Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    A neat split of 0/15 on one, then 0/15 on another? What are the odds? Such an even number, such an even split between the two zones. Surely, you must be able to understand my doubt when you make such claims. Have you any proof? How did you keep count? Is there anyone who was with you for these kills who can confirm that you indeed went 1/31? Or did you just pull 0/30 out of thin air, then decide to defend this number to the best of your ability because no one has the ability to prove that you're lying when you claim it happened to you? Just like you can't prove I wasn't abducted by aliens who look like Tony the Tiger, but you have darned good reason to doubt I'm telling the truth if I say I was.

I'm not saying 0/30 is impossible. Even if the abyssite had a 99.99% chance to upgrade, there is a tiny tiny chance that you could still go 0/30. But the upgrade chance for T2>T3 appears to be somewhere around 25%. Assuming a 25% chance on tierup, your odds of going 0/30 are roughly 0.017858209%.
    Sorry, I don't go around recording every moment of my gameplay, especially on something as godawful boring as VNM hunting. You have the right and choice not to believe me, but basing your argument around "I think you're a liar" is no argument at all.

Also, the trials are not becoming easier. You still have to progress through the requisite VNM tiers, you still have to be capable of defeating the VNMs and you still have to actually get the drops. What people want is more accessible trials so that they aren't standing in line for 5+ hours waiting for the chance to work on their trial.
    (6)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I went 0/70 on upgrading a t1 to a t2 before. After that i never hunted them on purpose again. (And no, i did not already have a t2.)

With upgrade rates fairly low, and sooo many ppl camping them, and camping them over and over and over at that, its really an insain process. I realize the reward is high, but still, you could effectively spend months working on this and not be any closer to getting it.
    (7)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So I decided to revisit my Ochain and came back to these as this is where I stopped originally.

T1 -> T2 upgrades can be annoying but the fact that they're almost always up is great and reduces the frustration.

T2 -> T3 upgrade is fine with 0 competition otherwise it outright sucks. Even if it's people who're after seals in many cases they refuse to let you be the one to pop when all you're after is the upgrade.

T3 I haven't had any issues with these so far as there seems to be much less competition. Obviously this could just be a factor of T2 -> T3 upgrade being so random.

I think a few people have mentioned this already but so far the only problem I have with this is the respawn timer on T2. If the respawn timer was instant after death or 1 minute respawn similar to the ??? NMs I think that would go a long way to alleviating the severity of this bottle neck.
    (4)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    We didn't know waiting in a line was considered difficult, thanks for clearing that up for us <insert VNMsLINEs here>. We're sorry that the company feels this way. To be honest, Square Enix is coming off like Microsoft with each and every passing editXbone... day. Good day Sir!

Waiting Lines and Customer Satisfaction Vs Paying a monthly fee to wait in them and using the word difficult.
    (7)
    Last edited by Krashport; 06-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    Paying a monthly fee to spend most of your time waiting around is not difficult, it's simply a waste of time and not fun. It's what has made me realize it's time to pull up stakes and quit.
    (13)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Change Delve so NMs are popped rather then up and about when entering. When you don't need PLDs to not fight NMs, the pressure on the VNMs will reduce, and everyone is happy.
    (4)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Went 1/9 on Koios. Typical number is around 6. That's 1 hour of just waiting on repops minimum. Then I popped Brulo with a thief in the group. Fought it, beat it, 1 soul dropped. So taking out any fight times, and assuming titan pops every 10 minutes, worst case scenario (including single soul drops) is 75 hours to gather souls if there is no competition. I did all my Briareus and Sobeks in a single weekend for my lolKannagi. I'm sorry, but SE's "deal with it brah" mentality doesn't impress me. A brain damaged chimp slamming its face into a keyboard could have come up with a better system than this. And to all the others who threw in the "Well other people have to camp notorious monsters and they are haaaaarrrrd!" I know from experience, you can walk on out to these NMs, and afk in a group while other people get the kills. Letting a JP player kill the NM for you 3 times while you take a nap is pretty hard work after all.
    (6)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades

Yes, the upgrate rate was increased in a previous update. But only for T1 -> T2. And that means SE indirectly made the issue at hand here, which is the T2 -> T3 congestion/upgrade rate, even worse. I.e. people upgrading to T2 faster = more people "waiting in line" to upgrade to T3.

Like so many others have mentioned, at the very least increase the number of T2 spawns in each zone. T1 -> T2s have multiple spawns, and since it doesn't matter in which area you make the upgrade, you got NINE of them to choose from. T2s have one spawn in 3 areas only (when you are popping them for the purpose of making Ochain or Daurdabla).
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Found the challenge!

Nevermind! I finally figured out what's challenging about these trials. The challenge come from competing against the WHM, who has no "Enhances Movement Speed" equipment on, and uses no items, yet still runs at Flee speeds to beat you to popping by a matter of seconds. I'm sorry SE, I was wrong. I've seen the light. There is obviously no issue with the system here. Let's just go ahead and leave it as is.
    (5)

10. 06-15-2013 03:16 AM

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    Nevermind! I finally figured out what's challenging about these trials. The challenge come from competing against the WHM, who has no "Enhances Movement Speed" equipment on, and uses no items, yet still runs at Flee speeds to beat you to popping by a matter of seconds. I'm sorry SE, I was wrong. I've seen the light. There is obviously no issue with the system here. Let's just go ahead and leave it as is.
    You forgot that he does all this running around while in a full time /heal position
    (2)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast