Hybrid View

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Rune JA testing

I did some testing and found some every interesting things about run JA's, All test were conducted with Shell V active, with enhancing skill at 221.

Wards - Run's wards work on both Magic spells and magic based tp moves, if you have the right rune up. Choose a element you want to defend against through RUNES and pick a ward and you'll have the type of damage mitigation you want. I test on birds in abbysea misareaux and Liement Ward completely absorbed bird tp move "Wing cutter" and restored HP, to do this I use liement ward and gelus runes.

Ward: Vallation - Is a ward that works on both magic spells and magic based tp moves. I tested this with 3 runes of the same element it appear to give a -50% damage reduction on magic spells and magic based tp moves. -50% magic reduction could be the hard cap. Its important to note that without the ward I was getting hit consistently for 144 dmg. However these are the results with the ward, Test log below:

1) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 75
    2) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" dmg received 60
    3) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" dmg received 75
    4) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" dmg received 74
    5) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" dmg received 72

Ward: Pflug - not really sure maybe someone can test this

Ward: Valiance - I need to test this more to be sure but it appears to work the same way as ward: vallation but with a aoe group effect.

Ward: Liement - Absorbs magic spells and magic based tp moves that the runes provides resistance too. Tested this on birds in abbysea misareaux, "Wing Cutter" was the tp move i focused on. During the testing I had 3 Gelus runes (resistance to wind, deal ice damage) active at all times. Test log below

1) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 248
    2) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 272
    3) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 247
    4) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 251
    5) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 244
    6) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 248
    7) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 245
    8) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg absorbed 246

I found it interesting that wing cutter was hitting for around 145 damage +/- 5 whenever I didnt have Liement Ward active. Amount absorbed may go up based on how many runes of the same element are active.

One For All -this is a very powerful shield, it appears to nullify damage from magic spells and magic based tp moves, and its aoe to party members within range. Tested this on worms in Abyssea - La Theine and birds in Abyssea - Misareaux. While "One For All" was active along with 3 Flabras runes, Stone IV and Stonega III both hit for 0 damage. Moreover, also tested on birds in abyssea - Misareaux tp move "wing cutter" would also hit for 0 damage when "One for All" and three Gelus runes were active. Test log below:

1) Worm Cast "Stone IV" - dmg received 0
    2) Worm Cast "Stonega III" -dmg received 0
    3) Worm cast "Stonega III" - dmg received 0
    4) Worm cast "Stone IV" - dmg received 0
    5) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0
    6) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0
    7) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0

Elemental Sforzo - I tested Run 2hr ability, this ability nullifies magic and magic based tp moves. However with the 2hr active you don't need to have any runes up to block damage. Tested on worms in aby-La Theine and birds in aby-Misareaux, worms casting elemental magic the damage received was 0, and bird using tp move "Wing Cutter" also hit for 0 damage. Test log below:

1) Worms cast "Stonega III" - dmg received 0
    2) Worm cast "Stone IV" - dmg received 0
    3) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0
    4) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0
    5) Bird tp move "Wing Cutter" - dmg received 0

*Rune Enspell Damage seem to be linked to weapon delay and the base damage of the weapon. I changed my great sword from a galatyn with the base damage of 85 to an Etourdissante with the base dmg of 120, my enspell damage increased from 22-24 per hit to 36-40 per hit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 04-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Did a few more test with the same set-up lvl 99 run Shell V active and enhancing skill 221, this time I used "One for All" and measured worms in zeruhn mines casting quake. "One for All" did not negate all the damage from quake, the damage received was consistent at 118. Without "One for All" the damage received is 433, funny because in abyssea the damage received from stonega III and stone IV was 0 with "One for All" active.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Did a few more test with the same set-up lvl 99 run Shell V active and enhancing skill 221, this time I used "One for All" and measured worms in zeruhn mines casting quake. "One for All" did not negate all the damage from quake, the damage received was consistent at 118. Without "One for All" the damage received is 433, funny because in abyssea the damage received from stonega III and stone IV was 0 with "One for All" active.
    How many damage did you take from aby worm without one for all?

was your int (or some other stat) =105 in zerhun?
    if so: 433-(105*3)=118
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    How many damage did you take from aby worm without one for all?

was your int (or some other stat) =105 in zerhun?
    if so: 433-(105*3)=118
    The worms in abyssea's, without any wards on, was hitting anywhere within the range of the mid 500's to the mid 600's with stone spells. "One for All" along with 3 Flabra runes nullified all that damage.

In zeruhn mines my Int total was 87, however in abyssea my int was far higher because I used the cruor enchantments and raised all stats
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Mentioned this in another thread, but have you tried adding Bar-spells and determining the difference, if any, those spells have on RUN's abilities? My theory is the higher the resistance, the higher the effect including Leiment. An interesting find though between inside and outside abyssea. Might be your atma, but I have a feeling One For All may have an attribute modifier.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Valiance and Vallation are exactly the same, except one is AoE and the other is single target. They also generate the same amount of enmity, except Valiance gives an equivalent amount of enmity based on the number of targets affected by it.

They've done these tests on BG already.

Liement comes in before Magic Damage reductions, but not before Magic Defense Bonus. Each rune active increases the amount healed by 10% or so.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Found something interesting about the ja "One for All," this magic shield does not depend on the runes you harbor. One for All negated all damage of elemental magic with NO runes active on worms on zeruhn mines. I seen low elemental damage slip through only once ever, aside for that this shield is like a run 2hr ability a mini "Elemental Sforzo"

I did this test last nite with no runes active, I just popped "One for All" and this is what i got:

1) Worm Cast "Stone IV" -dmg received 0
    2) Worm cast "Stonega III" - dmg received 0
    3) Worm cast "Stone IV" - dmg received 0

This shield is on a 10 minute recast so its difficult to get a lengthy sample and equally frustrating if you pop it by accident and have to wait another 10 minutes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 04-14-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Seems One for All is to Elemental Sforzo, what Spontaniety is to Chainspell, only Spontaniety is select 1 target instead of AOE
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Seems One for All is to Elemental Sforzo, what Spontaniety is to Chainspell, only Spontaniety is select 1 target instead of AOE
    As is Manawell to Manafont.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Its obvious now that "One for All" is meant to save the party's ass for a nasty aga spell. But I'm a little greedy I wish instead of a AoE 30 second shield, SE would change it to a one minute shell that cover's the rune fencer only. Also Leiment Ward and "One for All" should have there recast times lowered, 10 mins is to long.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast