Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Suggestions for Improving Reives. Post yours here.

Hello, I've noticed a lot of beef and upset rants regarding how 'difficult' Reives are, or how unfair the balance between support/DD Bayid/etc Obtaining is, and so on, so forth, So i'd like to see if we can gather some recommendations to give to the Devs. For one, i'll start off with my Suggestions, Some i've seen, and some not. Here we go.

Suggestions for Entering/Exiting:
    -----------------------------------------
    *Give us a Warning when Entering a Reive. sometimes you just want to walk around to get to your friends group, Which is hard/impossible in some situations. give us ~10 Seconds of limbo before entering a Reive.

*Give us Longer time when being booted, I'd say 10-15 Seconds would be nice. Pretty please?

*Expand the battlefield a bit. Right now if you die, You're pretty SoL because nowhere is safe, and you're either going to die a lot or be forced to exit. This is especially difficult on mage jobs, and support jobs, who are far more squishy. I know theres some fair degree of strategy involved, a solid tank holding them all, etc. But its quite difficult to destroy Barriers and hold mobs, that respawn quickly, with any amount of people involved.

*if you can't do the above, Remove the "Alliance/Everyone Hate" aspect, so when we die, even if others are fighting, we can safely heal up.

*Reduce Reentry from 10 minutes to 5, So if we are forced to leave (Say after dying), its only the duration of weakness.

Some Ideas regarding Battle itself.
    -----------------------------------------------
    *Reduce the Weakened State, similar to Besieged. If possible, grant us auto-Reraise when the battle is won/If won.

*I like the Reive Unity key item. Thank you.

*Possibly make Final Sting suck less?

*Whoever thought it was a good idea to have 5-6 Mobs with Knockback and potential stun moves in an arena the size of my mog house with a 5 second boot timer should be fired.

*Can we tone down AoE damage a tad? I had Protect up, Defender, and Still was dropped like a ton of bricks when 3-4 Whirl Claws went off at once for ~600 DMG, That doesnt even begin to describe how BS The Reives in Moh Gate is. Turtles + Slimes? it was f**king raining Jelly on everyone while the Turtles AoE Attack'd the remainders. The area was so tiny our mages couldnt even avoid the damage. I mean is the entirety of strategy for these to be Sleep > Rape the wall? way to stave off the zerg mindset.

* PleaseRe-evaluate Support/Healing job Exp/Bayid reward distribution with the idea they will not be meleeing. I read the explination of "Your goal is to destroy this/Kill that, so people who do that will get more exp" - Bubkiss! Without Support, those things killing are going to die and no one wins. the Support are every bit important as the ones actually doing the damage.

Two sides of the same coin. Make it to where being on a Support job isn't drawing the short end of the stick. There simply is no reason as a support job you're receiving ~80~200 Bayid per evaluation doing cures around the clock and hasting/etc, while the Perle DD over there afk with his pet is getting 300-400.

---------------

Thats all I can think off of the top of my head. please give your suggestions, and I'll add them to the OP.

From the Thread Suggestions:

Suggestions from people in the thread. My commentary in Bold.
    1. Temps - RR scroll, couple of potions, ethers, catholicon, etc. Basically the same kind of stuff you get for Besieged. - Pretty sure the Peacekeepers Coalition adds these... We just havent unlocked them. "Coalition Potion" and "Coalition Ether" Exist in the dats
    7. The bonus for ending a reive needs to be increased to about double of the current value.
    (22)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-08-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Player
    You got basically every beef except one that I can add:

LOCATION. We'd (really) like to know where active reives are... without having to run around blindly.
    (4)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Give more rewards per kill and/or assistance of kills. Also better explaination of how system works to lessen the confusion.
    (3)

Player
    I 2nd Karbuncle on final sting.. for the love of all that's Holy II please adjust it.
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Make it so there's actually a reason to fight the mobs in a reive, or lower their respawn rate. As it is now, they serve no purpose other than to kill you and they respawn too fast for killing them to be worthwhile, so they just get Ochained or slept.
    (2)

If i recall right, Killing then gives you Reive Bonuses from the "Reive Unity" Key item, so they serve some semblance of purpose. Though i would like if they went ahead and increased their respawn a little.
    (2)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Any AoE Spell that inflicts DoT should be disabled under Reive combat status. I have seen players purposely using diaga/poisonga to prevent serious players from using the sleepga and zerg strategy. Since this is a griefing tactic not specifically against the ToS and GMs will do nothing about it, such spells should be disabled to prevent it. Spells include but are not limited to:
    Geo-Poison
    Indi-Poison
    Poisonga
    Diaga
    (1)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Add the mobs that AOE to things that should suckless whirl claw went off like crazy never seen that many dead bodies lol....
    (0)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    My thoughts.

1.) It's a really cool idea and I like that, but it's also REALLY annoying when there's an obstruction and you are by yourself and can't complete the Reive. Sometimes areas of the map are completely closed in by Knotted Roots!

2.) On the other hand, finding Reives is a pain. Implement Besieged's system: "Troll Mercenaries are approaching!", maybe like "A Colonization Reive has appeared at (F-6)!" and refresh that message every five minutes or so if nobody's found it.

3.) Too easy to die, imo. The linking behavior ensures that when one mob finds you, you're basically screwed unless you run far away (but not TOO far or else you're ejected from the battlefield).

4.) About running too far. Waiting 10 minutes to do another Reive is bad, especially when you ACCIDENTALLY enter a Reive and are penalized for it. What if you're just prevented from re-entering that Reive?

Just some initial thoughts/concerns. Like I said, it's a cool system and does many things right, but I'd like to see some of these things corrected somehow.
    (6)

Added some new points to battle section. good ieas so far guys, nice feedback.

As far as removing DoT Damage, this will do more harm than good.... I know it sucks to have that one d*ck ruin it, But best you can do is stop sleeping and let them die, or hold as few of mobs as possible... Nothing sucks worse than dying due to some other idiot, but i see a lot of PLD's using Diaga to try and gather mobs for super tanking, you may be dying entirely by accident.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast