Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    the crystal war movie would be very much like the lord of the rings. actually if you really want to make any FF good, they would all be very very long or broken up into many 2hr parts
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanie View Post
    the crystal war movie would be very much like the lord of the rings. actually if you really want to make any FF good, they would all be very very long or broken up into many 2hr parts
    No, then they'd spend 3 movies walking to the Shadowlord instead of just taking an airship. >.<
    (0)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    there werent that many airships during the war, they were invented towards the end
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanie View Post
    Lord of the Rings was a horrible movie. The only part played half-decent was Gandalf and Saruman. Every other part was an insult to tolkein's work. Frodo was reduced to a whiney crybaby courtesy of Elijah Woods - and he will forever have my scorn for such an act.

But - that being said, i will have to admit this and District 9 are the only two movies I have ever seen where the CG characters actually showed some real personality. Gollem was actually one of my favorite characters from the movie. So...perhaps this leads us to the real answer on how to make FF11 a successful movie. Employ Peter Jackson to do the CG characters for Square Enix.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-22-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Player
    This is strictly my opinion, not based on any fact.. lol even thoug alot of my friend share this view

i think FFXI could become a decent movie(CGI of course), if not good , if they

1. dont do like resident evil and invent a story line that has nothing to do with the game.

2. Like SF not use moves and abilites the people are waiting to see and/or change backround history.(example making shantoto say a hume from sandoria XD)

3. Like Avater: last airbender let M. Night direct it

4. Like Harry Potter try to fit extreme amounts of story in a 70min movie, and think people will be satisfied with huge cuts, big breaks in story and jumping from place to place and leaving the veiwer dumbfounded.

These movies werent fail because of the object they were based on, they failed because of the director's vision/story writers. With Spirits Within they opened the CGI door: wasnt great but the CGI looked awesome. Advent Children was for FF like for obvious reasons, CGI looked great and story line was OK coulda been better. soo FFXI movie should be the next step up they already have story and checkpoints just need to fill in blank. What lead up to he start of the opening, what happend during the perios in between so much room for a movie maybe even 2.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVsBONItA6o

the greatest ffxi movie ever created. When I first found this quite awhile ago I was jamming to it in the office and got about 7 people hooked lol.
    (0)

Character
    Zuhichii
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    <.< hahahahahahaahaha
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    well in reference to casting and not bashing shal i start another thread
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    well in reference to casting and not bashing shal i start another thread
    The topic says nothing to the contrary.
    (0)

would be one LOOOONG ASS MOVIE
    (0)