Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Not saying nothing changed, but I will put it out there that maybe they changed enmity for SMN and BST to work more like the shared fashion PUP enmity seems to work. (Which would mean BSTs would need to use Snarl more and SMNs... well... not sure...)
    If they want me to use Snarl more then they'll have to lower the timer. And SMN has no enmity dump

Either way, I wish they'd give more detail on exactly how they change things -- and to not make people's lives harder without a heads up.
    This is why they should test things. Especially if they have no idea how various aspects of the game are going to be impacted.
    (3)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    For the people talking about summoner enmity I have a few questions for you.

1. When you resummon are you in the enmity range of the mob
    2. Do you reassault your avatar
    3. Do you cure and buff yourself within the enmity range of the mob (30 yalms iirc)
    4. This is more of a statement than a question - The action of using a blood pact, being it rage or ward, will give you some hate, the avatar itself only gets hate when the move executes after the charge up.

1 through 4 on my list are all sources of enmity the mob can have on you. It is not just your Dia II you have to worry about. You have to be out of the hate range of the mob when performing actions(Impossible for bloodpacts). You have to remember that there are two types of enmity. 1 that decays and 1 that doesn't. When you resummon your avatar, your decayable enmity is probably at 0, but your non-decayable enmity is not obviously. You avatar however starts with 0 of both. So if you have been building up your non-decayable enmity accidently because of the above 1-4 list, it may be harder for your avatar to grab hate from you. Before you avatar can maintain hate he must pass your non-decayable enmity value otherwise as his decayable enmity decays during the 45 seconds that you have to wait between bloodpacts, it will get low enough that hate switches to you because of your amassed non-decayable enmity. Also you have to remember that because of the enmity changes the amount of both decayable and non-decayable enmity is lowered from bloodpact damage and his melee damage. Thus the avatar's melee damage can not keep up with the rate of decay on the decayable enmity, nor build enough non-decayable enmity in time. In my opinion, more so than just the enmity system, avatars themselves should get a buff in their melee damage, it is kind of crappy atm. I shall end with a few suggestions to help with the current enmity situation:

1. Build a fast cast precast set to summon your avatars so you can ensure the mob doesn't get close enough to get bonus hate from you summoning
    2. A continuation of #1: Make sure you are far enough away from the mob when you start resummong
    3. A continuation of 1 and 2, mix in some enmity minus gear in your avatar midcast casting set just in case.
    4. Every place that you do not have bloodpact enhancing gear, put in enmity- gear when performing bloodpacts. The spots that come to mind are the earring (novia - unless you have both gifted and legion earring(I forget name)) and the ammo slot. It is not much but every little bit helps.

Conclusion: I am not saying enmity isn't broken, I'm just pointing out other sources of hate that some people do not recognize. Hopefully these steps help to alleviate some of your issues until the hate system is adjusted.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is this just apply to the SoA areas or does it apply to all areas within the game? Because this will seriously hurt beast master and summoner in abyssea and dynamis, not to mention meeble events as well.
    (0)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Ok I did some checking and it appears everything is working as intended, if you cannot keep up your pet from dying and die aftewards it seems you might have the wrong impression of being a mortal. Realisticly when your pet had died, it seen you as the only person resposible for the pet being there, and was smart enough to see you created another pet and decided it was time you were for lunch and not your pet. Balanced game once again, solo'rs are no longer able to solo those most powerful mobs all by themselfs.

We are very sorry to hear that this has happend to you, if you feel you would like the devs to look at this issue again I encourage you to use the square enix support page and submit a ticket. Was there any other questions you had? lol
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    We are very sorry to hear that this has happend to you, if you feel you would like the devs to look at this issue again I encourage you to use the square enix support page and submit a ticket. Was there any other questions you had? lol
    Meh, they probably won't bother - most just cancel their subscriptions, and all their dual triple box accounts. Suck to be SE. Assuming most will be back after a few months, but if this trend continue, they would end up loosing a lot more subscribers than gaining new ones.
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Ok I did some checking and it appears everything is working as intended, if you cannot keep up your pet from dying and die aftewards it seems you might have the wrong impression of being a mortal. Realisticly when your pet had died, it seen you as the only person resposible for the pet being there, and was smart enough to see you created another pet and decided it was time you were for lunch and not your pet. Balanced game once again, solo'rs are no longer able to solo those most powerful mobs all by themselfs.

You aren't being serious right? It's impossible to tell in these threads.

Of course your avatars enmity is set at 0 when you resummon. That has always been the case. Any Summoner who has spent any time soloing knows this and knows to cast any spells or use JA outside of aggro range whenever possible. The problem is that with the enmity changes, avatars are no longer able to hold hate with their damage. And because avatars have no other ways of generating hate, this is a problem. It is startling because players are reporting hate problems simply from using BP commands. This would be understandable after a prolonged fight against a tough foe, but in the cases we're seeing here it is happening quickly. Previously, one BP Rage would be enough to firmly reestablish hate, but apparently that is not the case now. This obviously affects BST as well.

It really seems like the dev team was so focused on lowering enmity generated from damage to help tanks keep hate off of DD's that they failed to take into account pets and support magic other than cures. Or it could be that they no longer want pets to be able to hold hate, SMNs and BSTS to solo and want mages to full time -Enmity sets. If it's the latter, well I already have a bad cold. I don't need to feel even sicker.
    (6)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    It really seems like the dev team was so focused on lowering enmity generated from damage to help tanks keep hate off of DD's that they failed to take into account pets and support magic other than cures. Or it could be that they no longer want pets to be able to hold hate, SMNs and BSTS to solo and want mages to full time -Enmity sets. If it's the latter, well I already have a bad cold. I don't need to feel even sicker.
    It does affect BST a great huge deal, I can attest to this. And mages. Any good samaritan mages especially - if you are doing anything remotely helpful to strangers by casting Cure 4 on them, the mob will go after you hard. So yeah, if this is not being fixed today, get ready to feel even sicker, you and me both lol.
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Meh, they probably won't bother - most just cancel their subscriptions, and all their dual triple box accounts. Suck to be SE. Assuming most will be back after a few months, but if this trend continue, they would end up loosing a lot more subscribers than gaining new ones.
    Sad but true. I have a question about your opinion. Do you think the accountants/management team will even notice this in time or will they just let things slip until they're forced shut down all the servers?
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Funny thing though. Do you think the accountants/management will even notice this in time or will they just let things slip until they're forced shut down all the servers?
    They will do server merger first - I think there are a few left stills. Updates are being performed today though. If they are not changing this in a week or two, then a lot of pet jobs player will quit this game. It is one thing to apply it on SoA areas (which defeats the purpose of exploration solo on your own time and leisure) - but to apply it to all areas is a suicidal moves. Reports have surfaced on how easy prey is wreaking havoc to melee DD as well. Yes this show no proper testing was conducted and we are just beta testing this recent updates. I still hope they do a lot of emergency maintenance this week and revert back all these atrocious changes though. They are not that dumb hopefully.

NOPE - no fixes on the enmity issues... Say goodbye to your pet jobs now lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-03-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Player
    I don't think it is the system as it is as much as the players when it comes with their issues with the "new system."

You can solo the mobs in SOA (at least the hunting grounds) as a pet job. I've solo'd tough grasshoppers, butterflies, bunnies, mandies, and those umbril things (not by choice) as PUP. I have not noticed any changes in my automaton's enmity when it comes to his spell casting or damage output. My automaton does not rip the mob from me when he cures me, nukes the mob, or buffs me. He will have higher hate than me IF he engages first, hits the mobs, and casts a spell on it until I can successfully grab the mob's attention... like I have experienced since I've solo'd the job up to 75 pre-abyssea era. I have no trouble taking down the mobs in the hunting grounds.

This is what I have seen around the hunting grounds that other pet jobs are doing wrong:

*BSTs, if you are using a Jug Pet, you are going to have a bad time. Jug Pets are weaker than their wild counterparts. They will not keep the damage output needed to keep the enemy facing the Jug Pet. The Jug Pet will lose enmity from their weaker hits and lose their enmity whenever they take damage. BSTs are going to have to do it old school to solo. That is: building a CHR+/Charm set and charm the SOA mobs in the area (they can be charmed), use -enmity gear while giving commands, learn pet rotation, and learn the affinity wheel. BSTs are going to have to practice and see which mobs can be engaged with both pet and master or just pet.

*SMNs soloing: Pebe above gave a great checklist for helping to keep yourself alive. It's going to take practice and patience to learn to solo these mobs. You may not be able to solo everything in the zones. SMNs should also learn about the terrain that would give them the advantage over the enemy's movement (cliffs, rocks, winding paths, etc.).

*PUPs: Your automaton does not tank the mobs, you do as the master. The automaton supports the master. Your automaton needs (MINIMAL) to have near capped magic (high enough for CureVI), the Mana Booster Attachment, and the Damage Gauge attachment. You will need to learn about positioning the automaton according to your enemy's actions (if they have AOE attacks, conal, knockbacks, etc.) in order to keep your automaton alive. For the master, it is your call when it comes to your gear. I would suggest an Evasion+ set of gear, though I rarely use it currently. For the mobs in the hunting grounds that I solo, I just fight in my TP set and zerg the mob down. Also, you will need to sub DNC. Just Healing Waltz alone saves my automaton from having to cast erase and him having to waste MP on a spell (Haste Samba is also nice).

I hate to sound like the mean guy in the room kicking people while they are down, but someone has to point out that part of the problem is the players. It is not 100% SE's fault. People forgot or never learned how to solo mobs or engage enemies where the players are not buffed or have high amounts of temps to keep them alive. Players will need to dig through those archives of the old "how too" guides for soloing on BST, SMN, PUP, RDM, BLU, etc. Those guides are still there, they just need to be updated for current content. The old lessons still hold true in current content.

Oh, and for those who keep saying "people will quit in large number" because of these "changes." No, the people who refuse to adapt to SoA content or the damage adjustments will quit. Those who will adapt and work within the limitations given to them will stick around.
    (1)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast