Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

No Valid Content ID found

After the update that was done to the test server on Friday, June 14, 2013, I was able to complete the client update. But when I actually went into the FFXI Test Client, as it was preparing to show the title page, I received an error message "No Valid Content ID found". When the message was acknowledged, I was returned to the Playonline Viewer.

I had been able to get on the test server before. The most recent time was yesterday (Thursday, June 13). The only change I know of that could do this was the June 14 update.
    (0)

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Seems like I had to repay for my Content ID to get back in the game. Maybe something went wrong in the billing server, I had 3 Content ID and one I had recently reactivated and should have been active for a month, for my surprise it had been canceled.
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Looks like you have to reapply for this test period and they just didn't bother mentioning it.
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I did reapply for test server status, and it did work. But not completely as it should have.

It would appear that SE did something to clear the data on the SE account or whatever they have made up to act as the Playonline account for the test server. However, the actual character data on the Undine server was not cleared. I was forced to rename my newly copied character. I have created a character on all 16 of the regular servers all under the same SE account so I know no one else could have my character name anywhere. (The options are all cancelled other than the one for my main character. But the characters do exist.)

In the past, when I would click the link in these forums to go to the page with the application to get on the test server, it would show a status that a character had already been copied, and have a button to recopy the same character again. This did NOT occur this time. The web page put me through the normal application process as though I had not previously applied.

I tend to believe the only way they could correct this is to do a complete wipe of all test server characters and have everyone start over with new applications to get on the test server. Although I suspect they won't unless some other thing comes along to compel them to do so. It works without the wipe. It's just a bit messy.

I would also suspect that maybe this has been caused by the efforts SE has been making to relieve the "congestion" on these forums that has been ongoing because of the heavy traffic created on the FFXIV:ARR Beta forums. The FFXI, FFXIV Lodestone, and FFXIV:ARR Beta forums all appear to be on the same server.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 06-17-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    Looks like you have to reapply for this test period and they just didn't bother mentioning it.
    No?

Quote Originally Posted by playonline.com
    FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server Update (14/06/2013)

Today, various adjustments and updates have been implemented on the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server.

During this update, the character data existed on the test server has been deleted. Please submit a new application via the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server Application Form.

However your installed copy of the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Client will remain usable.

Proceed on to peruse the test details.
    Read on to find out how you can access the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server!
    Has been done quite a few times in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsherman View Post
    I did reapply for test server status, and it did work. But not completely as it should have.

It would appear that SE did something to clear the data on the SE account or whatever they have made up to act as the Playonline account for the test server. However, the actual character data on the Undine server was not cleared. I was forced to rename my newly copied character. I have created a character on all 16 of the regular servers all under the same SE account so I know no one else could have my character name anywhere. (The options are all cancelled other than the one for my main character. But the characters do exist.)
    As I mentioned above, this has been done before, usually after larger scale updates.

I can't say that I've ever experienced what you describe about the names/characters, but I can say that the test server does not care for the names on live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsherman View Post
    In the past, when I would click the link in these forums to go to the page with the application to get on the test server, it would show a status that a character had already been copied, and have a button to recopy the same character again. This did NOT occur this time. The web page put me through the normal application process as though I had not previously applied.
    Normal for these occasionally occurring occasions. ^^;

I had no issues with it other than the rest of the normal stuff that happen after copying characters over (like not showing with the proper equipment before first logging in). This time I was level 227 in the selection screen. D:

But yeah, didn't experience any issues here, except for the title music, which changed to the Adoulin theme. I don't even have that stuff installed, so give back my Wings of the Goddess!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Oops... yes I did miss that line in the announcement about the character data being deleted.

And yes, they have deleted character data before, and when they have done that, it was always necessary to re-apply for access to the test server.

But the pattern with which they did that this time is not the same. This is the first time they have forced a re-copy of character data as part of just a downtime of the test server for an update.

In the past, deletion of character data has always been accompanied by a complete shutdown of the test server for 3 weeks or so. In addition, the character names were removed from the server so that character renames did not need to occur unless there was a collision of names from people re-applying with their characters sourced from two (or more) different worlds with the same name. And that is not something that could occur with my name since I have my character name set up on all 16 worlds. No one else could have it.

They did not have that 3 week or so shutdown this time. They also have failed to clear the character names from Undine. They just cleared whatever they have set up as the equivalent for the Playonline Account for the test server without actually clearing the character data on Undine (the name of the test server world).

I suspect this clearing was something that was done because of some problems that were occurring in the addition to Seekers of Adoulin to the test server. People needed to recopy character data to fix that problem, so they forced that recopy to occur by doing this. But they didn't clear the data on Undine. They just forced the re-copy.

Messy, but it still works. And I suspect they will not fix it either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 06-18-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, true.

I noticed at least one other user mention they needed to rename their character as well, so you're not alone.

Makes me wonder even more why I did not experience the same though!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I am guessing the difference in our experiences may be caused one of two things:

1. My data was not cleared because I was using it on Thursday.

2. My data was not cleared because I had previously deleted the character on Undine, and then recopied it a few days ago before this update occurred. It didn't have the problem any more with the SoA stuff on the test server.

Both of those are just guesses. It could be either one, or it could be something else completely different. Either way, it's probably gonna stay like this until they do another clear operation like this later on. It could be a while.
    (0)