Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I actually thought of a "compromise" a couple days ago....
    more of a "what if" rather than a real compromise.
    What if this 99 artifact gear... (I still have problems with just calling it the artifact set... I don't care if Adoulin is a +99 place... Rune Fencer and Geomancer are still jobs that can be played everywhere else in the game.)
    What if it's an "AF4".

What I mean is that what if this "artifact gear" is a new AF... wherein RUN and GEO get it now... and eventually... later... they get their artifact, relic, and empyrean sets added?
    This way, the mold won't be broken... AND it opens the door for lv120 (is that the right effective level for this gear?) gear for ALL the jobs. Not just RUN and GEO! (of course I'm talking like 1-2 years before the other jobs get it... at the rate RUN and GEO are getting this... it'll take that long for them to get relic and empyrean sets... and those need to be added BEFORE the other 20 jobs get this proposed lv120 "AF4")

And we all know how much players like getting new AFs.... (at least I do... except for the empyrean sets... no one likes getting those.)
    AND seeing as how these AFs will be quest-AFs... SE could continue the quests from the regular AFs for the old jobs! (which would be especially nice for jobs like THF wherein that AF quest-line dealt with Tavnazia... a place that for all intents and purposes... didn't exist until CoP was released! Just think of the wonderful possibilities that continuing the old AF quests could do!)

I would be more than happy if the RUN and GEO soon-to-be AF gear was the start of an AF4.
    Partially because I still want a "normal" 52-60 AF1...
    But mostly because I like variance. More AFs (which are usually the easier high-end gear to get) mean that there is more choice and variance between players. And more choice with what a job can wear can lead to more job combinations and more people able to play the jobs they like the way they like them.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    I actually thought of a "compromise" a couple days ago....
    more of a "what if" rather than a real compromise.
    What if this 99 artifact gear... (I still have problems with just calling it the artifact set... I don't care if Adoulin is a +99 place... Rune Fencer and Geomancer are still jobs that can be played everywhere else in the game.)
    What if it's an "AF4".
    Call it AAF. Adoulin Artifact Armor. That way, you don't get confused and hung up on tags. And SE can also add AAFs for the other 20 jobs, so we aren't all forced to wear the same 3 sets of armor. If someone goes /anon, you can't even tell if it's a PUP or MNK anymore... (unless you check non-visual gear). (To be clear, PUPs are the ones with the murderbots chasing them. MNKs are the gimps without murderbots chasing them.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Why would we want them to give us the option to downgrade lvl 109 gear to lvl 74?
    I don't know what planet you're living on where +1 is a downgrade. Nowhere did I mention that the gear would be level 74, merely that the upgrade system would most likely be from limbus.
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Call it AAF. Adoulin Artifact Armor. That way, you don't get confused and hung up on tags. And SE can also add AAFs for the other 20 jobs, so we aren't all forced to wear the same 3 sets of armor.
    Then that's pretty much just an AF4.
    And that's my point.... making these AFs 99 is dumb not really because AF1 should be 50-60 in level... but mainly because RUN and GEO can be played at any level outside of Adoulin areas... making their AF1 99... basically says: screw actually playing those jobs! grind to 99 now!
    And I think that is bad.
    If these were the beginnings of an "AAF" or AF4... then I (and probably everyone else) would have no problems with the design decision... In fact, it would even probably create a lot of hype: "level 120 gear that gives my job super boons that's better than empy/relic/VW/NNI/delve gear??? I want that now!!!"
    But just having RUN and GEO's AF1 be this lv99-elv120 thing... is just bluh.
    I recall someone pointing out how ludicrous it is to claim "Adoulin is 99 area, so AF is 99" by pointing out how ToAU jobs' AF1s aren't 75... (iirc they specifically mentioned BLU)
    So why do this with Adoulin?
    I really don't think anyone would be mad at "here's the start of new AFs, but you'll have to wait for the AF1s."
    I mean, if there were new jobs with Abyssea... and the empy sets for those jobs went gold before the artifact and relic... I don't think anyone would have minded.
    The people who burned RUN and GEO to 99 won't care about AF1 anyways, and the people who have held off leveling them clearly have demonstrated the patience to wait some more.
    Sure, it sucks to wait... but having this as the beginings of an AAF (I'm liking that more and more) instead of a jank AF1 is just better.
    Hell, SE could even make a big to do (contest thingy) about what abilities the former 20 jobs' AAF would have!
    (use my ideas SE! they will make you money... probably. I'm no Seer, just a Maid.)
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Then that's pretty much just an AF4.
    And that's my point.... making these AFs 99 is dumb not really because AF1 should be 50-60 in level... but mainly because RUN and GEO can be played at any level outside of Adoulin areas... making their AF1 99... basically says: screw actually playing those jobs! grind to 99 now!
    And I think that is bad.
    If these were the beginnings of an "AAF" or AF4... then I (and probably everyone else) would have no problems with the design decision... In fact, it would even probably create a lot of hype: "level 120 gear that gives my job super boons that's better than empy/relic/VW/NNI/delve gear??? I want that now!!!"
    But just having RUN and GEO's AF1 be this lv99-elv120 thing... is just bluh.
    I recall someone pointing out how ludicrous it is to claim "Adoulin is 99 area, so AF is 99" by pointing out how ToAU jobs' AF1s aren't 75... (iirc they specifically mentioned BLU)
    So why do this with Adoulin?
    I really don't think anyone would be mad at "here's the start of new AFs, but you'll have to wait for the AF1s."
    I mean, if there were new jobs with Abyssea... and the empy sets for those jobs went gold before the artifact and relic... I don't think anyone would have minded.
    The people who burned RUN and GEO to 99 won't care about AF1 anyways, and the people who have held off leveling them clearly have demonstrated the patience to wait some more.
    Sure, it sucks to wait... but having this as the beginings of an AAF (I'm liking that more and more) instead of a jank AF1 is just better.
    Hell, SE could even make a big to do (contest thingy) about what abilities the former 20 jobs' AAF would have!
    (use my ideas SE! they will make you money... probably. I'm no Seer, just a Maid.)
    I understand your sentiment, but keep in mind that there isn't much active pre-99 content anymore. The important thing is that this AAF has quests which tell us more about the job, like the AF1 quests did. Relic and emp were merely level-relevant pieces of JSE gear that you collected, but AF1 had more meaning. If AAF catches that sentiment, but with lvl 99 attributes, so much the better!
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If AAF catches that sentiment, but with lvl 99 attributes, so much the better!
    That's backwards thinking. There is no reason that AAF should not continue the "plot" of the job....
    If anything, most of the AF1 questlines just kinda ended... without any real resolution.
    To which an AF4/AAF quest chain could finish.

The main thing is: RUN and GEO are playable outside of Adoulin and at levels below 99.
    The Devs should want NEW players... and new players can't afford to gear themselves steadily from 1-98.
    Generally, (and this is more of a modern play) a new person will get help from an older player (if they can) and will often just go: w/e 1-20, RSE 20-30 (because it's free, cheap, and easy to get and decent enough), AF1 50-60... sometimes they might get relic gear (that's assuming they have REALLY nice friends who are willing to take them into dynamis for a bit of farming) and then they'll get to Abyssea and get to 99 and the empy set.

Why this is a bad idea is because this specifically targets and separates old from new players, dividing the community...
    and worse... it tells new players to be "abysseanoobs" and burn their job to 99 before they can actually play the game.

Now of course, you're not gonna be going and doing the big fancy stuff before 99.... but YOU EXIST BEFORE 99.
    The jobs are HELLA easy to unlock... why then should they demand 99 before AF1?

And just because on YOUR server there isn't any pre-99 content anymore... doesn't mean that Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage, and all the rest that I'm forgetting.... stopped existing and no one on any server ever does that.
    There are also new players that might want to try that....
    We don't want a game filled with lv99s that don't know what they are doing.
    And this move advocates to "screw lv1-98 abyburn!"...

Which some people do... And that's fine.
    But there are just as many (if not vastly MORE) who will join xp parties in Crawler's Nest till 60 and Bostaunieux Oubliette until 75 before going to Abyssea....
    They might do it for skill levels... they might do it to learn their job better.... whatever the reason for it....

Just because YOU don't do the pre-99 stuff or your server isn't doing it... is not a valid argument for ignoring everyone else who does.

Furthermore: Do people still buy <lv99 equipment on the AH? They do on Odin. Quite a lot in fact. Because not everyone is 99. And we want more people playing... all MMOs do... and having this with no intention of adding a real AF1 at a future date... is like giving the middle finger to new-comers.
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That's backwards thinking. There is no reason that AAF should not continue the "plot" of the job....
    If anything, most of the AF1 questlines just kinda ended... without any real resolution.
    To which an AF4/AAF quest chain could finish.
    Hmmm? Why are you suggesting that AAF should be nothing more then simple gather quests, instead of giving more background into RUN and GEO?

Why this is a bad idea is because this specifically targets and separates old from new players, dividing the community...
    and worse... it tells new players to be "abysseanoobs" and burn their job to 99 before they can actually play the game.

Now of course, you're not gonna be going and doing the big fancy stuff before 99.... but YOU EXIST BEFORE 99.
    The jobs are HELLA easy to unlock... why then should they demand 99 before AF1?

And just because on YOUR server there isn't any pre-99 content anymore... doesn't mean that Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage, and all the rest that I'm forgetting.... stopped existing and no one on any server ever does that.
    There are also new players that might want to try that....
    We don't want a game filled with lv99s that don't know what they are doing.
    And this move advocates to "screw lv1-98 abyburn!"...

Which some people do... And that's fine.
    But there are just as many (if not vastly MORE) who will join xp parties in Crawler's Nest till 60 and Bostaunieux Oubliette until 75 before going to Abyssea....
    They might do it for skill levels... they might do it to learn their job better.... whatever the reason for it....

Just because YOU don't do the pre-99 stuff or your server isn't doing it... is not a valid argument for ignoring everyone else who does.
    You might 'enjoy' fast-forwarding jobs from 30-99 in mere hours by leeching in Abyssea, but I don't. I leveled RUN to 99 without stepping foot in Abyssea, and I join level relevant parties on GEO to chase down new Geo-spells and keep the handbell and geomancy skills up to spec. I hope you enjoy sitting in Ceizak for days to level your magic skills.

Furthermore: Do people still buy <lv99 equipment on the AH? They do on Odin. Quite a lot in fact. Because not everyone is 99. And we want more people playing... all MMOs do... and having this with no intention of adding a real AF1 at a future date... is like giving the middle finger to new-comers.
    I bought a few pieces of pre-99 gear, although I mostly got an entire mule with leveling gear for all level ranges and I craft what I can't buy.
    But if you think that people would be standing in line to hand the handfull of new players their new armors AND upgrades, you are sorely mistaken.
    AF takes a while, and it's going to be done by 99s. Some of those NMs took alliances of 50-60s, a good group at 75 and afk solo at 99. And then there's the months of doing limbus runs to get those illusive upgrade items... that everyone is after.
    Relic can be solod. At 99. With emp gear if you want to solo, or a small party to hold your hand. And ofcourse, procs. Relic -1 gonna take a load of farming as well. At 99. Then more time to get the +2, AND their augments.
    Empyrean going take ages, points need to be earned, chests not giving boots, NMs not dropping cards for +1s and stones/cards/etcs for +2s.

And then all but one or two pieces are dropped off at the closest porter moogle, never to see the light of day (other then screenshot contests.)

Instead, SE compresses the whole mess into one set of gear that isn't only relevant, it's going to replace or macro-swap with existing delve armor. All the stuff we want, without all the waits that pretty much everyone seems to hate.

Yeah, people are still doing older content for shyte and giggles, but you should see the pitchfork crowds when SE doesn't fast-forward stuff asap. And if they do, they are complaining that it's not important to update old content and the devs should just do whatever the complainers personal agenda is.

Look, you can go sit in your rocking chair and reminisce on the good old days, but SE has chosen to take AAF into a different level scheme direction and for good reason.
    (1)

Character
    Lartfor
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 74
    You know, a real AF set would be really, really, really nice... There is almost no reasonable gear available for a RUN from like 40-70. An af set would have solved allot of this.

As for your decision to make the AF99... I think this is due to laziness of not wanting to create more sets than anything else. Was a good excuse tho, I'm sure lots of people bought it. It would have been very easy to place the quest objectives for the lower lvl af in older zones that are of appropriate level...
    (1)

Greetings everyone,

We'd like to give you a bit of insight on our upcoming plans. In order to reforge rune fencer and geomancer artifact armor, you will need to have access to Limbus.

We will be announcing more information soon including ways to increase the artifact item level from 109 to 119 for all jobs soon!
    (3)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Ok, my question to you is, will we need to upgrade the sets we just took to 109 from other jobs?
    (0)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast