Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Thermopyl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Windows 8 Not Working With Final Fantasy XI

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8. I purchased the complete game from Amazon and now neither PlayOnLine or Final Fantasy XI will run.

I have a GTX 660 video card and all the updates have been installed. I have uninstalled it and tried to run in compatibility mode also with no luck

Please help
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Call them up they dropped windows XP support so you should have FULL flawless Windows 8 support. Hopefully they'll give you the support you need to get it running right.

Oh yes, YOU NEED TO DO THIS << Click on this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-22-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Thermopyl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    with an 8 core processor and 2 gig video card I know I meet the "minimum requirements"
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshen View Post
    with an 8 core processor and 2 gig video card I know I meet the "minimum requirements"
    READ this please..
    YOU NEED TO DO THIS
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Thermopyl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    tried that already and nothing helped.
    (0)

Character
    Thermopyl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    How can you call them I can't find a number to call, tried the support page and it keeps erroring out
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    How can you call them I can't find a number to call, tried the support page and it keeps erroring out
    Phone support apparently got nixed as apart of Corporate restructuring, so you are stuck with Chat or Email support.

Can read about it in the Petition thread.
    (2)

Character
    Thermopyl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    so no phone support, no online support (have tried 3 times to submit problem), no chat support... no support options at all.

Guess they have lost another customer
    (0)

might help too if you could be more specific with your problem.

For instance, if it's graphics related, it's likely the nVidia drivers. 600 series cards have known issues that are being looked into over at the nVidia forums. They've pushed out several drivers in efforts to resolve issues...not sure if the final fix is in yet.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    so no phone support, no online support (have tried 3 times to submit problem), no chat support... no support options at all.

Guess they have lost another customer
    Yadda yadda yadda sorry. >>

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...a/vista01.html
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast