Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Predictions on RUN Merits!

So, while we wait for the next update, let's predict what the next patch will bring.

Tier 1:
    Rune Damage: Each Merit raises the elemental damage of runes by 5%
    Rune Resistance: Each Merit raises the elemental resistance of runes by 5%
    Lunge Recast: Each Merit lowers Lunge Recast by 6 seconds
    Liement Recast: Each Merit lowers Liement Recast by 12 seconds
    Pflug Effect: Each Merit raises effect of Pflug by 5%

Tier 2:
    Damage Conversion (Job Trait): Converts a % of physical damage to elemental damage dependent on Runes used. (e.g. Fire rune turns a % of physical damage to ice damage) Each merit level raises the % by 1% per rune.
    Status Bash (Job Ability): Converts Rune into a status ailment on the enemy. The type depends on the Rune used. Each Merit level increases the effect of the status ailment.
    Rune Enhancement (Job Trait): Increases the individual stats of the user, dependent on the runes used. Each Merit increases the stat by 1.
    Defensive Ward (Job Ability): Increases elemental resistance of runes, but lowers damage from runes. Each Merit increases the elemental resistance, but does not lower the damage further.

What ideas do you have for Merits for RUN?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If SE has any sense... it'll be Bardark and Barlight.
    (4)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Tier 1:
    Effusion Recast (-6 seconds per upgrade)
    Ward Recast (-6 seconds per upgrade)
    Rune Effect (+2 Damage, +2 Resistance, +2 MDB per upgrade)
    Swordplay Recast (-10 seconds per upgrade)
    Swordplay Effect (+3 Accuracy and +3 Evasion per upgrade)

Tier 2:
    Bardark (+2 Resistance per upgrade)
    Barlight (+2 Resistance per upgrade)
    Reflect (Spell, Recast 5 minutes, 20% damage reflected per upgrade)
    Rune Instinct (Trait, +5 MDB per upgrade)
    (2)

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    So far no guesses that do anything to effect physical mitigation issues. This would be extremely dissapointing.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    So far no guesses that do anything to effect physical mitigation issues. This would be extremely dissapointing.
    I've been saying that we should get Physical Damage to Magical conversion, but apparently folks have a problem with me and my posts. /Shrug/

We should give Bardark/light as actual spells. I'm not wasting merits on that and people should be ashamed of suggesting they waste two of our Tier 2 merits on it.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Orakio
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I've been saying that we should get Physical Damage to Magical conversion, but apparently folks have a problem with me and my posts. /Shrug/

We should give Bardark/light as actual spells. I'm not wasting merits on that and people should be ashamed of suggesting they waste two of our Tier 2 merits on it.
    I agree on the bardark/light.

The physical damage to magical conversion is a good idea that fits thematically. The problem is how it works numerically as (outside of Shell) PDT on gear is far easier to acquire a solid set of imo than -MDT. The other problem is, Rune fencer magical mitigation isn't exactly impressive outside of their current harbored runes with ward:valiance or valliation up. This means the idea would have to be like Kelyn indicates, but doing so as a trait would be harder to implement(i imagine). Why is the trait harder? Because you couldn't code it to act as a 1 time check upon ability use, it would have to do the check on runes harbored on each instance of the trait going off.

I suppose part of the thing I see is that runes and enchantment effects don't HAVE to be elemental in origin, and that is the only way they are depicted currently. For example, a new rune "Ferrum" which is Latin for Iron and could represent physical properties and defenses rather than the more common elemental ones.
    (0)
    Last edited by orakio; 04-23-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    You logic can be used for every T2 merit spell currently in game. With that said I'm not ashamed to have given a go at what SE might actually think is a good idea despite my personal feelings on the matter.

Barlight/dark and ra versions should have been in the game from the get go considering a BRD could give resistances to light and dark elements. However that hasn't happened thus it's more than likely if we ever get them they're going to be something stupid like in T2 merits just like every other mage job that should have gotten spells without needing to dump merits into them. I guess you could argue that "maybe SE will change" and to that I'd say with the way things have gone I won't be holding my breath for change.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would also decide against having Barlight and Bardark as merit spells, because I can really see how their potency wouldn't be nearly as strong as the other 6 barspells if those two were to be merit-able. Now compared to Red Mage's Phalanx II, it wasn't nowhere as strong as Phalanx I at all, even if you fully merited it
    (1)

I definitely do NOT want to see Bardark/Barlight to be merit spells. I lean to having RUN Tier 2 merits be more of like the other physical classes, where there are two job abilities and two job traits.

The idea behind converting physical damage to magical damage is to allow the RUN to use his abilities to help reduce and mitigate some of the damage. Pretty much, it takes the damage in half, and gives the enemy an en-spell effect depending on the rune. This will allow the RUN to not only reduce the amount of physical damage he takes, but also allow resistances and job abilities to mitigate magical damage to come into play.

With that said, I'm curious as to what stats our artifact, relic, and empyrian armors will have.
    (1)

It would be nice to see a Desperate Blows-style group 2 merit category for swordplay. Even just a little haste on it would be a vast improvement. Combined with AF increasing the acc/eva on it, group 1 merits reducing recast, and a relic piece increasing the duration.

Also as a group 2 I can see us getting a trait that gives MAB for lunge, or just a direct % damage increase per merit.

The other group 2 categories will likely be entirely new JAs, so what SE has in store for them, I have no idea.
    (4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast