Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Weird Maintenance Message Logging Into Phoenix World

Logged in on my mule (Belgareth) around 7:10pm (Central time) and got the following message:

"<<< Welcome to Phoenix! >>>

On Sept. 19, 2011, from 10:00 to 11:30 (PDT), we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During the maintenance, Final Fantasy XI will be unavailable for play. Please be aware that once the maintenance begins, you will be automatically logged out of the server. See the information section for more details."

It happened once earlier as well when I was kicked out of game and I logged back in, but was unable to get the specific time it happened.

Also of note, this maintenance message takes the place of the current "Announcing the XI Years of Final Fantasy XI" Event" system message we see upon logging in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vil; 05-27-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Also related to what you posted, whatever work they did to "fix" Phoenix server has not helped. On three separate occasions tonight I've experienced difficulty logging in; this of itself isn't too much of a problem. However what *is* becoming a problem is the fact when trying to log out of the game (anywhere or in the MH) my character becomes "stuck" healing and can't move, nor can I send /tells - but I can still access the Menu, broadcast over linkshell and I'm still connected at 100% transmission rate to the game. Both times I've had to literally disconnect my modem so the game eventually kicks me due to lack of data. PLEASE look into this S-E, this is becoming really annoying to try to work around.
    (0)

Vil,

We appreciate your reporting this and are sorry to hear this happened. For the purposes of our investigation, however, I must ask you: Is this issue persisting?

Thank you,
    GM Baudle
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have not seen it since that day, but I will be sure to post if I see it within the next few days.
    (0)