Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Aegis > RUN

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah, CE is what seems to make RUN a little bit unique as far as tanking goes. Since RUN is capable of better damage than PLD and their runes/wards build decent CE, RUN should be able to hold hate fairly well in theory. The problem is that they shed that CE almost as quickly as they build it unless hate is bouncing around.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm just going to comment on this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
    Valliance and Vallation do the same thing One is a 3 Minute timer lasts 2 mins and is self only. One is a 5 Minute timer lasts 3 mins and is multitarget. So... wheres the not being able to fulltime come in? Then again my fault for assuming someone would think to alternate them.
    Sorry I should have said something, I ignored Vallation because a PLD/RUN can use it granted that's 5% less but it's still not enough to make RUN a better overall tank.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 06-06-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
    And this is the response I'll accept. But give it a day or 2 and its just gonna derail again. The enmity control part is still a bit questionable to me tho since PLDs only avenue to generate CE is damage. :P

/bow
    You could've got that response by reading my original post.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Defense isn't how PLD reduces physical damage intake. Seriously ... my BLU can get 1200~1600 defense if I really want, it's not that big a deal as it'll still kick your a$$ due to it's base DMG.

PLD's reduce physical damage through a combination of uber shield blocks (Aegis or OChain) and the amazing DT gear that heavy DD can wear. It's there that RUN fails the hardest. Without a percentage based blocking mechanism nor access to the heavy gear, their effective physical defense is that of a THF or non-counter MNK. Basically non-existent.

That's without getting into the sad enmity system that makes the best "tanks" DRK / SAM / WAR's. Actually WAR is probably the games #1 best "tank", provided they got a Bravura. MT lets you maintain 50%PDT/MDT, capped gear haste and a 6-hit while spamming a moderately damaging WS along with a 20~50% retaliation rate. The more the monster hits the WAR the more the WAR hits right back.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Bobthetaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I want AFs and Merits already!!!
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Over 100 replies and SE give us no comment on run. I just want SE to discuss there plans on how they are going to help run tank, and why is run so far behind one piece of equipment " the aegis shield."
    (0)

Character
    Lartfor
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Defense isn't how PLD reduces physical damage intake. Seriously ... my BLU can get 1200~1600 defense if I really want, it's not that big a deal as it'll still kick your a$$ due to it's base DMG.

PLD's reduce physical damage through a combination of uber shield blocks (Aegis or OChain) and the amazing DT gear that heavy DD can wear. It's there that RUN fails the hardest. Without a percentage based blocking mechanism nor access to the heavy gear, their effective physical defense is that of a THF or non-counter MNK. Basically non-existent.
    This is imo the biggest issue with the class... The gear selection simply is terrible... They desperately need to be able to wear chain... Gear selection for a RUN from like 20-70 is a wasteland.

In all honestly, we probably should have gotten a rune knight instead of this fruity "rune fencer" garbage...
    (1)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Below 99 Run is not at it's best. Since I've gotten this job to 99 with merits, some delve gear and Senbaak, this job is different from it's earlier levels. I don't believe that SE even really cares how you play Run until 99. I can't wait to see what the AF holds and I'm curious to see if +188 parry allows Run to parry most physical attacks.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well according to the jp dev posts seems blockrate for pld might blow hard so aegis might basically not block and testing with the +188 parrying has shown awesome rates for pld who has horrible parrying. Everyone can cap pdt easy so run might end up being able to mitigate physical dmg better than aegis pld if block rate tanks. So then looking at magic... even with merits and capped mdt aegis will take half as much from all magic as run does from 1 type.... but with a decent resist rate will actually average decently lower. And that's with vallation merits seeming to be bugged from the testing I did and being to low. So if blockrate on shields starts taking a dip pld might find itself out of a job
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well according to the jp dev posts seems blockrate for pld might blow hard so aegis might basically not block and testing with the +188 parrying has shown awesome rates for pld who has horrible parrying. Everyone can cap pdt easy so run might end up being able to mitigate physical dmg better than aegis pld if block rate tanks. So then looking at magic... even with merits and capped mdt aegis will take half as much from all magic as run does from 1 type.... but with a decent resist rate will actually average decently lower. And that's with vallation merits seeming to be bugged from the testing I did and being to low. So if blockrate on shields starts taking a dip pld might find itself out of a job
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    why do i get the feeling a nerf gonna end up coming soon. i already called the sch 2 hour nerf.
    about 2 months ago i called. looks like it will slowly happen
    (1)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast