Character
    Mantower
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 49

Ranger Endgame questions

Hello I am still very new and just got RNG to 99 with Archery. It seems like the archery weapon skills are not a competitive option in endgame damage wise. To even hope to compete with skills like Shoha, Resolution, Upheaval etc I think gun with Last Stand is really the only viable choice correct?

Are you gun rangers able to pull your weight in Delves and such? Easy to get in most alliances or difficult? Any farming tips for keeping up with 120k bullet costs?

Thanks
    (0)

There's multiple times I've tried to get into Delve with Ranger, but it seems that no one wants it. I either get no response, or an lolrng type response.
    (0)

wow, yet another job renderred obsolete by a stupid content roll-out. If I were you I'd hope one of the ones they add down the road was weak to piercing damage, but knowing the players we'd just get 18 drg alliances and still see lolrng..
    (0)

Player
    First off, you're spot-on that Marksmanship is a better bet than Archery right now. I have no idea what color of paint the guy who created Apex Arrow was drinking, given how poorly it compares to most merit weaponskills.

Ranger is more of a niche use job now than just another job that exists to hit monsters in the crotch. It's a lot like Paladin in that regard, I guess. For example: Ranger doesn't have much of a place in the average pick-up group that just kills normal monsters for Plasm, but many groups include a few Rangers or a Ranger party when fighting Mastop or Muyingwa.

Your best bet is to level a job that just straight-up hits stuff in the crotch (WAR, DRK, MNK, etc.) in addition to Ranger if you really want your role in every battle to be hitting stuff in the crotch. That evil, evil crotch.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    They made ranger obsolete a few years ago with the huge hit in the face they gave rng with the mega nerf they did to the job, at one time it was the single hardest hitter in the game. Spank talks about hitting stuff in the crotch, but rng used to shoot and arrow or gun into the crotch of the mob and there'd be nothing left there but a gaping hole, now rng is what you play if you wanna do girlyman damage, you know, a limp wristed slap on the face. But hey guess what? rng does still have all the old enmity issues it ever had, it still has low eva and parrying skills, along with low defense and vit. bleh just play mnk that's all anyone wants anymore
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    O and btw SE after watching you destroy this game over the years, I will never buy another one of your titles
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    O and btw SE after watching you destroy this game over the years, I will never buy another one of your titles
    Quotes like these make me sad there's no multiplayer in most SE games, because then I could enjoy the fact that I wouldn't need to listen/play with people like you in any future SE games. Oh well, at least I won's see you on XIV.

Enjoy your lack of Final Fantasy. We'll see how long you last.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    Quotes like these make me sad there's no multiplayer in most SE games, because then I could enjoy the fact that I wouldn't need to listen/play with people like you in any future SE games. Oh well, at least I won's see you on XIV.

Enjoy your lack of Final Fantasy. We'll see how long you last.
    Didn't say I was quitting, it wasn't event mentioned, but if SE keeps along its current path, why would I ever want to buy any of their other titles, and you're right, you will never, i mean ever, see me playing ffxi. My son has it, and from what I've seen of it, it's just every single other MMO out there crammed into one package.
    (0)