Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    You'd have ice spike if you had ice runes up.
    Ice Spikes are more helpful then the spike from a rune. You won't always want an ice rune up but you can at least have the spike spell up while fighting and still get the paralyze effect.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    This is the most important one:
    RUN needs a 10~30 second JA that when used before activating a rune enhancement, it automaticaly gives you 3 instances of that rune.
    On closer concideration, this JA should be a 1~3min timer.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that RUN's defensive side needs to be bolstered more. The job needs more than magic evasion to be a successful tank. It just takes hits too hard and too often from anything difficult.

Using Paladin as an example since they've already started mirroring the job (example: PLD has the highest defense bonus and protect 5 but shell 4. RUN has the highest magic defense bonus has plenty of magic defense as well and physical defense capabilities. I would be completely fine if they just made Rune Fencer the evasive counterpart, magic and physical evasion.

I'd personally like to see Rune Fencer become the anti-caster job. So even if it's not tanking itself, just bringing it is enough

-Barlight & Bardark (no reason not to have them, not being in the same so far is not a counterpoint)
    -Possibly other barstatus spells such as Charm, Stun, Dispel
    -Possibly lowering recast of Ward: Liement
    -Natural Evasion Bonus or if wanting something not carbon copied from other jobs, then Parry Bonus trait.
    -Maybe meritable or natural spell interruption down.
    -Reworking of Blink to scale number of shadows with enhancing magic.
    -Increase the potency of avoiding an attack with foil given it's short duration. (I find I'm more likely to avoid a TP attack with Flash rather than Foil. Given that it only protects me versus how Flash protects anyone, it should be more accurate.)
    -More gear with +parrying or +evasion combined with haste gear for TP. (a more evasive/parrying/resistance version of the PLD empyrean set would be nice.)
    -Riposte: Attacking after a successful parry (could be a spell, job ability or trait)
    -Reflect? (I know players have clamored in the past for RDM or PLD to have it (myself one of them), but it might fit in with the whole parrying/countering magic)
    -Devouring Magic: Some ability to remove a buff from a monster and heal the Rune Fencer.
    -Spell Amensia: The ability to temporarily silence a target for a few seconds, locking the ability to cast that spell for an amount of time.

Just pitching ideas. The adjustments listed are a good start but I agree there needs to be something more to make it a viable tank on more difficult events, especially with most of them casting multiple elements.
    (4)

Player
    Natural Evasion Bonus or if wanting something not carbon copied from other jobs, then Parry Bonus trait.
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Inquartata
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I Got It! "Counter Magic" JA 15% activation rate

Job Ability

Counter Magic - the player sets a specific enhancing spell, that has a chance of automatically countering a physical or magical attack. The countered magic casting time is instantaneous and cost no mp. Duration 5 minutes, recast 5 minutes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 04-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Using Paladin as an example since they've already started mirroring the job (example: PLD has the highest defense bonus and protect 5 but shell 4. RUN has the highest magic defense bonus has plenty of magic defense as well and physical defense capabilities. I would be completely fine if they just made Rune Fencer the evasive counterpart, magic and physical evasion.
    Evasive tanking is sorta thief and ninja's thing though. Plus, evasion tanking sucks as a whole without shadows. I think RUN's role is more a matter of reactive tanking, so I'd rather see them get some very quick JAs/spells which give very potent, but very short duration buffs or debuffs (like flash, for example).
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wow, can't believe I ignored Inquartata lol. /fail I hope they add more tiers of it and gear to be a noticeable king of parrying like how THF and NIN are with evasion.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Evasive tanking is sorta thief and ninja's thing though. Plus, evasion tanking sucks as a whole without shadows. I think RUN's role is more a matter of reactive tanking, so I'd rather see them get some very quick JAs/spells which give very potent, but very short duration buffs or debuffs (like flash, for example).
    I agree, I'd like to see something new in the ways of tanking. I'm intrigued with very potent but short duration buffs/debuffs. It would be nice if Rune Fencer got something similar to Cocoon/Harden Shell because their defense is very bleh.

It seems like SE wanted to go the role of enhancing tank. Basing theory on how most of their spells are enhancing magic and they get so much regen instead of cures. Highest tier of any auto- trait, auto-regen 3 and regen IV.

Foil definitely needs some work like higher evasion versus tp moves, even with timing it right before a TP move I haven't seen myself dodge one yet with capped skills. Flash though, I've definitely avoided TP moves. Would be nice if they got their own unique "spikes" spell.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would personally like them to add a Blink II spell which, instead of giving you shadows, gives a % chance to blink an attack for the full duration of the spell.
    (3)

Character
    Rodrik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    But what about our AF and Merits for this upcoming update?
    (0)
    -Parrow-
    99 Sch 99 Run

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5