Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Please Extend The Timer.....

Please please! Extend the timer on Jigs! It sucks to be in the middle of mobs and it starts alerting me it's ending especially in Adoulin areas. I hate posting on here but this is something that not a day goes by I don't think about. I think about posting then it comes to my mind all the "smart people" remarks and I decide not to post. I signed in today to welcome someone so thought I would give it a shot and hope it would be considered.
    (3)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Spectral Jig isn't meant to be as potent as ninjutsu, white magic, or items, because it doesn't cost anything, doesn't have any cast time, and doesn't create magic aggro.
    (6)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Also there are two pieces of gear that extend jig duration a piece of AF1 and a piece of AF2. You may want to look into these if you haven't already, in order to alleviate the issue while you await a response.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 04-18-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Instead of changing the timer, just make it so that you can successfully recast while the previous effect is still active.
    (5)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You can, provided you cancel the sneak portion first.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    You can, provided you cancel the sneak portion first.
    That would not be "while the previous effect is still active" now would it be? I'm aware that you can click off sneak in order to recast. You don't need to click off invisible because the invisible effect is automatically cancelled whenever you take any action, which allows the effect to be immediately reapplied. The thing about a jig is that even if your invis is already off, it won't allow the invisible effect to be reapplied with the new jig. Sneak being up blocks it, as well as application of the new sneak effect.
    (3)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 04-21-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Greetings,

Excuse the bump! Below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to the effect duration of Monomi, Tonko, and Spectral Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Invisible and sneak had their effect duration increased, but the effect duration for Monomi, Tonko, and Spectral Jig are too short. Can you make them just as long?
    Matsui here.
    At the time there were a lot of opportunities where Invisible and Sneak needed to be cast on all party members, and considering the fact that it took a lot of work to constantly reapply them, we decided to increase the effect duration for those spells.

Due to the fact that Monomi and Tonko are not detectable by magic aggressive monsters and Spectral Jig places both invisible and sneak effects on the player at the same time, we made them have a shorter effect duration. However, the times have changed and with the addition of shortcuts, warps, and ease of travel, we feel that increasing the sneak/invisible duration would not have a large impact on game balance.

We’d like to look into the effect duration and casting time for each of these while keeping each of their benefits in mind, as there is a possibility that their uniqueness will be lost if they are made to simply match Invisible and Sneak.
    (8)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You know, I don't need Jig to match Sneak/Inv. (Don't shoot me!) I just would like it to be a little... consistent? I mean when I start getting the "about to wear" warning and my Jig timer isn't even up, that's just wrong.
    (17)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    You know, I don't need Jig to match Sneak/Inv. (Don't shoot me!) I just would like it to be a little... consistent? I mean when I start getting the "about to wear" warning and my Jig timer isn't even up, that's just wrong.
    That's mainly an issue with jobs who go /DNC, not really that much with DNC main... but overall yeah, I agree. I don't need them to last as long as Sneak/Inv, but making them a bit more consistant would be perfect. Like keeping the random duration thing, but raising the minimum lasting time.

And I have another small request about Monomi. Currently Monomi and Tonko do not match. They have fixed duration, but while there is Tonko: Ni for Invisible, there is no Monomi: Ni for sneak, with the result that sneak will wear before invisible.
    They should make them match at least, if they don't want them to last as long as sneak/invi.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 12-12-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I swear spectral jig used to last a good while. then one day it up and was changed to be sooo short. I understand that it gives both invis and sneak but it seriously lasts just enuf to get thru a herd of aggressive monsters and thats bout it sometimes. then you have to hope there is a spot between two groups of face eaters to safely recast it. Thank god i started a whm mule so i can jsut use chocobo jig and rely on magic sneak and invis.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast