Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
    Player
    Is would assume it's due to their unique nature, what weapon type(Read as what the weapon is.) they are, and how specialized they are that determines what jobs go on them. Although empryean I don't understand it could merely be that maybe Audolin was the first to get wiped out during the invasion I mean those guys in audolin do live a pretty sheltered life up until we came along for colonization... and even then it still was no picnic for them what with an ever growing population and food shortages looming... I'm sure a monster attack didn't help anything. It could also be because those weapons were designed by the job and not crafted by expert hands... I mean cmon... whoever heard of a moogle being a master smithy? they are masters of magic...
    (0)

Player
    I am just trying to make the point that its not truly fair to the other jobs. The first 15 jobs in the game have a massive advantage over the other 7 in the fact they can build Relics to 119 so easily.

For Relics. Currency is not hard to get, access to Dynamis is simple, there is no entry cost, the event itself is easy and has been since they changed it let alone with Adoulin tier gear making even DC mobs a joke to fight, the trials after getting the Relic are simple just like the Mythic ones, being killing blow trials followed by some NMs, then marrows, which are in no shortage today and can be farmed quickly(I am in a LS who does about 4~5 ADLs a night when we go) and then you have 300 items to get from Adoulin which has the same drop rate as the others it seems.

For Mythics. You have to complete any entire storyline, then every single Assault once, just to get Captain Rank to begin the quest. At the start of the first quest you have to trade in your vigil weapon from Nyzul Isle, which you have to do for the weapon in the first place. After this you must beat every Beastmen leader in Aht, every Chariot, and Odin. The Second quest requires 30,000 Alexandrites, 150,000 Tokens from Nyzul Isle, 100,000 Therion Ichor, and you have to redo every Assault again. The third quest requires you to get 3 items from ZNMs then do a battle against a NM, and finally get a CS that gives you the weapon in all its glory. After that, you have to do the same kind of thing as Relic, Weapon Skill killing blows, and then you have to get 3 items from Pandemonium Warden, which takes much longer to kill, is more out of the way, and takes a lot longer to get pops for than ADL does. After this is the same 300 item type of deal as Relics, though a different item.

For Empyreans. You have to camp 6 pathetic NMs you never cared about any other time which are lotto pops and can take many hours to pop and must be killed many times, which provide no challenge or entertainment. After this you must fight 3 different VNMs which are annoying to pop and take 1 hour to repop. After this you have to collect 50~75 items from NMs across 3 different Abyssea zones each with their own KIs needed to pop them. After all of these trials you have to get 1500 Heavy Metal Plates which are gotten at a 10%~ish drop rate from a few NMs in VW which no one does anymore, and then get 60 Rift items which come from only 4 NMs in VW, and have about a 1~3% drop rate, and no one does. After this is the same 300 items kinda thing as the other 2.

Relics are by far the easiest of these 3, only 15 jobs have that option, Empyreans are almost as hard as a Mythic now days because of the VW issue, but not quite as bad as Mythics, and these are only available to 20 jobs, Mythics are for all 22, and by far the hardest. There is no balance, all 22 should have access to 3 weapons, 1 of each class at very least.
    (10)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We currently do not have plans to change the equippable jobs for relic weapons and empyrean weapons. However, In the future, we will be adding mythic-like weapons for GEO and RUN.
    Well... I hope that this starts being a thing.... cause it's kinda hella stupid to not do it.

I've had the argument made "well RUN, GEO, BLU, DNC, SCH, PUP, and COR didn't exist in the past on 'the mainland' so they can't be on relics"...
    Which is absolute garbage.
    RUN has apparently been around since the Zilart.
    And seeing as how the Zilart are First Ancestral Race beings....
    Yeah.
    RUN is one of the oldest jobs in Vanadiel.
    (You can even argue that "David Bowie" is a "Zilartian RUN"... Cause his special abilities act nearly identical to RUN's runes.)

And the same person who said that argued that RUN and GEO should NOT get a mythic because they aren't ToAU jobs... Which completely ignores the fact that DNC and SCH have mythics...
    And the fact that RUN has been a thing since the Zilart.
    (their reasoning is that SCH and DNC are "from the past" so "surely one or two found their way over to Aht Urghan".... Again. Zilart RUN. Argument invalid.)

But the bolded part of the quote has me worried.
    Because it's not "but RUN and GEO will be getting Mythics"...
    It's "RUN and GEO will get something *LIKE* a Mythic".
    And that is no where near the same thing.

Furthermore, putting the appropriate jobs on the Relics and Empys will not only do everything Demon6324236 said about player choice....
    They will also allow RUN and GEO access to the empy WSs.... which... kinda is an unlockable now.
    GEO and RUN got the "250" Quest WSs.... they should really get the Empy too.... at the VERY least if no one is ever gonna get on Relics but what they already have.
    This is especially egregious when it comes to RUN.... Because this is THE GS job.... and yet it has access to none of the GS RE(M)s...
    And that's just kinda hella stupid for the only A+ GS job to not have access to "the best" GS WSs.
    (2)

Saying that they are 'Mythic-Like' is most probably due to how they will be made, rather than how good they will be. I would assume that it will consist of needing all WKR wins, all Delve Boss wins, lots of plasm, lots of verdigris stones, lots of skirmish wings, every coalition assignment completed (and as such, max coalition rank at all coalitions). Probably have to then redo all coalition assignments with a book in your hand too.
    (0)

Player
    Dear god lets hope not. Bad enough doing it in level 75 content... if that were the case they better start at 119 no questions asked.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I am just trying to make the point that its not truly fair to the other jobs. The first 15 jobs in the game have a massive advantage over the other 7 in the fact they can build Relics to 119 so easily.

For Relics. Currency is not hard to get, access to Dynamis is simple, there is no entry cost, the event itself is easy and has been since they changed it let alone with Adoulin tier gear making even DC mobs a joke to fight, the trials after getting the Relic are simple just like the Mythic ones, being killing blow trials followed by some NMs, then marrows, which are in no shortage today and can be farmed quickly(I am in a LS who does about 4~5 ADLs a night when we go) and then you have 300 items to get from Adoulin which has the same drop rate as the others it seems.

For Mythics. You have to complete any entire storyline, then every single Assault once, just to get Captain Rank to begin the quest. At the start of the first quest you have to trade in your vigil weapon from Nyzul Isle, which you have to do for the weapon in the first place. After this you must beat every Beastmen leader in Aht, every Chariot, and Odin. The Second quest requires 30,000 Alexandrites, 150,000 Tokens from Nyzul Isle, 100,000 Therion Ichor, and you have to redo every Assault again. The third quest requires you to get 3 items from ZNMs then do a battle against a NM, and finally get a CS that gives you the weapon in all its glory. After that, you have to do the same kind of thing as Relic, Weapon Skill killing blows, and then you have to get 3 items from Pandemonium Warden, which takes much longer to kill, is more out of the way, and takes a lot longer to get pops for than ADL does. After this is the same 300 item type of deal as Relics, though a different item.

For Empyreans. You have to camp 6 pathetic NMs you never cared about any other time which are lotto pops and can take many hours to pop and must be killed many times, which provide no challenge or entertainment. After this you must fight 3 different VNMs which are annoying to pop and take 1 hour to repop. After this you have to collect 50~75 items from NMs across 3 different Abyssea zones each with their own KIs needed to pop them. After all of these trials you have to get 1500 Heavy Metal Plates which are gotten at a 10%~ish drop rate from a few NMs in VW which no one does anymore, and then get 60 Rift items which come from only 4 NMs in VW, and have about a 1~3% drop rate, and no one does. After this is the same 300 items kinda thing as the other 2.

Relics are by far the easiest of these 3, only 15 jobs have that option, Empyreans are almost as hard as a Mythic now days because of the VW issue, but not quite as bad as Mythics, and these are only available to 20 jobs, Mythics are for all 22, and by far the hardest. There is no balance, all 22 should have access to 3 weapons, 1 of each class at very least.
    I only play BLU and COR and I have both arma 99 and Death Penalty, I wish I can use anni too so I can have all 3 legendary guns to fulfill my gun fetish (And do hateless ranged WS)

Joke aside, they're lowering salvage/assault entrance requirement, and HMP probably gonna be soloable in the future too. In the end it's probably gonna be the same difficulty. Further more, Mythic is strongest weapon atm and empy being weakest, there's nothing wrong with Mythic being hardest to obtain but empy needs to be stronger.
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    We currently do not have plans to change the equippable jobs for relic weapons and empyrean weapons. However, In the future, we will be adding mythic-like weapons for GEO and RUN.
    Future matters little when HERE AND NOW we are suffering!
    Also, mandatory 'where's Cait Sith'.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    there's nothing wrong with Mythic being hardest to obtain.
    Except that to two of the jobs in the game its the only option, and with Empyreans being the only other option for 5 more jobs, which is almost as bad as a Mythic.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Except that to two of the jobs in the game its the only option, and with Empyreans being the only other option for 5 more jobs, which is almost as bad as a Mythic.
    Mythics and Empyreans are available for all jobs except GEO/RUN, and SE has stated that they're adding GEO/RUN Mythic-esque weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Mythics and Empyreans are available for all jobs except GEO/RUN, and SE has stated that they're adding GEO/RUN Mythic-esque weapons.
    Which contradicts nothing I said. Two jobs in the game have Mythics as their only choice in a super weapon to build, 5 other jobs, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, and SCH, have only 2 options, Mythic and Empyreans. That is what I said before. It has nothing to do with Mythics being hard or Empyreans being the second hardest, except for the fact that RUN and GEO only get the hardest one to make, and the other 5 jobs only get the hardest two. 15 jobs in this gave have access to Relics, insanely easier to make than a Mythic or an Empyrean, access to all 3 choices, while the other jobs are left with much harder to obtain weapons as their only choice. That is why its broken. Difficulty is icing on the cake because it makes it worse, but the end result is always that they are stuck with less options, which is what's messed up.
    (1)

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast