Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    or create something completely unique for mog bonanza..
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    or create something completely unique for mog bonanza..
    That is a terrible idea. If you do add an item, everyone should have the right to access it, not happen upon it by chance.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    That is a terrible idea. If you do add an item, everyone should have the right to access it, not happen upon it by chance.
    It would be a rank 1 prize, something you have a 100% chance to obtain by picking a different last digit for each of your marbles.

or a no digits match prize, something everyone has a 99.99% chance of obtaining if they don't do the above.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    it a few exclusive very rare items around that you cant get anymore. few examples Laurel Crown & Stars Cap if you guys miss out on it that to bad. same goes for tidal talisman
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I didn't read all posts in the thread but in case someone didn't mention it, there were cases like me where you couldn't buy the damn thing because your country wasn't considered cool enough for shipment purposes like Germany, the UK and France apparently were.

And I live in Italy.

SE has weird polices when it comes to these sort of things. I understand that every country has its own regulations and everything, but I still think that they should be able to overcome them in some way or another. Their shop now ships to almost every country, but I'm still bitter about the Talisman.
    I love collecting trinkets like these, it's part of my videogaming hobby >_>
    (1)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    it a few exclusive very rare items around that you cant get anymore. few examples Laurel Crown & Stars Cap if you guys miss out on it that to bad. same goes for tidal talisman
    Your really comparing 2 items that were earned from a cross server test of skill to a merchandise tie in item... Completely different categories when it comes to comparing items.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzell View Post
    Your really comparing 2 items that were earned from a cross server test of skill to a merchandise tie in item... Completely different categories when it comes to comparing items.
    It's a valid comparison. Both are special items only given out from a one time special event which [sadly in the case of ballista royale] never happened again. i'm sure the owners of those caps (if any still play) would not be so happy if they started giving those caps out as a regular participation reward for ballista.
    (0)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's a valid comparison. Both are special items only given out from a one time special event which [sadly in the case of ballista royale] never happened again. i'm sure the owners of those caps (if any still play) would not be so happy if they started giving those caps out as a regular participation reward for ballista.
    No its really not, that's like saying Olympic Medals are in the same category as happy meal toys because they are both limited editions. The ballista hats were earned where as the talisman was bought. Its one thing to reissue something, both companies and artists do it all the time. I could find hundreds of examples of "limited edition" items that were reissued years later. On the other hand, those hats are trophies from a specific ffxi equivalent of a sports event. A trophy isn't something you reissue, although it can be replaced to its original owner.

To be clear, a tidal talisman is not a trophy.
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    in b4 the definition of trophy is disputed.

also in b4 feelings
    (0)

Player
    Umm the term exlusive and collectors item makes it a trophy tyvm. idk about you but I had to use my RL skills to obtain money (you know that stuff that has value) to purchase my tidal talisman. and again..

1) It was stated it's exclusive
    2) They stated they weren't gonna re-release it (so why would they re-release the in-game item)
    3) I got a number with my talisman (which makes my neckpiece ingame just as exclusive as my RL neck)

your refusal to not having your own unique trinket obtainable through mog bonanza implies that you want this item because of warp that or you don't like people having unique items... so again.. it's a 24 hour cd warp that only it's real OP value is the fact that it teles others also (only if they have visited the location also) i can travel to and from bastok to jeuno in less than 8 minutes (thats worst case being a newbie fresh into jeuno and getting your airship pass when you can) if you are level 75 plus you have aces to all sorts of quick travel that significantly reduces the time needed to get to jeuno (20 plus gets access to qufim I believe)

why do you need a useless item (to you from my perspective) that has no real value outside of the fact that it warps you to locations that you don't really need it for once your 75+

wouldn't you settle for a unique costume, or something that is more modern and relevant?
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast