Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Fire trials

Hello everyone,

Anyone know a good place where fire weather happens the most? I have been trying to work on a Kata and a lot of them i need fire weather. My only option at this point is to start working on the trial anytime firesday comes along.

Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    My only option at this point is to start working on the trial anytime firesday comes along.
    This is about the only option, Fire weather is spotty as hell during the Summer months of the game, and almost never happen any other time except the middle of summer, so the days are all you are left with.
    (0)

Places you may want to use for more info on all this:
    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Time
    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Weather
    (pasting GE links, because xiclopedia has been acting weird, same info at both)
    http://ff11info.com/bazaar/en/weather.php

Some of the more commonly camped places (mostly because the cycles tend to last longer when they are up):

Volbow Region Cape Terrigan/Kuftal Tunnel/Sorrows
    Kuzots - Altepa/QSC
    Eslhimo region - Jungles, Ifrits, Den, Temple
    Halvung (Mt.Z, Halvung)

It also pops in other areas like Zulkheim (Dunes, Gustav), Aragoneu (Meriph, Castle Oz) and Derfland (Rolanberry/Crawlers), but the cycles are often pretty short and tends to frustrate people more. Note also you can catch it in Meriph. (S) as well. Yes, it does pop there, and is useable. I've done several trials there myself, (most notably birds, right at the Recall-Meriph telepoint).

Have to keep in mind that fire weather is VERY seasonal, and the cycle stretches out over many game years before it repeats itself. And yes, it is a repeating pattern. Some game years it is very rare, other game years it is very common. It pops most frequently over roughly an 8 day period in it's roughly 14.4 days (real life time) during the in-game seasons Spring through Fall.

To give you a better hint for when to watch for it, some of the more common dates I've tracked it:
    March 16-Aug 16, and odd occurences that pop frequently around Sept. 1-9, October 18-20, Dec. 17-20.
    Strangely enough, I've seen it pop a lot in Kuzots on Feb. 16th., in the middle of Winter...but, it is a desert I guess.

If you want to try tracking it yourself, you can use the FF11info site to track a good bit of it, just keep in mind it is only partial data. The charts there only represent 1 game year's pattern (and even that isn't complete), and the table frequently drops data, but it eventually starts showing it again. But, it can get you in the ball park to help you see the seasonal cycles so you can plan a little better if you are wanting to catch weather cycles for trials or geode farming. Just remember it does periodically show no data, so you may still need to check the weather NPC's or go to the zone you are targetting and check with your magian specs periodically.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Ceizak and Yahse have fire weather now, too. Probably Moh gates as well, being a fire level, but I've never done more than run through it.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There's a problem though if you are going strictly for geodes. Being high level mobs, Adoulin enemies are more likely to drop avatar-ites, rather than geodes.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I also do not have Adoulin yet.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    There's a problem though if you are going strictly for geodes. Being high level mobs, Adoulin enemies are more likely to drop avatar-ites, rather than geodes.
    Who cares, geodes were solved months ago. Plant cactus stems in 10 pots, get 1-6 geodes of the element of your crystal a week later. Repeat on all your mules. They even added an npc that sells cactus stems, so you don't even need to farm those any more.

The hard part of fire trials was having to take 5 times as long to complete them because you did it on fires day instead of fire weather. And except for magian staves and Rune Fencer, skirmish/Naakual weapons are better and easier to get now anyway.
    (1)