Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Imo I think they're waiting to see how things will go with the release of XIV. Some people will quit for it and they'll probably be forced to make a new server merge after that.

Main problem happens during EU prime time, on Bismarck it's not that rare to see barely 1000 people. If you consider that there are afk mules/bazaars in that count that's really low.
    Problem is they should have given advantages of ff11 and had stuff to do in ff11 for ff14. That way you get 2 subscriptions fees, since no matter what, people that have took them years to get there gear.

There no way they will ever play 14 unless they shut down ff11. If they cancel ff11 then they alienated a huge part of there fanbase also for mmos.

They need merge the servers now. Not wait till like wtf, both games are dead.

Give a option in ff11 were if on the pc side at least can talk to a npc and warps to ff14 no login also.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 06-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

I vote no, still against this stuff. I HATE having to fight other players for access to content, makes me have to play like an a-hole too.
    (6)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    How many of them are really online active?
    1800+ on Phoenix right now, but it is a friday night at 8pm. 1k does sound like a low number though.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

I'm not against a server merge if there are servers out there constantly running 1k people online, but Phoenix doesn't need including in these mergers, thank you.

If you happen to be on a very low populated server, you can always jump to a new one, and eventually there will be so few people left on that server that SE will have to close it down.
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    Problem is they should have given advantages of ff11 and had stuff to do in ff11 for ff14. That way you get 2 subscriptions fees, since no matter what, people that have took them years to get there gear.

There no way they will ever play 14 unless they shut down ff11. If they cancel ff11 then they alienated a huge part of there fanbase also for mmos.

They need merge the servers now. Not wait till like wtf, both games are dead.

Give a option in ff11 were if on the pc side at least can talk to a npc and warps to ff14 no login also.
    Two completely different games with different lore. The only similarities are the races that look a like, but even their backgrounds are different.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is for some to get into XIV, even with resistance. Back when 1.0 launched, I said to myself many times "no way I'll quit for this" because I had so many years invested in XI it was hard to let go. But let go I did.

I am ten years older than I was when I first picked up XI...needless to say, I do not have the time I once had to be able to sink hours into participating in XI's content. This is one of the main factors that made XIV more appealing. I didn't have to log in to wait 3 hours for a party/alliance to form to go do the latest voidwatch/delve/salvage/nyzul/whateverishotatm

There are many I've met in XIV that migrated from XI due to similar circumstances. XI is a huge huge time sink, but many are reluctant to budge because the XI way is all they've known for years. I kept both my subs going for a few months, but eventually I just stopped logging into XI altogether.

I reactivated about two months ago, and now play as a casual. It is considerably hard to play "catch up" in this game, since, coupled with the time sink and other factors, it has taken me at least a month to even fall into Voidwatch. Adoulin? Haven't even touched it, and I bought it the day it came out. I'm still playing catch up on the gear I missed in my 3 year hiatus.

I don't think tying these two games together is a good idea, since if one falls, the other will fall with it. Nothing wrong with having subs for both games, if you have the time for both obviously. I also don't think XI will suffer when XIV relaunches. There were similar predictions made back when it first launched, and here we are three years later with about the same number of people more or less lol.

Server merging, much like F2P, will not fix the game. One thing everyone has to take into consideration is that this game is old..ten years old. It's kinda like asking someone today to try to get into a PS1 game..its a hard sell when there are newer, better things to invest one's time in. Unless someone is there to show you the ropes, its too much to try and get into. Ten years worth of content for an entirely vanilla player is not very enticing no matter how many freebies you throw at him. Hell, even I felt like it was an uphill battle trying to read up and learn all the stuff I missed in just -three- years lol.

That said, XI still brings in profits, so there is no danger of it shutting down. As long as people are subbing, the game will keep going (EQ is still truckin' along, and its older than XI lol).
    (0)

Player
    maybe not on phoenix but most servers are below 1k subs online, that's really low, most zones/content are dead empty, voidwatch is forgotten content now, almost nobody does plasm farming atm because a lot of harcore players /ragequited since R/E/M have been over-shadowed, on top of that SE stated that R/E/M will not be as powerful as the new ones.

The only that do plasm farming are the jps on their prime time. After that... nobody really plays but solo/multi boxers and afk players. The game is designed for 3-5k users per server , ffxi used to have 33 servers if (i'm not mistaken) now there is 17 servers only (most of them are empty) anyone that said ffxi is not dead is on a great denial or does not have any knowledge about how this works

I have lots of hope for ff14, (tried beta) the game looks nice, feels nice and fresh/polished it will be a big success, can't wait to move on to ff14 again. I like ffxi too but it have so many flaws that can't stand a chance vs others mmos like gw2,wow and other big mmos with a huge amount of subs.

sorry for my english
    (0)
    Last edited by Cledant; 06-09-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I'm not against a server merge if there are servers out there constantly running 1k people online, but Phoenix doesn't need including in these mergers, thank you.

If you happen to be on a very low populated server, you can always jump to a new one, and eventually there will be so few people left on that server that SE will have to close it down.
    This. If there are servers out there with low populations then maybe a merge is indeed in order, but only for those servers. Asura certainly doesn't need another merge.
    (1)

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wonder if we had free server transfer, would we find the right balance on our own...that or destroy it :P
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    I wonder if we had free server transfer, would we find the right balance on our own...that or destroy it :P
    If it was free, they'd probably increase the wait time to transfer back/again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Two completely different games with different lore. The only similarities are the races that look a like, but even their backgrounds are different.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is for some to get into XIV, even with resistance. Back when 1.0 launched, I said to myself many times "no way I'll quit for this" because I had so many years invested in XI it was hard to let go. But let go I did.

I am ten years older than I was when I first picked up XI...needless to say, I do not have the time I once had to be able to sink hours into participating in XI's content. This is one of the main factors that made XIV more appealing. I didn't have to log in to wait 3 hours for a party/alliance to form to go do the latest voidwatch/delve/salvage/nyzul/whateverishotatm

There are many I've met in XIV that migrated from XI due to similar circumstances. XI is a huge huge time sink, but many are reluctant to budge because the XI way is all they've known for years. I kept both my subs going for a few months, but eventually I just stopped logging into XI altogether.

I reactivated about two months ago, and now play as a casual. It is considerably hard to play "catch up" in this game, since, coupled with the time sink and other factors, it has taken me at least a month to even fall into Voidwatch. Adoulin? Haven't even touched it, and I bought it the day it came out. I'm still playing catch up on the gear I missed in my 3 year hiatus.

I don't think tying these two games together is a good idea, since if one falls, the other will fall with it. Nothing wrong with having subs for both games, if you have the time for both obviously. I also don't think XI will suffer when XIV relaunches. There were similar predictions made back when it first launched, and here we are three years later with about the same number of people more or less lol.

Server merging, much like F2P, will not fix the game. One thing everyone has to take into consideration is that this game is old..ten years old. It's kinda like asking someone today to try to get into a PS1 game..its a hard sell when there are newer, better things to invest one's time in. Unless someone is there to show you the ropes, its too much to try and get into. Ten years worth of content for an entirely vanilla player is not very enticing no matter how many freebies you throw at him. Hell, even I felt like it was an uphill battle trying to read up and learn all the stuff I missed in just -three- years lol.

That said, XI still brings in profits, so there is no danger of it shutting down. As long as people are subbing, the game will keep going (EQ is still truckin' along, and its older than XI lol).

Great points you made about the ff14 stuff not working, but you did forget that everquest, finally had to go into a free to play model and there making more money then they ever did and they got just as many servers running as ff11 with 4 times the people.

This is what FF11 need to look into what everquest did.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...on-class-race/

I would just like to see this game last for another 10 years, why not? sometimes graphics are not the end of all things, gameplay ideas that fail with subscription base models more then anything. Will hurt this mmo more then anything though, and that becomes the down fall of many subscription base mmos games, and this game still looks nice with a high power cpu or on xbox in hd after 11yrs.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 06-12-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast