Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Heavy Metal, Riftdross, Riftcinder

With the addition of Adoulin and the upcoming Relic/Mythic/Empyrean updates, there are many people complaining about the availability of heavy metal and riftdross/riftcinder because many people are no longer participating in voidwatch. It seems it would be wise to counteract this a bit by adding additional ways to acquire these items.

Alexandrite in the past was really rare because few were doing Salvage. In response to this, the Dev Team put alexandrite drops in Nyzul Isle II and Salvage II to make mythics more of a possibility.

Ancient currency from dynamis is still something that is soloable, but it is also something that can be obtained as random rewards from Campaign as well as Meeble burrows.

Are there any plans to counteract the decline of voidwatch affecting Empyrean weapons?

One possibility that I can think of would be adding Heavy metal pouches and dross/cinder at a low drop rate (not too high to flood, not too low to never see) to Abyssea NMs that drop items used for Empyrean weapons (e.g. Briareus, Glavoid, Azdaja, Sobek, etc).

Just something to consider as voidwatch is on the decline, and Empyrean weapons may fall into the same problem that mythics used to have.
    (31)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I would really apreciate something done about this issue.
    Anything, as long as it's relevant and really makes a difference.

Please SE, address this thing for Empyreals!
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Make it drop from skirmish and delve.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Make it drop from skirmish and delve.
    NO. HELL TO THE NO.

I don't care what method they choose, be it crour, or increased drop rates, or within abyssea itself, but -NO- to adding ANYTHING else to delve, it's already the worst thing ever added. The last thing that needs to be done is adding more shit to it to force people to do it more.
    (11)
    Last edited by Karah; 06-13-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I strongly disagree with emp related business involving SoA. I mean it's pretty ideal if you're talking strictly increasing the supply naturally but I do believe in making older content useful to do.

I do support the idea of Abyssea dropping this stuff. I never agreed with VW getting involved although it's somewhat sorta probably is involved /shudder Anyway it's absolutely logical for anything involving getting your emp to 99 to be dropped in Abyssea. True it's lv90 content and all but uh, that didn't stop relics and mythics from getting a break. Emp progression just sort of got shoe horned into VW to make it more appealing to do over time. As we can see, it didn't work on a grand scale.

The obvious quickie solution is obvious, but if they want to do it the right way then they'll take the time to add a few more NMs to Abyssea(per zone, gonna be a lot of people after them) for the sole purpose of empy progression, to right the design decisions the previous producer made.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Once the upgrade to r/m/e hits, it will be once again worthwhile to upgrade the weapons, so people will return to farm the items to do so.

However, if so many people are complaining about the lack of VW, why are they not teaming up to do it?
    (2)

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Personally would've loved the idea of Provence adding some form of ultra heavy metal pouch somewhere in the region of x50-99 per pouch since provence had to do x3 KI fight and a watcher fight since people only do that for gears and even now it's very rarely shouted on my server, and also would like the T6 jueno fights / T2 CoP / ToAU to include the T3 Zilart fights pouches as the fights are still challenging enough but i seriously would like an improvement to aquiring heavy metal as i need 1500 and don't want to pay for them, would like the option to farm them myself, at least with relic and mythic you can farm yourselves or in low man option, VW for some fights till require the 18 people to partake....
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    to right the design decisions the previous producer made.
    Maybe I'm wrong but Matsui was in charge of Abyssea, he invented the content and created all that would be implemented later on, as he moved unto FFXIV.

Not 100% sure, but I seem to remember Abyssea was his invention.
    He wasn't the game director at the time of course, just the director of the Abyssea miniexps.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Once the upgrade to r/m/e hits, it will be once again worthwhile to upgrade the weapons, so people will return to farm the items to do so.

However, if so many people are complaining about the lack of VW, why are they not teaming up to do it?
    Personally, I am not 95 or 99'ing an EMP. I just know it's a common complaint so I figure something should be done about it.

If you have 18 people teaming up who each want to make a 99 emp, how much voidwatch do you think that is going to take to finish all 18? Before, there were a lot of people doing it which made a bunch available on the server. Even if you have sold it all, have you, Babekeke, gotten enough heavy metal and riftdross/riftcinder to finish an Emp on your own? Do you really think 18 people are going to do that many runs to help one person 99 an emp? Especially when, if you are looking to make gil, Delve is a more consistent option.

I disagree with putting Heavy Metal and Rift into Adoulin areas. I think that content should still remain separate. I think it makes more sense for it to come from sources along the line of making the Emp weapon itself. One could even add it to VNM (outside abyssea, heavy metal pouches to T2 and riftdross/cinder to T3) as well at a low drop rate (again, low enough that you still see it but not too high to flood the server).
    (0)

Most people do not read forums or even know that they may be an update several months from now. When it happens you are likely to see VW pick up again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast