Thread: Skirmish Items

Player

Skirmish Items

Add statue parts to standard mobs as drops that enter lootpools. Droprates don't need to be high either.

1. Incentive to group up.
    2. Gets people in zones which assists in potential reives.
    3. Feeds the AH items used in SoA related content.
    4. Makes all those new monsters roaming worth it.
    (8)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    3 weeks after the extension I'm convinced that they are not not going to touch simulacrum parts drop rate/location.
    • What they had in mind : collecting simulacrum parts is a server-wide effort, that you are very unlikely to complete solo, in which case you don't control what items you get anyway.
    • explanation : simulacrum parts randomly drop from doing imprimatur missions, at an extremly low rate. The most reliable way to farm them is soul pyre farming. However those pyre are roughly 10% droprate from mobs, and then you get an item in them like 10% of the time which is unlikely to be a simulacrum part...
    • As a result the entire server is able to provide parts, and the richest players will be able to buy them. Since they can be sold at the AH and bazaared, the priced is getting lower and lower, and at the current rate on my server you can enter skirmish for 10 M which is only 1.6M per person in your group of 6...
    • In the end those that will get skirmish weapons are the same ones that were able to 99 their relics or empy or mythics, because it will require plenty of money.

PS : if you are interested in the value of the different parts :
    • tiered bodies past #1 are useless. They increase the reward but unless everyone in the group is top notch, you take the risk of failing - it's probably better to buy different tier I bodies.
    • the various tiered legs seem useless. They offer more buffs or stuffs like maps at a cost that could bring another run instead.
    • Thes visage are the most usefull, as they make it possible to get +2 stones and more of them as the tier increases.

The ideal combos are : spam visageI+torso O+leggings I until you get your weapon, then visage II+, body I, leggings I to spam ghasty stones +2. For ~10M, if lucky, you can get 2 weapons that blow relics.

Also beware of the noobish theories on pyres namely on BG and the likes. Some people want to rationalze randomness.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 04-20-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    according to dev quotes, they intended skirmish to be only of moderate difficulty at best- why is an even designed for the masses so hard to access?

I've done tons of imp. missions and never seen one of these things...
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Their one top goal is to stall progress, to make sure content can last 6-8 months minimum and everyone progress is to a bare minimum. Should you come with strategy that cut down this BS stalling effort, post and share it somewhere else, no need to make a big deal here. Unless you love to see your newfound strategy being "adjusted" and everyone go back at being stalled and cannot progress fast enough.
    (4)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    according to dev quotes, they intended skirmish to be only of moderate difficulty at best- why is an even designed for the masses so hard to access?

I've done tons of imp. missions and never seen one of these things...
    Well the interesting thing is that the number of entry items is really starting to add up -- what it ends up being is that they greatly over estimated the number of people who would be doing the event.

They should have mad it into items you could trade for appropriate key items, so you didn't have to deal with price gouging everytime you want to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Their one top goal is to stall progress, to make sure content can last 6-8 months minimum and everyone progress is to a bare minimum. Should you come with strategy that cut down this BS stalling effort, post and share it somewhere else, no need to make a big deal here. Unless you love to see your newfound strategy being "adjusted" and everyone go back at being stalled and cannot progress fast enough.
    While I agree with this concept on a lot of things, I feel in this case they just overestimated the adoption rate for SoA content. It is the same issue we experienced with the Colonization rate. If you notice -- EVERYTHING you do in Adoulin can get you an item, even so little as just fighting a regular mob. That's not really to SE's usual stalling style, if they really wanted it to be rare it would only come from one thing.

I imagine the drop rates will be adjusted appropriately, though they may wait until post update to see if they can promote more people to migrate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-23-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They should promote people to migrate, and make things more accessible and fun, and just open the "gated walls" ASAP. Give them all great reasons to buy the expansion and start moving people from Abyssea to there. Heck, give them several good reasons to just skip Abyssea content if they wanted extra challenge and just go for the SoA contents. Make it so that those skirmish items are purchase-able at reasonable rate with gills or bayld. If the goal is to give you "basic gears" that you can augment over and over, then let us "grind" that over and over, but make sure it is accessible and fun with more variety of objectives similar to Meeble Burrow - so that people don't zerg and call it a day.

You want BIG adoption rate of SoA, and fast, so they can sell the expansion at full price, make more money, and hopefully USE that money to make FFXI better and not spend it on the other game.... There are tons of things that are still need to be done on older contents as well. And where is Cait Sith and Atomos by the way?
    (0)