Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We just need to go back and focus on how they should fix this SoA contents. I mean, there are plenty of good little ideas on SoA, but they did really bad in implementing the bigger activities. Too many gated walls, and way too obvious little adjustment designed to slow down our progression to a crawl. The latest fix that was supposed to help mages to get more xp - did not help anyone at all, and pretty much ruined Reives activity. I really hope they are fixing these atrocious enmity issue, defense imbalance, and pretty much SoA contents. Right now this game is far from fun to play, there is almost no reasons to subscribe until they revised all of those silly adjustment.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    We just need to go back and focus on how they should fix this SoA contents. I mean, there are plenty of good little ideas on SoA, but they did really bad in implementing the bigger activities. Too many gated walls, and way too obvious little adjustment designed to slow down our progression to a crawl. The latest fix that was supposed to help mages to get more xp - did not help anyone at all, and pretty much ruined Reives activity. I really hope they are fixing these atrocious enmity issue, defense imbalance, and pretty much SoA contents. Right now this game is far from fun to play, there is almost no reasons to subscribe until they revised all of those silly adjustment.
    I think the system as a whole is in a live Beta period -- most of the time new content in FFXI works in that manner.

They just need to be 100% transparent about their plans.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They're lowering the rieve ban to 5 minutes. This is somewhat acceptable, as if you were just KO'd you'd be able to recover in safety and then rejoin the fight after unweakening. That said I wouldn't call it a perfect solution.
    (1)

Player
    Same problem with Reive that I had with Voidwatch. You're just magically supposed to know where the perimeter of the battlefield is.

We have those wards dotted about Abyssea, and we have giant lag-spheres around Geomancers. Is it that hard to just have a visual perimeter for these Reive fights so we can keep our distance?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    and we have giant lag-spheres around Geomancers.
    I think you probably answered your own question as to why not.
    (1)

Player
    Reives do not need super fancy animations, they just need to have a simple line, nothing more.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    As far as accidentally entering a reive, I think the most elegant solution would be to give people who enter a 1 minute grace period where enemies can't hurt them, won't target them, and you don't get penalized if you leave the reive. This grace period would be voided if you take any aggressive actions on enemies or supportive actions on people already taking part in the reive.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6