Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mining Points whats wrong with people these days?

In Morimar I will go mining. However some people seem to like to camp one spawn point mostly on near a rock. Often they will be standing there by a rock and a mining point will be up and they aren't mining it because they are out of charges.

Now I go all around the map looking for points I will mine if I see a point up, if someone is standing there doing nothing I am still going to mine if I got charges I don't buy the whole camp one spawn point strat like some people on the server do.

Now then I got some pretty nasty tells from people. Because they think I am stealing their mining points, they are in fatigue and can't mine it. Had this happen several times. I don't like camping 1 spot I will run all over the map and find them.

TL:DR Just because you have fatigue and are standing near a mining point doesn't mean it belongs to you. Quit sending nasty tells to people just because you want to stand in 1 spot and are out of charges.
    (16)

Character
    Delekii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blacklist and move on. Some people are idiots; that will never change.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Blacklist and move on. Some people are idiots; that will never change.
    This. Mining point's can't be claimed; even if they could, I'm sure it would take some action other than staring at it. It's their fault for not acting, not your fault for stepping in when they didn't.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This. Mining point's can't be claimed; even if they could, I'm sure it would take some action other than staring at it. It's their fault for not acting, not your fault for stepping in when they didn't.
    The whole reason they aren't doing anything is because they are out of charges and in fatigue. But somehow them standing by the point while waiting for them to regen means that is their mining point.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Laugh at their misery and /item Pickaxe <t>.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Don't know why they wouldn't just zone out to reset fatigue.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The whole reason they aren't doing anything is because they are out of charges and in fatigue. But somehow them standing by the point while waiting for them to regen means that is their mining point.
    Yeah. sorry, but that's silly. Tough luck on them if they're fatigued.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Don't know why they wouldn't just zone out to reset fatigue.
    Because, y'know, that takes time and someone might "steal" "their" Mining Point.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Funnily enough this probably represents somewhat slightly actual miners back in the 19th century "staking their claim"

So thumbs up SE for the realism. I now see FFXI as a period piece.
    (0)

Character
    Harle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I havent tried mining yet, but I imagine it cant be much different from logging. I have all the logging points marked on a map of ceizak battlegrounds that I printed out. I have a route that I travel which takes me to each bouvac and checks all the logging points in the vicinity and back to the bouvac again. When I get to the bouvac if I am fatigued I just warp to city to recharge or I just warp to the next bouvac and keep logging. Usually takes me about an hour to go through all 15 imprimaturs if I have them up.

Camping a single mining point just seems incredibly lazy and just a waste of time to me. Maybe there are much less mining points but I would guess they are just pretty spread apart and that player is too lazy to walk to all the spots.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast