Character
    Yurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1141] Monstrosity / Play as a Monster System Feedback

So far I'm having a lot of fun with this system even though there's "nothing to do" with it yet. I get the impression there was a lot of work to get everything into place and running and I appreciate that you guys went through the trouble of doing that.

Having just been released, there's not a lot of info on how everything will fall into place. The "B" value appears to be a Monster EXP of sorts, increasing each time you gain EXP as a monster. "A" always appears to be 0, and "C" always appears to be 1.

I really enjoy using the Abilities as a monster. I'm sure it will change, but it's nice being able to use Fireball etc. without being engaged. The range on the abilities seem very far, and I wish they could stay that way.

Right now the highest I've gotten is Level 17 due to the area restrictions and running out of Easy Prey/exp giving enemies.

This system shows great potential, and I'm really interested in how it's going to work out. How are the family specialties going to be obtained? How will you unlock new monsters? What is the role of the "A", "B", and "C" values? I'm sure these will all be answered in the next update. For right now, it's fun just being able to go around whooping everything with the Rabbit specialties being freely equippable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yurai; 06-01-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Yurai of Odin, BlueHat Linkshell.
    Monk. White Mage. Awesome.
    Auspice and Boost-AGI are your friends. Please use them!

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So far sentiences apply no effect, even those that have a proper description.
    The job abilities shortcut opens the skill menu instead of the ability's one.
    (0)

Player
    When setting your sentiences the menu text will only display which slots are "(filled)" the first time you open the menu from starting from initiating conversation with the NPC. If you go "back" in the dialogue or return from making options the slots do not say whether they are filled or not. Also the only sentiences that appear to have any stats are the Bee sentiences.
    (0)

Character
    Jackjeckel
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I was playing monstrosity today as some of the larger creatures such as the goobbue and I found that I was having a very tough time with the camera during a fight when it is locked onto a target, Maby if the camera was pulled back more or raised upwards a little bit it wouldnt be bad
    (0)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    After testing it for a while, I found that

1. mandragora seem a lot weaker than lizard on same level both hp mp like half , on lv1 even lost to dc mob
    2. single target buff like protect is can't cast on self while aoe version like protectra is still can apply, same to poisona also can't cast on self.
    3. point to trade for knowledge 3k point quite a lot may reduce it a bit since it's will a lot knowledge to buy
    4. since play monster is solo playing (no party menu apply), It's must a lot better to let player can interact with FoV and GoV to get page for exp bonus, in long term this will help it's xp more smooth

that all i feel form testing for 2 day =) hope will got nicer adjustment for this Monstrosity
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've been trying out Monstrosity today a little... I have some observations.

1. It does not appear to have been localized. All of the conversions with NPC's in the Monstrosity Lobby are responding entirely in Japanese. This makes it very difficult to see what options (if any) I might have to change things around a little.

2. The random spawn locations within the chosen area do not seen to be paying any attention to the level of the Player Monster. I have been playing in North Gustaberg. I have spawned up on top of Zegham Hill a lot, and with a level 1 mandragora, I have to run and dodge all the aggressive goblins to get from the second level up on Zegham hill down to the bottom of the hill where I can get to mobs that are more reasonable for my monster level. A level 1 Player Monster should be spawned in the Eastern portions of North Gustaberg near where the access to Bastok is. In particular, being spawned in the Western portion of North Gustaberg (and it did happen at least once) pretty much means I need to die or exit Monstrosity and try again. In the Western section of North Gustaberg, the regular monsters there are too high for a level 1 Mandragora, and there is no way to get anywhere with lower monster levels over in the Eastern section of North Gustaberg. (The flower spot does not work when playing as a monster, and you can not go around via South Gustaberg to get there since player monsters are not allowed to zone.)
    (1)