Character
    Boyde
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Evasion Skill??

HI
    I wanted to ask this question for sometime now and have looked to see if someone has thought the same as me.

Why is Ranger evasion skill so low? I mean E grade is pathetic. It has made it next to impossible for me to solo anything greater than a DC mob using /dnc just to keep me alive. Has SE never thought of raising this to a higher skill ,possibly a B grade to keep it the same as most other DD style jobs. I wouldn't mind some sort of parry skill as well but that could be lower at C ish ratings in order to keep par with Cor.

I have tried looking at other forums to see if there has been anything written about this in the past but cannot find it.

I don't have alot of friends on my server in order to low man these days, I live in the UK as well and most of my remaining friends are in the USA making timing an issue as well.

I would just like to play one of my favorite jobs, hopefully become my all time job if it could just solo a little better. I see loads of other jobs with better skills and stats and just see rng being held back alot by a simple evasion parry fix (for now).

I would welcome any comments/recommendations on how to make rng solo a little better or whether anyone thinks like me over this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Don't count on ever using Ranger for solo. Frankly, the entire job (my first and favorite for a long time) hasn't been useful for years. Back when ranger damage was top tier, it's paper thin defense made sense for balance. Since nerfing damage, SE has done nothing to make the job more survivable. I suggest moving on. You have a Dnc sub, your best bet it to take that job to 99 for all your solo needs.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Don't count on ever using Ranger for solo. Frankly, the entire job (my first and favorite for a long time) hasn't been useful for years. Back when ranger damage was top tier, it's paper thin defense made sense for balance. Since nerfing damage, SE has done nothing to make the job more survivable. I suggest moving on. You have a Dnc sub, your best bet it to take that job to 99 for all your solo needs.
    I remember was just looking into leveling RNG when the Archery nerfs came in and ruined their damage. I always remember thinking that it made absolutely no sense. RNG was supposed to be the physical equivalent of Black Mage, but then they nerf'd them so hard. :/

I'm just finishing RNG99 today -- hopefully I can find something fun and interesting to do with it. I don't think its really "useless" as much as it is not the end-all-be-all... but then again it seems like everyone's opinion is that everything in this game is either "The best" or "absolutely crap" and there's no room in the middle.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    My LS uses RNG for a lot of events, like Neo-Limbus and Legion, then again though neither of these places have any use for a RNG having Evasion so yeah.
    (0)

Character
    Pimptarutaru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    shiz my rng aint no joke idk why ppl complain about it. i busts out those nice ws with my 90 gandiva and best ammo. outside i can do like 3k+ abby (yes lolabby) i can go bout 5-10k per ws. Can solo alot better in abby with sea daughter with double shot. relic+2 hat augmented gives an extra 5 tp if you have the merits on recylce. double shot time is not that long either. with Relic +2 body augmented you have a chance to double shot w/o double shot up build tp fast in abby. Now outside abby Rng should most def be used in a group with a pld tank so they can hold hate off you. I usually dont have to much of a problem with getting hate in pts. If im not in a group with a good pld i /nin so they can try and get hate off me. Seriously I dont have alot of probs. Helps that you have tons of -eminty as well in tp set like i do. so my point is if you know how to play rng right and not try to be a all out hate whore you should be fine you wont need evasion. Ranger vet and still play ranger to this day. Also if your really having to much trouble with hate might wanna look into relic gun or relic bow to keep hate off you.
    (0)
    Last edited by pim-ptarutaru; 04-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.