Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

For Goodness sake Can we get a New Thief's Knife!?

Okay i know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but I just came back from a year break, and i see this great new delve dagger, i also have a mandau, but for Th purposes this has made the Thief's Knife more Gimp the never! Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a new Thief's Knife?! TH 1 is fine but some more damage please! Or make the current one upgradable, or something, it makes me cringe in dynamis when i have to th and my off hand is doing 30 damage and main is doing 80+ please! constantly taking it off just wastes TP too
    (2)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Step 1: Toss THF knife
    Step 2: Equip something worthwhile
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit
    (6)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Thief's knife has been relegated to only being used for the first hit of NM content, and multiboxed mules where the thief is used to "autoattack" or hit things once and ignored.

Just stop using it, you're only wasting your time even bothering. ESPECIALLY with dynamis.

Not to detract from the statements that thief's knife DOES need a massive improvement.

Just stop using it until they fix it (aka never).
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    An upgrade would be nice for sure, but, as Karah said, you only need it for the first hit. You'll get TH upgrades even with it off. If a change IS made though it should be upgrading the existing knife. A brand new blade would likely just make people demand THFs use both the old and new knives or GTFO.
    (0)

(0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 06-13-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    An upgrade would be nice for sure, but, as Karah said, you only need it for the first hit. You'll get TH upgrades even with it off. If a change IS made though it should be upgrading the existing knife. A brand new blade would likely just make people demand THFs use both the old and new knives or GTFO.
    Technically you need to full time your TH gear for max effect over time. Which basically means if you're going to bother equipping TH gear x3 to get that TH7 on a mob, you really do need to full time it or you're wasting your time caring about TH effect at all.

I understand SEs point of view on this, trade DPS for TH. But with that understanding I expect them to return the favor, and the base dmg on Thief's Knife just isn't going to fly anymore. Before you could live with it, but Delve has changed the game and if they expect us to full time TH gear for max effect then they have to throw us a better off hand bone. Just how it is. They can continue status quo if they want, but it ain't doing them any favors when a new knife will take a few hours at most to design( copy/paste job with some number changes, can't possibly take THAT long to do) and decide where to drop it off in game. I can't wait for that to ultimately be given to some hard ass or annoying to get into content to motivate THF to go after the knife, but eh so be it.
    (5)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Technically you need to full time your TH gear for max effect over time. Which basically means if you're going to bother equipping TH gear x3 to get that TH7 on a mob, you really do need to full time it or you're wasting your time caring about TH effect at all.

I understand SEs point of view on this, trade DPS for TH. But with that understanding I expect them to return the favor, and the base dmg on Thief's Knife just isn't going to fly anymore. Before you could live with it, but Delve has changed the game and if they expect us to full time TH gear for max effect then they have to throw us a better off hand bone. Just how it is. They can continue status quo if they want, but it ain't doing them any favors when a new knife will take a few hours at most to design( copy/paste job with some number changes, can't possibly take THAT long to do) and decide where to drop it off in game. I can't wait for that to ultimately be given to some hard ass or annoying to get into content to motivate THF to go after the knife, but eh so be it.
    Thank you! I do swap it out by like i said it gets annoying because i dont solo dynamis so i always have to swap out and always lose the tp. so half the time i just dont bother and keep it on. I'd imagine they'd make the thf effect sub hand only or something so you couldnt use both.. Honestly i was just surprised that after a year off they would have addressed this by now and its surprising that nothing was ever done. But then again its SE so i shouldn't be surprised huh?
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Raising TH effect really holds no bearing on anything in SoA. So If anyone is asking you to use TK in those activities, I would suggest you stop going with them

...well maybe you should keep going with them. Not many groups would even take a THF to fracture farming or Delve NMs. THF is an even weaker DD than it was pre-delve weapons and TH is really irrelevant to both of these activities. So if they do take you, this is probably an even further indication of this leader's lack of knowledge, skill, and overall ability to get high plasm counts, Kill NMS etc...but I digress.

Killspeed concerns aside, the difference between TH6 and TH 7 is something you will never see make a difference in your actual number of drops yielded for anything relevant (Dynamis, Delve farming). Taking killspeed into acount, offhanding thief's knife instead of a far superior dagger will be a detriment (not a benefit) to total drops earned).

Unless you are doing something like Kings (where you would be single wielding TK to build max TH anyway), I suggest you just stop using it.

If someone is asking you to TH mobs in Delve for airlixirs...see above comment about knowledge and skill. The best (only?) viable use for a THF in fracture farming is to pull massive amounts of fodder mobs without death, or to sac pull NMs/Bosses. But I see almost no THFs that have the gear sets, movement speed or skill/knowledge of the areas to pull more effectively than a BRD can.

The sad reality is that most of us are not worth an alliance slot in the first place (not even for Treasure Hunter). A Thief's knife upgrade should be the very least of your worries if your goal is get invited to anything that matters on THF.

You should be looking more for fixes to:
    • The general weakness of Daggers and dual wielding them at the point of accessing delve.
    • The general lack of edngame relavence (and weakness) of the Treasure Hunter Trait (not being worth a party slot in SoA events).
    • The weakness of ALL Dagger WS.
    • Weak DD amplified by positional AND timer restrictions (very unreaosnable for today's gameplay).
    • No enmity control abilities that are worth anything.
    • No "Thief-like" abilities (Steal, Aurasetal, Despoil Mug, Collaborator, etc) that are worth anything

I could go on but I'm going to stop there. Your focus should not be on upgrading Thief's knife. You could have the ability to dual wield 2 Mandau with TH+2 on both of them and it still wouldn't change anything for Thief.

You should be asking SE why everything the THF job gets is so weak, why nothing the job offers is worth an alliance slot in endgame content and what they plan to do about it?

"Nothing" (or most likely no response at all) is probably the answer you will get. They either don't know or don't care how bad THF has it right now.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    just dont use Thief's knife, TH is the worst TH and you still can get decent drop with TH7
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I just keep it in inventory. If anyone comments that I don't have it equipped I say "oh ! o.0 I didn't notice... My bad" and equip it for how ever long it takes for them to stop paying attention again. Then I go back to what I was using.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast