Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reasoning floating about that phones have a cost to them, I will probably never understand.
    Like I said- it's not so much the phone but rather the software token itself. Outside of the development cost, they have an infinite supply of software tokens, and it costs them basically nothing to give you one. physical tokens have to be in stock (and this has been an issue before) and have to be physically shipped to a physical location- making them much more expensive to deploy. It's not just you that saves money, its SE- Most likely the reason they did it in the first place, given their financial condition.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeSol View Post
    I switched to the software token from a hardware token for convenience sake. I don't like keeping track of the tiny little keyfob.
    this is also a use for the software token!
    (0)

Character
    Losie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    Label me slightly annoyed, I understand this was a bonus item but we still have to pay for that hardware token, I don't think it very fair to make it available to those that don't pay for the security token if you're not going to give those of us who do something else
    Waaah.

Seriously? :|You did not BUY the mog satchel. You bought the security token, a piece of hardware, with an incentive of receiving the satchel. Geeze, it was probably years ago anyways, like it's even that big of a deal. Do people really have this much of a grump just because someone gets something they once got for less/easier? It's the same mindset as new items in games.. Waah waah someone got something without spending as much time as I did five years ago when the game was totally different, I want better stuff than everyone else but I don't want to keep earning it!

There is absolutely no merit to your complaint, I'm afraid.
    (5)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Losie View Post
    Waaah.

Seriously? :|You did not BUY the mog satchel. You bought the security token, a piece of hardware, with an incentive of receiving the satchel. Geeze, it was probably years ago anyways, like it's even that big of a deal. Do people really have this much of a grump just because someone gets something they once got for less/easier? It's the same mindset as new items in games.. Waah waah someone got something without spending as much time as I did five years ago when the game was totally different, I want better stuff than everyone else but I don't want to keep earning it!

I have to agree totally with this. What SE's goal in offering the satchel to token users (hardware OR software) is not the money spent on the token, but to promote user security and reduce the manhours that need to be used to recover accounts that had been hacked.
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is exactly like a company dropping the price on something after you buy it. Generally, it's tough luck, carveat emptor, buyer beware. People who buy something before the price goes down aren't generally entitled to a refund or discount.
    (1)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Like I said- it's not so much the phone but rather the software token itself. Outside of the development cost, they have an infinite supply of software tokens, and it costs them basically nothing to give you one. physical tokens have to be in stock (and this has been an issue before) and have to be physically shipped to a physical location- making them much more expensive to deploy. It's not just you that saves money, its SE- Most likely the reason they did it in the first place, given their financial condition.
    Actually, outside of integrating the token into the software (i.e. development costs), e-merchandising, and giving the casing design to the outsourcing company, the tokens' manufacturing are actually handled not by SE, but by Vasco.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rosalie; 05-15-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    Actually, outside of integrating the token into the software (i.e. development costs), e-merchandising, and giving the casing design to the outsourcing company, the tokens' manufacturing are actually handled not by SE, but by Vasco.
    That's an irrelevant fact to point out. It costs SE money to buy and distribute the tokens, whether they own the factory that makes them or not. Your observation changes nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Losie View Post
    Waaah.

seriously? do you feel better about yourself making comments like this? it doesn't matter if you are right or not how you make the comment makes you look like a jerk
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    seriously? do you feel better about yourself making comments like this? it doesn't matter if you are right or not how you make the comment makes you look like a jerk
    It may have been a jerky way to say it, but he's right.

Regardless of how you look at it, the price you paid was tied to the token not the satchel, regardless of the reason why you paid the price.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Come on guys, it was 10
    For some, it was more like 12.98 USD. >:D×

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yes. My comment had nothing to do with that. It was about some users suggesting phones having a cost in them having something to do with anything. ^^
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast