took the time to look at those pics. Nice! Although I'm happy with the classes already in XIV, I do hope for more. New jobs are the most exciting thing to me in any game. The way Fencer and Red Mage are described in those links would be wonderful - truly emphasizing the magic fencer aspect.

While leveling Conjurer in XIV, I did role my eyes when I saw the Mamool-Ja type mob I was killing cast Enaero. Unless I missed it, I don't believe enspells are available to players of any class/job yet, so maybe it's a sign
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    I see many FFXI players giving up on FF14 when they get tired of that WoW combat system. FFXI combat system is slower but much more relaxing and strategic. Well see you guys back here after 1-2 months like it happened at 1.0.
    Quote from someone on ffxiv beta forum so i don't have to address this stupid nonsense. You were dead on with relaxing though. I'll give you that.

Alt+tab -> wiki.ffxiclopedia.com -> search "Bat Wings quest" -> look up the coordinates -> ??? -> real satisfaction.

"Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Fast Blade! The Clipper takes 2 damage! -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Fast Blade! The Clipper takes 2 damage!

"The best part about the fight with the Clipper is that I didn't have to spam the same attacks over and over again! I could wait 5 minutes between each input, giving me enough time to strategize!""

This game has a subjob system!! Aaaaaggrrr!

The best kind of difficulty is the difficulty where a monster two levels higher than me can kill me just because it is two levels higher. This is because then I can strategize about obtaining two more levels (the challenge could not be more immense!) and then defeat the fearsome foe. Why do you all hate true challenge of obtaining plus one stat point?

In other words. You lie. There's nothing strategic about FFXI battles at all. Delve NM's make you need to pay attention i guess, but other than that, I see no need for strategy anywhere else in the game.
    (4)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Quote from someone on ffxiv beta forum so i don't have to address this stupid nonsense. You were dead on with relaxing though. I'll give you that.

Alt+tab -> wiki.ffxiclopedia.com -> search "Bat Wings quest" -> look up the coordinates -> ??? -> real satisfaction.

"Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Fast Blade! The Clipper takes 2 damage! -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Wait for TP -> Fast Blade! The Clipper takes 2 damage!

"The best part about the fight with the Clipper is that I didn't have to spam the same attacks over and over again! I could wait 5 minutes between each input, giving me enough time to strategize!""

This game has a subjob system!! Aaaaaggrrr!

The best kind of difficulty is the difficulty where a monster two levels higher than me can kill me just because it is two levels higher. This is because then I can strategize about obtaining two more levels (the challenge could not be more immense!) and then defeat the fearsome foe. Why do you all hate true challenge of obtaining plus one stat point?

In other words. You lie. There's nothing strategic about FFXI battles at all. Delve NM's make you need to pay attention i guess, but other than that, I see no need for strategy anywhere else in the game.
    Nice pic moooooaaaar!
    (0)

Player
    86 replies and not person hit "Like"
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    1.0 failed because it was a magnificent disaster and neither Tanaka nor the Dev team bothered to listen to player/beta concerns.

The exact opposite can be said about 2.0. Yoshida and the new Dev team actually listen to the Feedback section (And thank god not the General Discussion) and are fairly transparent in many aspects of development. For this reason alone, I'm fairly certain ARR is going to have the opposite outcome of launch-1.0 and end up being a critical success.
    Here is why it failed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi Tanaka
    I helped mold Final Fantasy XI into one of the best MMO formats on the market, and I wanted to respect the wishes of the team as much as possible when they wanted to make something different with FFXIV, so I tried my best not to meddle too much with development. In the end they weren't able to realize what they were aiming for, which is a shame, but I wish them the best of luck with the reboot.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    While I think in total ARR is an improvement on 1.0, I can't help but feel the battle system lost some strategy.

Most of the time I feel like I'm spamming abilities almost mindlessly (on monk anyway) because battles move so fast, there's no time to stop and think "what skill would be really effective here?".

I also find it difficult to really notice some enfeeble effects. For example Archer can Venom an enemy but whether this does any noticeable damage I have no idea because again the battles are so quick I can just spam my hot bar until it dies.

I think this system is appealing at first, it looks flashy and cool but what I love about ffxi is that with some battles you have to make important decisions and in some cases a bad decision will make you die.
    I understand what you mean. Well, on melee jobs anyway. On the other hand, THM early levels I found incredibly engaging. Much more so than BLM 1-20 in XI by miles. You still have to be concerned about MP and drop your dps considerably when recovering, but you can remain active. A couple early abilities add a nice bit of thought to soloing if you care to try some mobs a bit above your level too, which was very fun for me.

When I switched to pugilist and lancer, that's where it just felt spammy. However, I had to keep in mind that these are early levels and they probably didn't put as much thought into those early soloing levels on every class. But, on the three classes I got to 10-15, I still found the job-specific quests well designed, requiring smart use of all the jobs' abilities in addition to food and items. I'm not yet balancing a queue of 10 pending actions that change with the situation like I do on SCH 99, but for early levels I was impressed. Overall. I really like that every job can always be active, and not just reactive or afk.

Also, DoT spell potency was increased recently, right before last weekend's beta period. I noticed a nice difference with aero and thunder.
    (0)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast