Character
    Kagemenchisan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

AH bug made me bid on wrong item...

I was attempting to buy a spell for as cheap as I could, raising the offering price by 10k each time... about the 6th or 7th time, I bid 170k, looked at where the cursor was, and it was no longer on the spell I wanted, but a tier2 spell worth 30k. Needless to say the bid went through, and now I'm down 170k...
    (0)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Tbh, sounds like when you play with a controller and your mouse hovers over the side of the window. Sometimes if the mouse is hidden but is standing on a spot where a open window is, it could move your cursor to that. Happens awhile. Only real fix is to make sure your mouse isnt hovering over the top right or top left areas.
    (3)
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
    Only real fix is to make sure your mouse isnt hovering over the top right or top left areas.
    That and reading the dialog, since the game will say "Bid <amount> gil on <item name>" as the final confirmation message.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
    Tbh, sounds like when you play with a controller and your mouse hovers over the side of the window. Sometimes if the mouse is hidden but is standing on a spot where a open window is, it could move your cursor to that. Happens awhile. Only real fix is to make sure your mouse isnt hovering over the top right or top left areas.
    Don't need a controller for that. All you need is the mouse cursor on a bad spot, and anything triggering the mouse movement sensor so the game thinks it was moved. It can be caused by physical means or software. (Including the one that shall remain nameless but is used by 90% of PC players.)

So not a bug. You could try to talk to the seller, see if he's willing to return the extra 140k you paid. It's not really much of a gil loss though. You earn more just strolling through Ceizak.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Greetings Barbequeque,

I am very sorry to hear you accidentally purchased a tier 2 spell. As others have said, you will want to double check the item before you place your bid. Also as previously mentioned, you can try to contact the seller, and explain the situation to him/her. Perhaps he will be understanding, and offer you a refund. I wish you the very best of luck. Take care Barbequeque.

GM Bublex
    (0)