Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    You wouldn't believe how fun it gets once a summoner or two decide to join in.
    LOL please do share what fun are you talking about. With the hate issue being wonky, summoner usually dead within seconds being pecked to death and swarmed by mobs. Avatar doesn't last that long, unless you are doing Shiva and Ramuh rotation. Even then you still have to deal with the "whack da root" and the mobs, or none will receive good amount of bayld. Let's just hope tomorrow updates will FIX many of the issues we have been having. If they don't fix it, you can just unsub for 6 months, usually that's the minimum amount they may do some tweaks. A year is the normal turn around time for them to adjust things. Heck we still have no news on Cait Sith, Atomos, and TH gears to enhance our pet.
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I was doing Reives around JP time and the SMNs that were about were actually pretty useful, their heals hit everyone and as a DRK I could wreck the obstacle without having to worry about a thing. The fun part came w/ the lag, like..... severe lag (below 5 frames per second). Granted the comp I primarily play on is quite old but not that old. Anyways while frustrating I still trucked on cuz I was getting decent Bayld so frustration was worth it. If anything just makes me wonder why people don't ask SE to implement a ON/OFF switch for the glowy effect that are in use for a variety of in game models.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I really wish they'd increase the range you could fight the mobs in. It can be rather difficult to pull a mob someplace where you won't get links/aggro from respawning monsters, so unless you're capable of supertanking a group of mobs or have an army of folks doing the reive, you're kinda boned.
    (5)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    I really wish they'd increase the range you could fight the mobs in. It can be rather difficult to pull a mob someplace where you won't get links/aggro from respawning monsters, so unless you're capable of supertanking a group of mobs or have an army of folks doing the reive, you're kinda boned.
    That problem varies between areas. Ceizak/Yahse is cramped because most of the reive space is unpassable terrain, and you only got a small road to fight on. Morimar on the other hand has the full area available, with only the chasm unpassable, and the mobs remain in the middle so you can pull them to the side. You can solo or lowman reives in Morimar with ranged attacks or pets, although even a PUP takes like 2 hours. (I've seen RNG and SMN try to do it, but their damage output is a fraction of a pet-geared PUP.)
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Landar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    maybe give all "active" participants equal bayld for the trouble? ...by "active" I mean doing stuff to the enemies/allies/objective, not standing like a log, leeching.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The reive messages are nice, but Lair Reives suffer from a large number of false positives: people running through the area without engaging any targets. Also, some reives end so quickly, that by the time you get there, it's over...
    So two more messages would be nice:
    * The colonization reive at (G-9) was a success.
    * All participants in the lair reive at (G-9) have fled.
    (6)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Nenetl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think two changes would drastically improve Reives, specially colonization ones:

*Increase the battlefield area, current ones are way too small and turn into a fuster cluck real fast, by doubling the sides you make it safer to pull and fight by not eating TP moves left and right at the same time weakened combatants can rest safely without being forced to exit.

*Decrease the spawn rate of enemy mobs, the way it is right now you are pretty much forced to super-tank because it's nigh impossible to keep up with respawn rates.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7