Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Disconnecting in Salvage = Booted out of zone when logged back in now?

I'm assuming this is a counter measure to people disconnecting themselves into old zones to solo but just in case...

Our internet went out for whatever reason for about 20 minutes. We had only been in BRII for 15-20ish at that point. When we logged back in the game booted us out of the zone and back into Undersea Ruins. Tried calling a GM but well, EVERYONE knows how that goes.
    (0)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Player
    If everyone in the party DCed for more than 3 minutes then it would be the same as everyone being dead I assume, in which case once there are no alive party members in zone for 3 minutes, the run is ended. I believe that is what ended your run, the fact no active member was in zone for more than 3 minutes.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What he said. It's been like this since its creation.
    (0)

Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    When we finally got ahold of a GM he was just as confused as us and put my husband in the line to talk to an SGM sometime over the next few days. If the answer was that easy wouldn't the GM have told us there?
    (0)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    GMs are wrong sometimes. GMs arn't in charge of knowing every detail about the game.

It's the same message you get when everyone dies- "you'll get booted in 3 min" etc. If everyone DCs the server will just think that there's no people in the zone and thus there's no reason to preserve your instance.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitheren View Post
    When we finally got ahold of a GM he was just as confused as us and put my husband in the line to talk to an SGM sometime over the next few days. If the answer was that easy wouldn't the GM have told us there?

We had an instance of an item disappearing from treasure pool seconds after it dropped. The first GM called said somebody had lotted it but refused to say who (nobody lotted it). The second GM called said it was a known bug.

GMs make mistakes. GMs don't, like the poster above me said, know everything about the game. And sometimes GMs simply don't have a clue.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.