Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

Ode of Life Bestowing

Did anybody ever figure out the "proper" way to beat this mission (beyond the usual "throw moar pets at it!"), or did the community decide that it wasn't worthwhile before then?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

I dunno but I'm stuck at the fight
    (0)

Pets are not required, but can make it easier I suppose.

You really don't want melee on it due to aoe damage, ability resets, and charm. Ranged damage from rng, cor, or blm is a huge plus for the healer. Smn/bst can send pets as usual. Someone who can cover stuns for it's -ga spells, unless your tank is top notch for MDT. A heavy dd with voke is helpful because it can send out little clones, sometimes back to back.

It can draw in as well so hate can be an issue, maybe not quite as much since the last emnity patch.

Basically run in, buff up and have tank run in. Use pets/ranged damage/nukes to knock it down. Melee DD pick off clones as they pop. Stun -ga spells if necessary. I forget the ability names, but take care for the charm one and be ready to sleep anyone who gets hit. Once it gets down low on hp it will do a high magic dmg aoe. Then kill for the win.

It's been a while, but I think our setup was pld, blm, whm, rng, smn, and I want to say mnk.
    The fight should be quite a bit easier now, so I'm sure many setups can work just fine. This one wasn't really a zerg at 75, so if you need to take it slow and it should be fine.
    (0)