Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Idea for forum:

Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    Yes, and the first hit, and all the hits of Drakes are all 1, and since Polearms are high DMG weapons, adding extra DMG doesn't affect the damage that much (especially during Drakesbane which is a high base D weaponskill.) Regardless, I have it in my sig because it was my first WS pic after I got to try Drakesbane in Abyssea. No, I don't know what a Wafflechan is either.
    Oh okay, thought I'd ask. Apparently I'm e-famous and have my own thread on FFXIAH for "e-peening the official forums". I'm not sure what you mean, though. Drakesbane is a 4.0 fTP 50% STR WS. So, let's assume you have 200 STR in Abyssea, you're looking at 85 WSC to add to your base damage of 133. You're still getting way more out of the base damage of your weapon than you are from WSC. If you have less than 200 STR, the gap widens and you gain even more from your weapon's base damage than WSC.

Edit: In the above scenario, every 1 damage you add to Gungnir (90) is a .5% increase in WS damage. Not horrible, but better than the equivalent in WSC.
    (0)
    Last edited by Greatguardian; 03-23-2011 at 03:08 PM.

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Zalama
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    No offense to anyone here but... judging from the average quality of majority of the posts I've read on this forum, I think this would be a terrible idea. Most of the posts I've read here seem to contain a literacy rate that I wouldn't even consider a high school level. Unless they were extremely careful on their selections I could see a lot of favoritism and false reports just because a poster made them mad.

I feel that a user moderator base forum works better with a site that lacks any official endorsements, otherwise you would end up with a skewed community where you can definitely see the favoritism be it one side or the other. An example of this would be a comparison of Alla to BG; it's easily apparent that Alla caters to the more casual player while BG focuses on the more elite end game focused people. Neither of these two forums are wrong in either way, however, you can see which side the favoritism on each forum lies easily.

In summary for the tldr people... I think the tags for the thread sum this up in my opinion.
    This x 1000
    To be honest the convo between greatguardian & tearsforfears here has went way off topic. And should have been moderated to reflect this. Oh wait... maybe sometimes veering off course is a good thing.
    (0)
    Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    This x 1000
    To be honest the convo between greatguardian & tearsforfears here has went way off topic. And should have been moderated to reflect this. Oh wait... maybe sometimes veering off course is a good thing.
    I'd use PMs if there was a PM function
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Zalama
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I figured lol. My point is that the moderators decided to let it go. Most likely to allow tearface to saveface and let the topic die. Now if you had a "volunteer mod" who hated you because of your dual standing between this site and another.... well the chances of your initial post that started your retort would have been nuked are pretty good. And I'd be perma banned lol.
    (0)
    Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    I figured lol. My point is that the moderators decided to let it go. Most likely to allow tearface to saveface and let the topic die. Now if you had a "volunteer mod" who hated you because of your dual standing between this site and another.... well the chances of your initial post that started your retort would have been nuked are pretty good. And I'd be perma banned lol.
    Pretty much, lol.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6